Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did any of you bother with the cheap games in Tesco?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got Darksiders, Lost Planet 2, Army of 2, World Cup South africa and Riddick all for a fiver , Feel like i missed out on a lot though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Feel like i missed out on a lot though

But you didn't lose anything either. That's what I keep telling myself!

Look at it this way, a bargain is only a bargain if you really need or want the item. Otherwise it's just a nice incentive to get something

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Navan have a lot of games. Xbox ones are as you walk in the entrance to the right. Mostly €10 ones but a few €5 games.
    Up towards the DVDs there are two games clearance stands. One is full of wii and ps3 games and the other one is ds and ps3 games. Mostly €5 games.
    Some examples I remember
    Wii games.. Indiana jones,transformers,planet 51, keep fit active games.
    PS3 games.. Avatar,call of duty 2 modern warfare,blur,saw 2,lord of the rings,harry potter,Kane and lynch 2,assassins creed,iron man 2,street fighter 4,Michael Jackson experience,dj rap,devil may cry 4.
    Ds games..brain training,high school musical 3, camp rock,Michael Jackson,nintendogs,cooking ideas,quitting smoking game, harry potter.
    Xbox 360.. Forza 3, iron man 2, devil may cry hd collection, assassins creed revelations.
    There was so much more but that's all I can remember.
    I picked up..
    Transformers revenge of fallen ps3
    Dead island ps3
    Modern warfare 2 ps3
    Nintendogs ds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Do they have Nintendogs for the 3DS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do they have Nintendogs for the 3DS?

I dont remember seeing any 3ds games at all. My wife has a 3ds and if there was any 3ds games she would have looked herself. There was only 1 nintendogs left on ds after I got a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just started playing Enslaved this weekend. A really great game an amazing bargain at a fiver. If you see it, definitely pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I loved Enslaved. Enjoyable few hours for a fiver.

I'm trying to draw a line in the sand in terms of buying any more games because I'll never get through what I have at this stage but just wondering about two last games. Heavenly Sword and Red Faction Armageddon. Has anyone played either of them and are either of them worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I liked Heavenly Sword. From what I remember, there wasn't much to it as it came out within the first year of the PS3, but it was an enjoyable hack and slash action game.

Andy Serkis and a pre-Fringe Anna Torv are the main characters in it, mo-capped and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I really enjoyed Heavenly Sword. Combat is satisfying and the story sufficiently interesting.

Picked up Heavenly Sword in the end. When I went in the had one last copy of Dark Souls Limited Edition so I snapped it up. I'm going to keep one up with it's shrink wrap unopened and the other to play and flick through the artwork. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do people actually play Nintendogs? Seriously? It was an interesting tech demo when the DS was launched and touch screens were all new and interesting but now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just finished with Tesco.
    For reals this time.
    Got Dungeon Siege III and The Last Story for a fiver each an hour ago in Ashbourne.
    They have DJ Hero for the 360 and PS3, seems for a tenner each as well.

Advertisement