Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

golfball37 wrote: »
    Bad news on the Boston flight being pulled for 10 days. Strong rumours that EI will pull both Boston and NY next year from Shannon for at least one season.

Where are you hearing these "rumours"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Schedule for BHX.

BHX 1655 SNN 1835 EI3638
    SNN 1900 BHX 2035 EI3639

Daily except Saturday.

Schedule for BHX.

BHX 1655 SNN 1835 EI3638
    SNN 1900 BHX 2035 EI3639

Daily except Saturday.

Poor enough timing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Can someone explain to me this whole Stobart thing. I understand they are pretty much a leasing company in which they undertake flights on behalf of other airlines. IE EI regional and flybe. However I'm not understanding why stobart are coming back would this not be upto the management at ei under the EI regional franchise to take back on the route therefore should the papers not say Aer Lingus are bringing back the route?.... As I say I'm not fully understanding this setup

Jhcx wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me this whole Stobart thing. I understand they are pretty much a leasing company in which they undertake flights on behalf of other airlines. IE EI regional and flybe. However I'm not understanding why stobart are coming back would this not be upto the management at ei under the EI regional franchise to take back on the route therefore should the papers not say Aer Lingus are bringing back the route?.... As I say I'm not fully understanding this setup

Stobart operate and crew the aircraft and effectively decide what routes to operate. They are sold under the Aer Lingus Regional brand on the Aer Lingus site. The franchise basically gives them a huge brand awareness for the general public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

golfball37 wrote: »
    Bad news on the Boston flight being pulled for 10 days. Strong rumours that EI will pull both Boston and NY next year from Shannon for at least one season.

Rubbish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That ill-fated Germanwings aircraft (D-AIPX) was in Shannon last year, probably for a paint job?

Possibly into Shannon Aerospace (or Luftansa Technik Shannon as it's now called) for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭golfball37

Airbus330 wrote: »
    Where are you hearing these "rumours"?
    An airport employee

To be fair at the rate EI are going I wouldn't be half surprised. Would be very stupid on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

To be fair at the rate EI are going I wouldn't be half surprised. Would be very stupid on their part.

Well if they are loss making it wouldn't be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

SNN-BHX now bookable. Times are as follows:

BHX-SNN 16:55-18:35
    SNN-BHX 19:00-20:35

Fares start from €29.99 one way or €90.98 return. Flights start 15th of June.

Amazingly enough, you still get the option to connect In Shannon with the Transatlantic flights when flying from BOS/JFK. I cannot imagine anyone would want a 13 hour stopover.

Its a regular occurrence that when articles are published, journalists often use the wrong aircraft type.

This is just taking the piss
    stobart-air-boeing-737-800-fsx2-300x188.jpg

Credit to the Limerick Post -http://www.limerickpost.ie/2015/03/24/stobart-back-at-shannon/

Also the flights start June 15th, not 18th. Lazy journalism is at a new low, no article has noted the 15th yet!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Its a regular occurrence that when articles are published, journalists often use the wrong aircraft type.

Also the flights start June 15th, not 18th. Lazy journalism is at a new low, no article has noted the 15th yet!

Yeah. The Shannon airport website also says June 18th? Very strange. And you would think that the likes of the Limerickpost could just google image 'stobart air' instead of creating a stupid image on an animated 737 a/c.

Yeah. The Shannon airport website also says June 18th? Very strange. And you would think that the likes of the Limerickpost could just google image 'stobart air' instead of creating a stupid image on an animated 737 a/c.

Could have been lost in communication. Whatever happened its for sale from the 15th June.

Rumours of 2 new routes to be announced from Cork today. Strange how they can continue to get flights yet SNN only has one new route announced since Jan..

Rumours of 2 new routes to be announced from Cork today. Strange how they can continue to get flights yet SNN only has one new route announced since Jan..

2 new routes for Cork? That would make 5 this year!

Where have you been hearing this?!?

2 new routes for Cork? That would make 5 this year!

Where have you been hearing this?!?

Yeah! Saw it on Twitter from an aviation blogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Masala

2 new routes for Cork? That would make 5 this year! ?!?

Would say that DAA coming under pressure to deliver something to Cork. Looking at the recent Flybe to Cardiff news... I'd say DUB insisted that Flybe put something into Cork if they wanted something into DUB.

Lets see how long these flights last.... Hope it not just a political exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

SNN-BHX now bookable. Times are as follows:

BHX-SNN 16:55-18:35
    SNN-BHX 19:00-20:35

Amazingly enough, you still get the option to connect In Shannon with the Transatlantic flights when flying from BOS/JFK. I cannot imagine anyone would want a 13 hour stopover.

I suppose no harm to offer it, but it won't get a huge amount of take-up.
    Fares start from €29.99 one way or €90.98 return.

Something doesn't seem right here...

Something doesn't seem right here...

One way fares ex BHX will be higher than 29.99 owing to APD/Taxes there being expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

One way fares ex BHX will be higher than 29.99 owing to APD/Taxes there being expensive

Fair point - probably that combined with the current exchange rate driving the return price up. UK APD has gone up in cost significantly for travellers using the Euro in the last few months.

Fair point - probably that combined with the current exchange rate driving the return price up. UK APD has gone up in cost significantly for travellers using the Euro in the last few months.

The flight from BHX has always been more expensive in my recollection, but especially now. The Flight from SNN-BHX is €29.99 whereas from BHX-SNN its €60.99 (cheapest fare). I suppose ADP and airport charges as well as Currency exchange have a big part.

I have to ask with Lufthansa having such a base in Shannon is there any future for Germanwings flying to Shannon. Or would the competition be too strong with Ryanair

I have to ask with Lufthansa having such a base in Shannon is there any future for Germanwings flying to Shannon. Or would the competition be too strong with Ryanair

Definitely a potential for them to come into the Shannon market. You'd kind of hope they would fly a route to like Düsseldorf (main airport) or Frankfurt to avoid any potential competition..No doubt if they introduced a Cologne route Ryanair would do the same.

A cologne route was under serious consideration but it fell through.

I'd imagine there would be no new German Wings routes until it's rebranded. Hopefully Summer 16 if the rebranding plans go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope these rumours eventually come through. Missus lives in Cologne so a route from shannon to any of frankfurt, Cologne or dusseldorf would be much appreciated.

Hope these rumours eventually come through. Missus lives in Cologne so a route from shannon to any of frankfurt, Cologne or dusseldorf would be much appreciated.

Sure ... SNN have 2 German flights as it stands. Can't see where ye getting the demand for a 3rd.

Masala wrote: »
    Sure ... SNN have 2 German flights as it stands. Can't see where ye getting the demand for a 3rd.

The 2 German flights fill very well. Berlin near full through the winter.

I'd say there's more demand there.

The 2 German flights fill very well. Berlin near full through the winter.

I'd say there's more demand there.

Don't know about that. HHN dropped from NOC. Kerry HHN down to 2 per week
    NOC lost the Luftansa Düsseldorf... Rebranded to Cologne with German wings and lost that as well. Can't see 3 going into SNN.... There will be a price war

• Advertisement

KIR-HHN is 4x weekly in summer?

Advertisement