Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Million Ways To Die In The West

Options
  • 31-01-2014 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭

Red Band (R-Rated) trailer now out:

Seth MacFarlane, Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Giovanni Ribisi ...Sarah Silverman? Oh, and they aren't kidding about the R-rating, by the way, starting with the guy that gets iced. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Some people may not like his comedy but I laughed throughout that trailer. Hopefully, the movie is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Early alarm bells ringing with the mention of Giovani Ribisi....

I don't know, Ted was pretty damn poor and that looks like the same gag repeated over and over. It seems to be Final Destination with added jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... and Charlize. :)

Is it just me or is Seth channelling a bit of Mike Myers in that trailer? (the actor, not halloween boogeyman).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

He reminds me of Charlie Brown from the Peanuts comic strip. He's so clean-cut in appearance that it makes his on-screen obscenities all the more shocking. I have no problem with low-brow humour, and if this is done right, it will evoke memories of The Quick and the Dead or Blazing Saddles. The latter is now considered a classic, but it wasn't always the case.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Awfully constructed trailer, half the gags were McFarlane reacting to something that happens. I think most of the entertainment in these kind of films is seeing 'big' actors being involved in low brow humour like this. No problem with low brow but this looks poor enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, maybe this is why Seth McFarlane should stay in the recording booth; his demeanour and constant mugging to the camera got really annoying even in that short trailer. Also seems like a pretty shallow 1-joke film, not sure 90 minutes of CGI blood is that attractive.

Good to hear Liam Neeson use his natural accent for a change though; heard his nordie accent using in the Lego movie too, so nice that he's not his attempting his usual strangled US accent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,275 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For seeing the trailer it might have been better with a different lead than Seth himself

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I love Charlize Theron, I think she's amazing, I don't understand some of the choices she makes.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,275 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seth and Alan Jackson have recorded a song for the film (similar to the song from Blazing Saddles) http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/04/28/seth-macfarlane-alan-jackson-a-million-ways-to-die-song/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

"mila cunis, mila cunis"

:D

cant wait for this one !

Second Red Band (R-Rated) trailer is out, with some new scenes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Actually looks pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Actually looks pretty good!

I think it looks awful :P
    Charlize Theron chose this film instead of PTA's Inherent Vice :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

Damn! Charlize looking fine. Pity about the film - looks dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

I saw the trailer the other night in the cinema and thought it looked hilarious. That said, more then likely that was the full quota of laughs, which is what happened with Ted. Have to agree on the opinions of Charlize Theron. Very easy on the eye. As is Sarah Silverman I might add

I'm beginning to wonder if Charlize Theron is actually a good actress or if she just puts herself in really awful films and looks great in comparison to what's on show around her? She makes some shocking bad choices. I guess she's got bills to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Looks excellent, comedy is so opinionated, but I love all his work so looking forward to this! :D

I wonder whether the distributors have seen this thread? I'm seeing ads everywhere, including a whole LUAS tram, so it's getting quite the promotional push. I wonder if there is going to be a premiere, and if so, can I have a ticket? I think I deserve some promotional consideration for starting this thread ,,, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Seth McFarlane only knows how to write Family Guy, and then he puts it in different settings. And that joke got old a very long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've seen this trailer a good 10 times in the cinema at least. I feel obliged to go and see this now. Hoping all the laughs haven't been used up in the trailer though I fear they might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Got bored with Family Guy years ago.

Went to see Ted not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Big dumb crude laughs - Marky Mark has a knack for comedy I think.

There's something about the trailer that makes me suspect this won't be that great but I'll give MacFarlane the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I quite enjoyed Ted and I'd be inclined to give this a chance. He's got a crude, self-indulgent, and very hit-or-miss style of comedy but goddammit if Seth Mc Farlane hasn't made me genuinely laugh out loud more times than I care to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Seth MacFarlane just posted a "maybe" spoilery picture on twitter
    https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/469628622471716864
    Back to the future
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Seth MacFarlane just posted a "maybe" spoilery picture on twitter
    https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/469628622471716864
    Back to the future
    :pac:
    well chris Lloyd is listed as doc brown on imdb for it

Also it's in the third trailer so no watching the third trailer if you don't wanna know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looks a good laugh, Liam Neeson looks to be in part Taken part Lego Bad Cop mode in this, looking forward to seeing Neil Patrick Harris too.

Actually, films like this are usually better watched in the cinema so it benefits from the large crowd effect. Other people laughing at things make them seem funnier than they are when you're watching on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does promotion = hype these days? I haven't come across any hype personally.

Advertisement