Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

To the best of ny knowledge cork didnt have Marsielle route.

I still think the potential for a Shannon Paris route is there. Would be a lot of passengers not just business passengers but between sporting event educational purposes as well as leisurely travel wkend breaks/Euro Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Tiernster7

I didnt mean Cork had Marseille, I meant that as Bordeaux is also dropped it could be a wider issue in France.

Bordeaux is only ever summer from cork from my time there

I believe it was winter as well last year (maybe the first time)

I agree with you re Paris. I hope this performs well quickly and we see the route expanded to the rest of winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

CDG has an 0710 departure so operating with the other A321neo. So if the will is there.....

• Advertisement

Press release about the service. Just a stock PR exercise but you would wonder if they have future plans with the tone of it.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/1179912/aer-lingus-to-resume-flights-between-shannon-and-paris.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

No mention of the world cup and coincides with the end of summer 23.

I'd be cautiously optimistic

Long may this trend continue

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0607/1387825-shannon-airport-passenger-numbers/

Marseille available for next winter now twice weekly! Can't see any other changes ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

I wish AA would bring back the PHL route, I know they don't really have an aircraft that's right for the mission yet but it was seriously handy to have.

• Advertisement

Big pull back from Ryanair for next winter in UK from previously bookable flights. I'd estimate at least 6 dropped from previous schedule.

That I can see

Stansted 14 to 12

Edinburgh 4 to 3

Birmingham 4 to 3

Manchester 5 to 3

Newcastle 3 to 2

Post edited by Tiernster7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jasper1422

Hi.

Just wondering would anyone have Promo code for parking? TKS4FLYSN not working.

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tried it myself yesterday. It may have expired.

Year round route to Paris confirmed by Aer Lingus, Twice Weekly!

Fantastic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

SNN - CDG has been announced. Twice weekly (Fri and Sun) running from 22 Sep 23 until 7 Jan 24 and then from 14 March 24 to 29 Oct 24.

It will use the A321LR, so it will be an early morning service.

That good news. Pitty it doesnt recommence early feb 2024 rather than march. Missing out on a decent travel period of valentines, mid term break, 6 nations etc but great news its back. Good for those who will want to take in Olympics next summer with competitors from mid west taking part

Agree with all that - EPCR too depending on order of fixtures, its great to see Aer lingus increasing their activity in Shannon once again though.

Nice to see things coming together again

Possibility that it may become more than bi weekly too. See they have the flight time that passengers from Paris can connect to aer lingus flight onwards to boston and newyork. For once ill praise aerlingus for their planning. A lot of americans use dublin as a connection to europe so good to shannon getting in on the action

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They're selling it as times that suit the connection, but they're using the same aircraft that flys between SNN and JFK, so they don't really have a choice with the timings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Flew on the Chicago route recently, flight jammed both ways, airport very busy heading out, long line for security! Never seen that before, but was still through within 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Good to hear that route was busy, I wasn't expecting high loads for it.

Thats good to hear and in more good news

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0725/1396373-shannon-airport-passenger-figures/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The JFK service stops for January/early February so perhaps that'll mean just one A321LR in service at Shannon and that'll be on the London Heathrow route?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Flew transatlantic from Shannon for the first time in over 10 years. Was a bit shocked to see that the departure lounge after pre-clearance still looks like something from the 1970s.

When you consider this is where the people who pay the most for flights have to wait to board the plane, you think a little TLC would have been on the cards years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

See you are not allowed use your brains there at all. that would be the smart thing to do.The bimbo is too busy giving herself a payrise & Charging her Q7 Electric Suv to care about fixing & upgrading the Airportfacilities

Yes there are parts of the airport once you pass security that could do with a facelift. Hopefully eith increasingflights and passengers that will flollow

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Hopefully the year in total will surpass 2 million pax and continue the upward momentum next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I see Aer Lingus' service to JFK returns on the 10th of February 2024, making the break only a month and 2 days, don't recall ever seeing it return so early before.

Was talking to someone earlier who flew in thursday on this service. While there was a few empty seats they said it was busy. They were hoping it stays for return trips back to the midlands. Their words i was out to the car for my from the plane before i knew it.

• Advertisement

You'd wonder is there any opportunity for SNN with the potential limit of night flights at DUB. I'm thinking of the 3 Ethiopian fuel stops at around 5am for example - typical type of traffic SNN would see, who knows why it's even going to Dublin in the first place!

Advertisement