Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret A1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Swordsdave

A shame this isn't updated. Great for me as an A3 to get an idea of how the A1s train.
    Would have been good to see this alright! But there is plenty of A1s open about their training if you ask them.

What I have found is a good A3 who is upgraded will have no problem getting unplaced A2 prizes but to get anyfurther will require the ability to race and be in the right position at the right time. I know a couple of A4s and A3s who would kill me in training but couldn't race to save their lives so never got anywhere, got disillusioned and threw the bike into the shed not to race again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Swordsdave wrote: »
    Would have been good to see this alright! But there is plenty of A1s open about their training if you ask them.

What I have found is a good A3 who is upgraded will have no problem getting unplaced A2 prizes but to get anyfurther will require the ability to race and be in the right position at the right time. I know a couple of A4s and A3s who would kill me in training but couldn't race to save their lives so never got anywhere, got disillusioned and threw the bike into the shed not to race again.

Can you elaborate on the "ability to race". I think this is maybe one of my weaknesses as I'm still relatively new to the sport. Maybe this is better as a separate thread so I'll post up and look for feedback on the general thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can you elaborate on the "ability to race". I think this is maybe one of my weaknesses as I'm still relatively new to the sport. Maybe this is better as a separate thread so I'll post up and look for feedback on the general thread.

I presume you are talking about racecraft Swordsdave? picking the right moves, marking the right people, burning your matches in the most effective way possible?

Inquitus wrote: »
    I presume you are talking about racecraft Swordsdave? picking the right moves, marking the right people, burning your matches in the most effective way possible?

I know what it means but I'm trying to elicit some example firsthand. :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I know what it means but I'm trying to elicit some example firsthand. :rolleyes::)

Keeping the hammer down as you crest a climb. Most want to ease off having put in the effort going up but the extra push at the top can be the difference between a race winning break or indeed, staying in contact with the bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Swordsdave

Inquitus wrote: »
    Yes and scared to put in that much of an effort in an attack that if it didnt work they would get dropped by the bunch so all that training for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

pprendeville this is not your weakness. Your well able to suffer and your race craft was improveing with your fitness. Your problem was you shaged off the China :)

Perhaps. When I get back in June I'll know where I'm at. Welcome back by the way. You sure don't mess around.

Advertisement