Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Honda is going to have to help whoever is taking Redding, the alternative is watching him passing Honda riders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Rossi not taking any prisoners so far!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

the best performance i've seen from Rossi in years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Yea I think that was Rossi's even if MM stayed upright. Would have been a great battle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

It's just been announced that Scott Redding will be on board the RC213V with Marc VDS Racing in 2015. They've got a 3 year deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

EB_2013 wrote: »
    It's just been announced that Scott Redding will be on board the RC213V with Marc VDS Racing in 2015. They've got a 3 year deal.

Good news, Scott is a talented rider and the Marc VDS squad should be well funded.

I was starting to wonder if it was going to happen after reading some of Frosties interviews with Scott over the last few days and the mumblings of Aspar running the bike.
    Talk of Loris Baz going or not going to Aspar bodes well for an interesting silly season !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

There is a few rumours of Eugene Laverty heading towards Aspar or Pramac too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

3yr deal for VDS is probably Honda allowing them to spread the cost over a longer period.
    Ohlins and Brembo as well not Showa/Nissin so more data available for Redding which should help him a lot.
    Satellite Honda's don't come about very often so this is a big opportunity for the VDS team.
    It will be very interesting to see how close Crutchlow and Redding are given they are on the same machinery.
    Fausto can't be a happy man at the moment.
    FIM have also lowered the minimum weight by 2kg and will freeze the factory software from Sept 2015 and concentrate on the Spec (Unified) software instead.

Matt Birt reporting Eugene Laverty to Aspar
    Eugene Laverty is understood to have clinched a MotoGP move for 2015 with the high profile Aspar Honda squad.

MCN sources understand Laverty has agreed a deal to ride a production RCV1000R next season after Scott Redding ruled himself out of a possible deal to partner Nicky Hayden in 2015.

Redding has signed a dream deal to ride a factory RC213V in the Marc VDS Racing squad he raced for in Moto2 between 2010 and 2013.

Having been informed that Redding was no longer a realistic target, Aspar boss Jorge Martinez is understood to have penned a deal with Irishman Laverty in Misano last weekend.

Laverty, who currently races for the Voltcom Crescent Suzuki squad in World Superbikes, has made it clear he intended to switch to MotoGP next season and has been locked in talks with Aspar, Pramac Ducati and Forward Yamaha.

Laverty has attended the last three MotoGP races to try and nail down a deal. But his preference has always been to jump on a production RCV1000R machine, which will get a major engine upgrade for 2015, including pneumatic valve technology.

Speaking to MCN during the recent British Grand Prix at Silverstone, Laverty said: “I had a really good conversation with Aspar and that is my preferred choice. I didn’t know them until Brno last year and we sat down with Gigi (Dall’Igna) when the plan was to go with them at Aprilia. And then that all fell apart when Aspar decided to go with Honda. But because we had some good chats and Aspar were really interested in me, they are still keen.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Grim. wrote: »
    Matt Birt reporting Eugene Laverty to Aspar

It's highly likely that he'll go there, and its where he wants to be, but I don't think its signed yet but hopefully it will be soon. Be grwatbtonsee Eugene get sorted and into GP. He deserves a chance on a good bike to show what he can do

• Advertisement

Looks like Eugene is definitely off to MotoGP anyway, still no official announcement of what team.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2014/Voltcom+Crescent+Suzuki+wishes+Laverty+well+for+2015
    “I’d like to thank everyone at Voltcom Crescent Suzuki for all their efforts this season. They’re an incredibly hard working team and we share the same desire to win. We started the year fantastically with a win first time out at Phillip Island, something nobody expected us to do. Even if the results haven't always come our way, I've really enjoyed working with the team and the GSX-R, there is so much potential there. We still have two rounds remaining and my aim is to climb back up on that rostrum before I move to MotoGP in 2015.”

h3000 wrote: »
    Looks like Eugene is definitely off to MotoGP anyway, still no official announcement of what team.

Great to see him getting his chance at last, great rider who had circumstances working against him for too long. Hopefully he'll be able to make an announcement soon and hopefully it'll help raise the profile of the sport here. Michael's done a great job on a bad bike but he goes unnoticed by many but with a good team Eugene could do really well

Jack Miller confirmed at LCR for 2015 with 3 year Honda contract to boot.

The contract disagreement wuth Marc VDS - valid contract with Miller for Moto 2 in 2015 - has been resolved.

Marc VDS, as announced early this week, shall be running a Factory Honda for Scott Redding in 2015.

HRC want Miller in MotoGP, LCR didn't choose him.
    Funny old political game being played there I think.
    Bradl just wasn't good enough, so I guess it remains to be seen if Miller is good enough on the RCV213V-RS to do any good.
    HRC have seen a lot of riders and I doubt they would stick someone on there if they didn't think he had potential.
    Scary to think that Spain could probably fill the whole grid with riders that would be there or thereabouts Rins, Vinales, Alex Marquez.
    You have to hand it to the Spaniards they build the infrastructure and develop a competitive series that feeds directly into GP via CEV.
    Other countries often seem to be competing via their passports rather than on talent.
    You only have to look at the dearth of good US riders to see what happens when your domestic series is of poor quality.
    NZ and Aussies are the same, they have to come to the UK(BSB) or CEV to get any kind of exposure, and even then Superbike is not really a great training ground for future GP riders.

That was an exciting Moto GP race ! How many times did Dani and Marc swap places on the one lap as the rain started to fall?!

brilliant race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Believe it or not, it was a great race for Rossi after he came off, results wise. His teammate wins, but is still behind him on points i believe, and the 2 Honda's in front of him got minimal points.
    I think Marquez got too cocky after Pedrosa came off. He should have come in for wets.

Suzuki Confirmed A Espargaro and Vinales to ride the GSX-RR for 2015.
    No news yet of where E Laverty will be going to from WSBK.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Suzuki Confirmed A Espargaro and Vinales to ride the GSX-RR for 2015.
    No news yet of where E Laverty will be going to from WSBK.

Eugene to sign for Aspar, Baz to Forward Yamaha are the latest rumours.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Eugene to sign for Aspar, Baz to Forward Yamaha are the latest rumours.

Yeah it looks very much like that's how it will fall. Forward are happy to take the Dorna money for Baz and I'd imagine that once that is announced Eugene will follow swiftly. The other main seat available is at Pramac and that's going to Petrucci

• Advertisement

How are Forward going to fit Baz on that bike?
    He makes Leon Camier look normal sized, what would he look like next to Dani Pedrosa?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I wonder will Leon even get a ride now, I thought he did a good job filling in for Hayden. If not in MotoGP I hope he ends up back at BSB.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Yeah it looks very much like that's how it will fall. Forward are happy to take the Dorna money for Baz and I'd imagine that once that is announced Eugene will follow swiftly. The other main seat available is at Pramac and that's going to Petrucci

Confirmed that Petrucci has signed for Pramac.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I wonder will Leon even get a ride now, I thought he did a good job filling in for Hayden. If not in MotoGP I hope he ends up back at BSB.
    Avintia Ducati and Gresini Aprilia both have seats available I would think if Melandri decides to stay in SBK that Leon Camier may have a chance there.
    Thats assuming that Baz will indeed sign for Forward Yamaha.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Avintia Ducati and Gresini Aprilia both have seats available I would think if Melandri decides to stay in SBK that Leon Camier may have a chance there.
    Thats assuming that Baz will indeed sign for Forward Yamaha.

Ioda Racing also have a seat available - Leon was due to ride a second bike for them this year. Ioda have confirmed that they will race in 2015.

Melandri is still in the frame for the Gresini Aprilla while Dorna want Baz in Moto GP and will probably placehim at Forward Yamaha.

Eugene Laverty confirmed at Aspar Honda for 2015 !

Infoanon wrote: »
    Eugene Laverty confirmed at Aspar Honda for 2015 !

WoHoo!!!

Great news for Eugene, really excited to see him into MotoGP next year and (hopefully) on a decent bike. Having a teammate like Hayden is great as well because it gives him a known yardstick to measure himself against

Baz confirmed at Forward Racing.

• Advertisement

The only seats now remaining to be confirmed are : the Gresini Aprilla, Marco Melandri?, Ioda racing and Avintia Ducatis, Hector Barbara ? And ?

Advertisement