Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

EB_2013 wrote: »
    ^They've got the rights to show highlights for the season in the UK. Blocked on UPC though :(

Was in the clear but probably an error - UPC block all ITV4 sports even when there is no Irish rights holder. Interestingly the ITV4 coverage is provided by BT Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Good race,
    There is life in the old dog yet!
    I think Lorenzo has had his head wrecked by Marquez, he has developed a strategy to beat the Honda's on the somewhat pitiful Yamaha and now that the tyres have changed and the Honda's have sorted their handling/chatter problems, he is finding that the M1's strengths of high corner speed has effectively nullified his strategy.
    Rossi on the other hand has clearly found a new style that works for him, maybe not to the same level as MM93 but as a front runner definately he is still thereabouts.
    Lorenzo's botched starts have shown that his mental toughness is not impregnable.
    I have very little pity for Yamaha, they made their bed with HRC and stood by these stupid 20 litre fuel restrictions and are paying the price.
    Ducati on the other hand showed that a little bit of extra fuel makes a big difference and their willingness to stand up as a voice of dissent within the MSMA, has shown that they are serious about racing after a few years in the wilderness of non-results.
    Impressive turn of speed out of Dovi's Ducati and but for Cal's brake failure he could have been there as well.
    I hope he is enjoying the Paychecks from Ducati because I can't see him challenging any front runners unless its cold and wet.
    I wonder is he feeling any regrets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

What a cracking last 6 laps. Racing at its absolute best!! So disappointed for Lorenzo.

Scotty # wrote: »
    What a cracking last 6 laps. Racing at its absolute best!! So disappointed for Lorenzo.

One of the best races in a very long time - probably since Brno 2012

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Forgot to breather for the last lap and a half.. Welcome back Jorge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I think they should just race at Mugello every weekend. What a weekend of racing :eek::D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Great racing, it's a brilliant track, the moto 3 is just getting better every race, Jack millers antics are a bit ridiculous though, he bitches about anyone who goes near him on track then cause a big crash, then scowls at everyone and waves him arms at everyone, come on Fenati!!

bladebrew wrote: »
    the moto 3 is just getting better every race...
    It was my first time watching the Moto3 and I'll certainly be watching from now on but it was a total crapshoot. Only 0.6 between the first 7 riders home. Would have been the first 10 only 3 fell with a lap to go. Is it always like that?

Scotty # wrote: »
    It was my first time watching the Moto3 and I'll certainly be watching from now on but it was a total crapshoot. Only 0.6 between the first 7 riders home. Would have been the first 10 only 3 fell with a lap to go. Is it always like that?

There's not always 10 riders but there are very often 5 or 6. A fair bit of fairing bashing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Incheerocket

bladebrew wrote: »
    Great racing, it's a brilliant track, the moto 3 is just getting better every race, Jack millers antics are a bit ridiculous though, he bitches about anyone who goes near him on track then cause a big crash, then scowls at everyone and waves him arms at everyone, come on Fenati!!

Thanks for saying what I thought for a while but didn't want to say..thought everyone loved Jack Miller

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

BT Sports 2 are not the only channel to be broadcastling live MotoGP.
    Channel One in Australia broadcast the main MotoGP race live aswell.They also have a great pre race show and post race show with lookback at the Moto3 and Moto2 race highlights and interviews with past 500cc Grand Prix and MotoGP racers like Wayne Gardiner and Troy Bayliss.Naturally they are all very biased towards Jack Miller,even when he causes accidents and cries like a little baby.
    I was watching the Mugello MotoGP live via Channel One on my TV last weekend.

Ajo doing a Mamola - thats going straight onto you tube - he dislocated his shoulder as well !

Skies are looking really dark for the MotoGP race. Could be a very interesting one ahead.

My heart is pounding :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It was a cracker for sure.. I may need heart medication to keep watching the season.. Epic racing..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You'd never think
    one rider winning all the races so far
    could be exciting :p

Life ain't always empty.

Pedrosa was man of the match for me. He said afterwards he had a different attitude this week. Whatever it was, I hope he keeps it going.

Spot on Scotty, all getting tighter at the front - some spectacle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

BT Sports 2 are not the only channel to be broadcastling live MotoGP.
    Channel One in Australia broadcast the main MotoGP race live aswell.They also have a great pre race show and post race show with lookback at the Moto3 and Moto2 race highlights and interviews with past 500cc Grand Prix and MotoGP racers like Wayne Gardiner and Troy Bayliss.Naturally they are all very biased towards Jack Miller,even when he causes accidents and cries like a little baby.
    I was watching the Mugello MotoGP live via Channel One on my TV last weekend.

Can I ask, how did you get that channel? Do you stream it, or tune it in on sky box?

I have sky myself. If I could watch the races live I'd be over the moon.

Assen once again delivers some great race action across all 3 series,roll on Sachsenring

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Assen once again delivers some great race action across all 3 series,roll on Sachsenring

I was hoping for the rain to start again in the MotoGP race. Sam Lowes trew it away again.

h3000 wrote: »
    I was hoping for the rain to start again in the MotoGP race. Sam Lowes trew it away again.

He wasn't alone in that regard !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lorenzo's confidence seems at a low ebb for several races now. Yamaha won't be falling over themselves to make him a large salary offer on a new contract at this rate.

Life ain't always empty.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Lorenzo's confidence seems at a low ebb for several races now. Yamaha won't be falling over themselves to make him a large salary offer on a new contract at this rate.

In believe he said somewhere that he was afraid he would get hurt if he pushed any harder.

Rossi signs new 2 year factory deal with Yamaha. Absolutely delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

delighted two and a half more years of vale....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Pedrosa signs until 2016 for HRC, nowhere left for Lorenzo to go.
    Ducati aren't even an option I would think.
    Suzuki? Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Their bike is obviously inferior to the Honda and Mark is so far ahead so there probably is little motivation for him - its gone this year. He'll be back on a Yamaha. Honda don't need him now and Yamaha do as Vale is not going to be a championship contender any more.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Pedrosa signs until 2016 for HRC, nowhere left for Lorenzo to go.
    Ducati aren't even an option I would think.
    Suzuki? Good luck.

The Ducati rumour is getting a bit stronger in the last few days. Apparently Jorge paid a visit to the Ferrari factory which is very close to Ducati HQ. I know there isn't much in that itself but I believe a few reputable journalists believe he is heading that way.

• Advertisement

A few weeks ago Suzuki stated that the big 4 would not be moving - this has proved correct to date, I cant see Jorge leaving his beloved Yamaha.

Aleix is being mentioned as the Suzuki rider for 2015.

Advertisement