Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

marno21 wrote: »
    Have another read, we're on the same page, that's what I said. :)

None/very little people currently flying United for business will fly Norwegian. It'll all be via Dublin mostly, and a few flying via LHR.

Sorry, I'm tired! Simply missed the difference between 'would' and "wouldn't"

And you'd be surprised how many will choose Heathrow, personally I find it a bit too long, however it doesn't seem bother many people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

JCX BXC wrote:
    And you'd be surprised how many will choose Heathrow, personally I find it a bit too long, however it doesn't seem bother many people!

The road to Dublin is even longer. LHR T2 is wonderful too (even though only use it p2p these days)

The road to Dublin is even longer. LHR T2 is wonderful too (even though only use it p2p these days)

I've never actually used T2 at Heathrow, however if I'm travelling with more than 1 other person, I'd probably go with the direct flight from DUB just for ease.

From a spotters perspective, I'd personally fly to LHR and on to EWR, alone, for personal enjoyment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

A video update on the runway upgrade
    https://youtu.be/dNRfwvIC5Ts

JCX BXC wrote:
    I've never actually used T2 at Heathrow, however if I'm travelling with more than 1 other person, I'd probably go with the direct flight from DUB just for ease. From a spotters perspective, I'd personally fly to LHR and on to EWR, alone, for personal enjoyment.

It's very pleasant. A far cry from the green mile at T1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Spotted in the independent. Syracuse Hancock International Airport has lobbied the Department of Transport to look at establishing flights between Ireland and upstate New York
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/new-york-state-airport-lobbies-for-flights-to-ireland-35948221.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is food before or after security better? I remember pub had good food prior to renovations?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is food before or after security better? I remember pub had good food prior to renovations?

After after after, you won't even get food before security!

There's two places to eat now after Security, thee Sheridan and Zest, both side by side.

Does the upstairs restaurant open anymore? I think Zest are taking that and the arrivals one over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does the upstairs restaurant open anymore? I think Zest are taking that and the arrivals one over

At the moment it's closed and boarded up, it's a shame really. The only place to get food before security is in the little cafe in arrivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

was on the lufthansa flight yesterday, no spare seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Deagol

was on the lufthansa flight yesterday, no spare seats

Great to hear, hopefully Lufthansa will look at running the flight longer and maybe adding routes.

Or maybe increasing frequency! 1pw is fairly poor, even with the long season.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

they make it all year round, they might even add a munich route buts that as far as they would go in terms of adding routescause from dublin they only fly to frankfurt and munich

they make it all year round, they might even add a munich route buts that as far as they would go in terms of adding routescause from dublin they only fly to frankfurt and munich

They have sister airlines too!

Thanks for food info, didn't realise upstairs cafe in arrivals is closed. Is the water fountain after security still on the go??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thanks for food info, didn't realise upstairs cafe in arrivals is closed. Is the water fountain after security still on the go??

Nope, a shop is your only water option in the airport. Unless you want to try the water from the sinks in the toilets.

Pity, that water fountain was handy thing to fill up the bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not so good news, May and June passenger traffic has declined by around 9,000 combined.
    May -1.1% (around 2,000)
    June -3.7% (around 7,000)

Earlier growth in 2017 has balanced out the drop a little, first 6 months of the year:
    2016 - 791 523
    2017 - 795 788

Not overly relevant but NOC dropped just over 1% in June while Cork grow by just over 1%. First 6 months NOC up by around 20,000 while Cork around 13,000.

Not looking good after September/October, with United to Newark and Berlin gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Not looking good afternoon September, with United to Newark and Berlin gone.

TBH I think growth at ORK, NOC and SNN may well stall or dip as we head into 2018.

DUB will likely slow more as well but continue to grow slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    Not looking good afternoon September, with United to Newark and Berlin gone.

TBH I think growth at ORK, NOC and SNN may well stall or dip as we head into 2018.

DUB will likely slow more as well but continue to grow slightly.
    Cork should be helped by the timing of the London City cancellation for the rest of the year. Up until June it was trying to make up around 7k a month on the lost LCY route. When you are looking at a YTD difference of 13k the LCY numbers are big. That pressure is off now.

Long awaited SAS service starts tomorrow

The airport are also looking for consultants to help make it a "challenger brand"
    https://fora.ie/shannon-airport-branding-3519656-Jul2017/

Boston flights cancelled yesterday with 757 sitting on stand

Boston flights cancelled yesterday with 757 sitting on stand

Aircraft was not sitting on stand, it was used for the outbound SNN-BOS and then inbound BOS-DUB flight. EI-CJX was sitting on stand however that was planned as JFK doesn't operate on Tuesday.

Only the inbound BOS-SNN* flight was cancelled.

Ah sorry, I did 1+1=3. Why did it do bos-dub? Surely it isn't big enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Shannon - Commercial Movements (IAA)

|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec|Total
    2015|1,253|1,026|1,277|1,454|1,725|2,169|2,058|1,728|1,780|1,645|1,283|1,312|18,710
    2016|1,222|1,128|1,390|1,488|1,807|2,031|2,032|1,834|1,839|1,698|1,353|1,327|19,149
    2017|1,291|1,215|1,429|1,446|1,776|1,975|||||||
    Change|+5.6%|+7.7%|+2.8%|-2.8%|-1.7%|-2.8%|||||||

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Ah sorry, I did 1+1=3. Why did it do bos-dub? Surely it isn't big enough?

Aer Lingus having significant fleet issues lately, the reason yesterday's flight was cancelled was that the hire in OMNI from Dublin actually went tech too!

It shows as a positive in my opinion that Shannon has, for the most part managed to maintain its entire schedule during these fleet issues with EI, shows that the routes must be doing quite well in the summer and be going out full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for June are out.

424226.png

Advertisement