Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Million Ways To Die In The West

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Thought it was terrible tbh. At best mildly amusing but I spent the whole (looong) 2 hours waiting for a good hearty laugh that I never got. Seth was also far from charismatic and the banal and predictable plot really made the film crawl along. Would have been better as just wall to wall comic madness instead of getting bogged down on such an obvious and boring story.

Meh, was nicely shot (as good a pun as any in the film! :pac: ) though I'll give it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't laugh out loud once. I did smile at the barn cameo, but that's about it.

As most reviews said, the funniest bits were in the trailers. The problem is that I've seen them so many times over the last few months that they just weren't funny any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

One of the worst films I've seen in a long time. Think I smiled once during the film (can't even remember at what).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I enjoyed it for what it was. Some good laughs in there also, didnt feel it drag myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Mr E wrote: »
    Didn't laugh out loud once. I did smile at the barn cameo, but that's about it.

As most reviews said, the funniest bits were in the trailers. The problem is that I've seen them so many times over the last few months that they just weren't funny any more.

If thats the case then it must be shockingly bad

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 samwhite449

Looks like a fun movie i think i would enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Warper wrote: »
    If thats the case then it must be shockingly bad

I was just thinking that after seeing the message you quoted there, I mean upon seeing the trailer to this I just thought meh and thought it was a tad crap looking but it being Seth McFarlane, Family Guy etc and I loved Ted I still wanted to give it a shot :)

Dont go by the trailer, anyone whos planning on seeing it, imho anyway it was definitly better than the trailer - just escapist fun type of movie, nothing spectacular but Ive definitly seen a lot worse which have called themselves "comedies" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was waiting for a Mel Brooks cameo

Giovanni Ribisi's Edward was the best character by far, needed more of him

Anyone else spot Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell :p

Seth and Charlize had good chemistry but I still don't think Seth was good in the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Went to see this last night and enjoyed it for what it was. It's not exactly clever humour but thought it was a good way to kill a couple of hours. Pretty much instantly forgettable but I did laugh a good many times. Few jokes fell very flat on occasion.

Had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: The moustache song is still stuck in my bloody head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 kriters8

uh....actually,the title I was shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It wasn't really funny. It was witty. But I never laughed out loud, like I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I absolutely hated it and it just made me wish I was watching Blazing Saddles instead,

The sheriff is near!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Roar wrote: »
    I absolutely hated it and it just made me wish I was watching Blazing Saddles instead,

The sheriff is near!

Well, to tell a family secret..my grandmother was Dutch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

This was very disappointing I thought. Trailer has all the funniest bits. Although I did think
    the Doc Brown scene
    was very clever, and Charlize looked better than ever. But it just wasn't very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

bogmanfan wrote: »
    This was very disappointing I thought. Trailer has all the funniest bits. Although I did think
    the Doc Brown scene
    was very clever, and Charlize looked better than ever. But it just wasn't very funny
    Exactly, half the scenes are like comedic dead ends. They set up something that could potentially be very funny but then just end. It's so bizarre, as if it was directed and written by something who's never even done comedy before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

theron laughed way too hard at seth's characters jokes, looked far too dreamily at his duplo unstructured face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I was disappointed to be honest, but I did laugh out loud at several jokes.
    Seths dad provided a few good laughs and the Barn cameo was just excellent.

The moustache song is stuck in my, still, after a week.

Also, Theron looked amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Very disappointing. Few laughs but overall quite flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It was okay, probably won't ever watch it again, found it way too long, got seriously antsy about half way through, it could have been cut down a lot more, it really didn't need to be anywhere near 2 hours long. I did chuckle a bit here and there but that was it really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Has anyone seen the new Unrated cut of this yet and does it improve things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the new Unrated cut of this yet and does it improve things?

You cant polish a turd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

You cant polish a turd

True, but sometimes a different cut of a film can make a huge difference.

Advertisement