Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bart Mars

Lad I know won't pay for rubbish collection. Everything goes in the fire, compost heap or down the jax.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lad I used to work with was awful. He wasnt poor, just mean. Never liked parting with his money.

Heres a list

1) He used to fill pilfer Milk from the canteen. We had a machine that dispensed Milk and he would regulary be caught filling a 2 litre bottle up a few times a week.

2) He used to rob tea bags and butter as well as butter and ketchup packs.

3) Would always turn up at leaving dos and hang around the higher ups just so he could bum pints of them (the higher ups are generous folk)

4)He used to go across the road to a local food kitchen for the homeless and get €1 euro meals instead of buying a lunch.

The man was earning more than me and he was going to soup kithens.

Another lad who was in our group of friends was also tight with his cash. We (about 7 of us) used to go to breakfast once a week and if he ever didnt have any cash id entice him by buying his. I did this over 10 times over the year and it was only 7 quid so I never thought anything of it. So one day I was short and he offered to pay for mine. The whole day I was reminded not to forget to get him back on Friday for that. I was like "The cheek of him, Ive bought him many a breakfast and said nothing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lad I used to work with was awful. He wasnt poor, just mean. Never liked parting with his money.

Heres a list

1) He used to fill pilfer Milk from the canteen. We had a machine that dispensed Milk and he would regulary be caught filling a 2 litre bottle up a few times a week.

2) He used to rob tea bags and butter as well as butter and ketchup packs.

3) Would always turn up at leaving dos and hang around the higher ups just so he could bum pints of them (the higher ups are generous folk)

4)He used to go across the road to a local food kitchen for the homeless and get €1 euro meals instead of buying a lunch.

The man was earning more than me and he was going to soup kithens.

Another lad who was in our group of friends was also tight with his cash. We (about 7 of us) used to go to breakfast once a week and if he ever didnt have any cash id entice him by buying his. I did this over 10 times over the year and it was only 7 quid so I never thought anything of it. So one day I was short and he offered to pay for mine. The whole day I was reminded not to forget to get him back on Friday for that. I was like "The cheek of him, Ive bought him many a breakfast and said nothing".

Can't f*cking stand people like that, being well off and yet still living like a poor homeless person.

Whats the point ?

So the government can plunder your savings when you die ??? :confused:

the_monkey wrote: »
    Can't f*cking stand people like that, being well off and yet still living like a poor homeless person.

Whats the point ?

So the government can plunder your savings when you die ??? :confused:

The thing is he tells us about everything in his life so I know hes not in any great debt. I know he rents at a very cheap rate and almost always buys things at knock down prices (usually good stuff too) because he brags about how great a bargain he gets. Hes just cheap and it does my head in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bart Mars

The thing is he tells us about everything in his life so I know hes not in any great debt. I know he rents at a very cheap rate and almost always buys things at knock down prices (usually good stuff too) because he brags about how great a bargain he gets. Hes just cheap and it does my head in.

I sincerely hope you didnt refund him for the one breakfast he bought???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The whole day I was reminded not to forget to get him back on Friday for that. I was like "The cheek of him, Ive bought him many a breakfast and said nothing".

That's your problem right there.

Bart Mars wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you didnt refund him for the one breakfast he bought???

I didnt. I got a mild revenge one night recently, was out on a night out with him one night with the misses. He never buys you a pint and is notorious for not getting ya back with a pint if you do buy him one (leaves mysteriously, claims to havent gone the bank machine etc). So he buys my misses a half pint of gunniess (her tipple). Im shocked as ive rarely see him buy any one anything. So I inform her of what hes like and tell her not to buy one back straight away and leave about a half hour later without getting him back. Heard from another lad that he was annoyed she didnt get him back but fcuk him.

Ah sweet (mild) revenge

Probably has a small fortune stuffed in a bank - he'll never enjoy it tho ..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fitzy211

few years ago in college, i was renting a house from a lazy enough landlord. when a group of us moved into the house we saw that the landlord hadnt cleaned the house at all.Among all the general mess there were hair clips scattered around the bathroom floor (amongst gross hair and fluff and random dirt), food like stale opened pasta and oil in the kitchen, and a knitted beanie hat lying around somewhere also, the hat smelled of dirt and unwashed people in general. One of the girls i was staying with, collected and used all the hairclips, used up the food (including a bottle of oil which has solidfied it was so old) and WORE the filthy beanie when she went out in winter without washing it. I just remember being so disgusted at the time that someone would actually go to all the effort of crawling around behind a toilet to collect up used and dirty hairclips and wear a hat that you could actually smell a mile off

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

orangesoda wrote: »
    The tesco self service machine wouldn't give back my 2p change the other day so i made the worker open it up with keys and get it for me

That's not stingy that's stickin' it to the man - F**k Tesco and their €€billion$$ of profits.

As long as you were sound to the person at the till.

• Advertisement

I think we found a winner !!!!

As you know , where I live the people have a reputation as being stingey tight fúcking cúnts careful with their money.

My mother in law was complaining to my wife about this couple - now bearing in mind that she's pretty tight too - so even she thinks this is ridiculous.

This couple to save on soap, one would go into the shower 1st and soap themselves up, the other would then scoop the soap of them and use it on themselves ... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I mean , does this win it or not ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

As you know , where I live the people have a reputation as being stingey tight fúcking cúnts careful with their money.

My mother in law was complaining to my wife about this couple - now bearing in mind that she's pretty tight too - so even she thinks this is ridiculous.

This couple to save on soap, one would go into the shower 1st and soap themselves up, the other would then scoop the soap of them and use it on themselves ... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It would fit in equally well in the scummy people thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

First thoughts are a serious concern about how they conserve toilet paper...and any type of hygienic product really

Second thoughts are that it doesn't really seem to serve it's purpose, I mean the used soapy water or sludge or whatever you'd call it isn't exactly clean is it?

"You missed a good bit of soap there dear...quick scoop it up! it's running down the back of my thigh from when I washed my arsėhole and ass crack"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

When I was a student I was struggling for money. We had to buy our own toilet paper, but we didn't have to pay any extra for water no matter how much we used. So every time I went to the toilet, instead of wiping my bum I got in the shower and rinsed instead.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It would fit in equally well in the scummy people thread.

The water tax will not benefit these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

When I was a student I was struggling for money. We had to buy our own toilet paper, but we didn't have to pay any extra for water no matter how much we used. So every time I went to the toilet, instead of wiping my bum I got in the shower and rinsed instead.

Reminds me of the thread asking people if they pissed in the shower, and someone came along and said they **** in the shower and mashed it down the plughole with their toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Probably rinse out jonnies after they use them aswel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

its so easy to ''borrow'' toilet paper and even napkins from places like McDonalds. You had no excuse for that ... besides it is only free if the water is ice cold . If you warm it up then you may as well buy a roll...

Whats the cost of an electric power shower ? between 25 and 50 cents ? A loo roll can be got for 25 cent if you actually pay for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

its so easy to ''borrow'' toilet paper and even napkins from places like McDonalds. You had no excuse for that ... besides it is only free if the water is ice cold . If you warm it up then you may as well buy a roll...

Whats the cost of an electric power shower ? between 25 and 50 cents ? A loo roll can be got for 25 cent if you actually pay for it

No, electricity and everything was included. We only had to buy our own food and bog rolls. Anyway it actually felt much cleaner washing than wiping. Who said anything about an electric power shower anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

We just stole it from the college like normal students.

• Advertisement

kitten7 wrote: »
    A friend of mine was going out with a really stingy guy for ages, supposedly he used to look up the presents she had bought him online to see how much they were worth. Arsehole

Years ago, back when i was a student I was going out with a girl who decided she was bringing me into town to buy me a birthday present. We met up on a lovely sunny day if i recall and go around the city centre.
    After we're in town for about two hours and we're in a particular shop and she sees a present she wants to get her mother. Her mothers birthday was the same week. She ends up getting me to buy the present for her.

Turns out she never had the money in the first place. She'd gotten her student grant the week beforehand but had handed it all over to her mum (fair enough, the mum had been supporting her). She had proceeded to make me think she was bringing me into town for my birthday, just so she could borrow money off me.
    Now I'm a stupidly generous person (I get slagged for it), but I think what pissed me off the most wasn't the stinginess but rather building up my expectations of my birthday, just to scab money in the end. I mean, she was my girlfriend, I would have lent the money.

I never did see a penny back or even get a birthday card. Needless to say we broke up a few weeks later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If it's true it's more into mental health issues than stingy, I would think =/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Grayson wrote: »
    Years ago, back when i was a student I was going out with a girl who decided she was bringing me into town to buy me a birthday present. We met up on a lovely sunny day if i recall and go around the city centre.
    After we're in town for about two hours and we're in a particular shop and she sees a present she wants to get her mother. Her mothers birthday was the same week. She ends up getting me to buy the present for her.

Turns out she never had the money in the first place. She'd gotten her student grant the week beforehand but had handed it all over to her mum (fair enough, the mum had been supporting her). She had proceeded to make me think she was bringing me into town for my birthday, just so she could borrow money off me.
    Now I'm a stupidly generous person (I get slagged for it), but I think what pissed me off the most wasn't the stinginess but rather building up my expectations of my birthday, just to scab money in the end. I mean, she was my girlfriend, I would have lent the money.

I never did see a penny back or even get a birthday card. Needless to say we broke up a few weeks later.

Jesus Christ that's ridiculous thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm working with the father in the carpentry/ renovations trade. Got a call to a house to repair a leaking ceiling in of the rooms of a hoise, normal enough like. This woman now, she's old enough. Has 3 houses and a big amount of land, she's very well off like. We arrived in anyway to see the leak in the ceiling, the leak was pretty close to a light. Instead of fixing the leak she got us to remove the light and leave the leak as it was...

Jesus Christ that's ridiculous thing to do

I really was a sap back then. :rolleyes: Completely naive and easy to guilt trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

There's a live thread on Weddings & Marriage where a bride & groom have invited 300 people... and aren't planning to feed them :o Carnage will ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What about the Chinese woman in New York who works in a top end job. She dresses as a tramp on her days off to rummage for food in bins. Usually she will target the supermarkets bins as they throw food still wrapped and just out of date. She never buys food not even when she has friends over. Could be a load of baloney though as it was on extreme cheapskates or some show like that.

Dolbert wrote: »
    There's a live thread on Weddings & Marriage where a bride & groom have invited 300 people... and aren't planning to feed them :o Carnage will ensue.

Throw up a link to the thread I bet the op is a first poster, plenty of them shock threads in the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Could just be a weird sex game. I don't see much in it myself but fairplay to them.

How did your mother in law find out about this. You I know they know feckin everything, I swear mines a witch.

• Advertisement

Maphisto wrote: »
    Could just be a weird sex game. I don't see much in it myself but fairplay to them.

How did your mother in law find out about this. You I know they know feckin everything, I swear mines a witch.

I would wonder how the mother in law got this info also, hardly something you go telling people about.

Advertisement