Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The bum in work part 2...

He brought in his annual every 2 week box of fags today. After bumming at least 2/3 fags off different people everyday including myself. I asked him for one and he gave one with some head on him, asked him for another a few hours later just for the sake of it since he has no problem asking me for five. He then reluctantly handed me one, and when my other friend who ALSO supplies him daily asked for one cigarette he said ‘no, you can’t have one because dartboardio got one, these hav to last me two days’
    Where the hell does he think we get our cigarettes from? Our ears?

Make sure ye all say no the next time he asks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

He brought in his annual every 2 week box of fags today. After bumming at least 2/3 fags off different people everyday including myself. I asked him for one and he gave one with some head on him, asked him for another a few hours later just for the sake of it since he has no problem asking me for five. He then reluctantly handed me one, and when my other friend who ALSO supplies him daily asked for one cigarette he said ‘no, you can’t have one because dartboardio got one, these hav to last me two days’

With every cigarette he bums, make sure you riddle the cigarette with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭D3V!L

With every cigarette he bums, make sure you riddle the cigarette with this

Or Ricin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well now you the perfect opportunity to refuse him anymore. Say that they have to last you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

The Ciggie bum is another reason I am so grateful to my younger self that I never thought spending a net €4K a year for the opportunity to make myself more attractive to the laydeez by adding a rasping cough, smelly clothes and brown stains on my hands on teeth was a good idea.

I had a friend in my early 20's who was a classic ciggie bum. At the time he was going out with a lovely girl who was a tad gormless to be fair. We always went back to my gaff after the pub on the weekend where the friend would always start tapping his breast pocket, swear, and say something on the lines of: I must have left me fags at the pub/ dropped them / they have been beamed up to the Starship Enterprise. He would then expect the other smokers there to keep him supplied every time they lit up themselves.

One night his story was he thought the Chipper on the way to the house would be selling fags, whereupon the gormless girlfriend immediately jumped in with: "No you didn't, you said the lads would have plenty."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Just... stop giving him fags. I don't understand the issue here. When he asks you say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Just... stop giving him fags. I don't understand the issue here. When he asks you say no.

There’d be no story then!

And yep, have my ultimate excuse now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Do students and young people actually still smoke fags as in not rollies?!

I had a close to ten minute conversation with someone today about the fact that despite the fact that two products contain the same ingredients, one of them is more expensive because those ingredients are in a different ratio and it takes much more time to produce. This is not, apparently, factoring the cost of labour into the end price but "jacking up the price like coyboys".

There are a lot of people who seem to think that charging anything beyond the cost of the raw materials for something is just plain gouging. Don't know if it's stinginess or just what happens when a very very stupid person tries their hand at cute hoorness.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On the subject of fags. I was in a bike club of about 20 back in the early 90s. One of the lads was always on the scrounge cos he didn't "actually smoke". We'd be in groups of 4 or 5 around the pub and he'd move from group to group hoovering up fags as he went. One night we all decided to take him to task and tell him to buy a packet of fags/. He reluctantly got change of a fiver and went over to the machine. After putting about 5 or 6 50ps in he realised it was the jukebox he was feeding. He didn't even know what a cig machine looked like. We had free music for a while and he still never bought any fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

your the fool for giving him any in the first place ,   I pity the fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

As a typical irish person... I struggle to say no. Like my granny. She’ll be your best friend to your face then bitch the absolute back off ya the minute you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

As a typical irish person... I struggle to say no. Like my granny. She’ll be your best friend to your face then bitch the absolute back off ya the minute you leave.

It's the perfect excuse for you to try quit smoking now :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Ginger83

kg703 wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Not with you here at all. Every now and again myself and my husband bring nagins to the pub. Both in our 30s, have a fairly active social life and will easily save sixty quid doing this. I’ve never not bought rounds of drinks when I do go out without a hip flask. Bars have overheads yes but they are also charging 5/6 quid for a beer. Same with the 3arena etc. overcharge for everything.

I’d hardly consider myself or himself pathetic. We’re only saving ourselves a bit of cash!

In saying that, I wouldnt do it in a little family run pub, I’m talking Dublin City Centre.

In your 30s? Jesus some people have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Ginger83 wrote: »
    In your 30s? Jesus some people have no shame.

Hungry fcuks. Wouldn’t spend christmas

Hungry fcuks. Wouldn’t spend christmas

I just wouldn't go out.

They obviously can't afford to go out but i sense a bit of a keep up with the joneses with the active lifestyle.

I had a guy doing painting for me who was telling me of a big house he was painting. There was 2 new cars but never milk in the fridge for his tea..........jesus what a way to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Maybe they were lactose intolerant

hobie21 wrote: »

Its possible, i don't like coffee but i keep it in case of visitors.

I don't know if people would say this is stingy or just being careful.. but this is something I do.
    When I put petrol in my car, I make sure that after I have stopped filling, I shake every last drop off the nozzle into my petrol tank.
    You would be surprised at what comes out even after stopping filling.
    I partly do it because of being afraid of petrol wet spots on the forecourt and a fire hazard and not just to squeeze every last drop literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,934 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't know if people would say this is stingy or just being careful.. but this is something I do.
    When I put petrol in my car, I make sure that after I have stopped filling, I shake every last drop off the nozzle into my petrol tank.
    I partly do it because of being afraid of petrol wet spots on the forecourt and a fire hazard and not just to squeeze every last drop literally.

You wouldn't walk away from the toilet without shaking so I don't see a problem at the pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I do this because I once splashed myself with petrol but I’m always afraid people will see me and think I’m a mad stinge shaking every last drop out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Not to seem stingy but I hope I'm not next to the pump after you as I'm going to get less.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You wouldn't walk away from the toilet without shaking so I don't see a problem at the pumps.

I'm a lady :D

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thats what they all say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Lies! This is the Internet! Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents....
    dieselbug wrote: »
    Not to seem stingy but I hope I'm not next to the pump after you as I'm going to get less.

I tend to do a bit of a shake when filling my bike so I don't drip any onto hot engine parts, but literally a drop or two will come out. You are being stingy if you think you're missing out on any significant amount. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I tend to do a bit of a shake when filling my bike so I don't drip any onto hot engine parts, but literally a drop or two will come out. You are being stingy if you think you're missing out on any significant amount. ;)[/QUOTE]

But they're the bonus drops, the free one's.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I save money by shaving my little girls head bald every few months.

Then I take her to the pub and get drinks bought for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I save money by shaving my little girls head bald every few months.

Then I take her to the pub and get drinks bought for me. :pac:

I knew a woman who used to do something like that with her 14 yr old sister, who has died since. The same person used to have on average 4 - 5 birthdays a year.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    hobie21 wrote: »

Its possible, i don't like coffee but i keep it in case of visitors.
    Would you keep milk if you didnt drink it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Would you keep milk if you didnt drink it ?
    You could keep some UHT. But it's ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You could keep some UHT. But it's ****e.

How much for this this and this one ....

Advertisement