Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commencement Notice

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

HoofRocks wrote: »
    Two weeks after the date we had on our commencement notice a building control officer visited the site

s/he decided that you had not in fact started and so
    and we received a letter the next day saying our commencement notice was void.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"So if you haven't commenced the works 4 weeks after you submit the commencement notice, the commencement notice you submitted is no longer valid.
    "

On this note I don't agree as my confirmation letter stated I coudn't start before the date I had given.

Yes, you couldn't start before the date given, but you also had to start before the 4 weeks were up. You had to start sometime between the 14 and 28 days (as close as possible to the date noted on your submitted commencement notice for when the works were due to begin).

Look, the simplest answer is: In all cases, if works still haven't commenced 28 days after the commencement notice was submitted, the commencement notice is no longer valid.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,103 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i think the poster needs to give us a proper chronology of what happened here, because they have 28 days from date of notice to commence.

so..

what was the date you gave notice?
    what was the date of the letter saying commencement notice was invalid.....
    and what was given for reason for invalidation?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, this is getting too specific into an individual case.

HoofRocks, consult with the professionals involved in your project.

No more discussion on this case. Thanks.

Advertisement