Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did any of you bother with the cheap games in Tesco?

Options

Comments

bodhi085 wrote: »
    Dead island riptide Xbox 👍

Will keep an eye out for it, no need to look for Saw 2 as Corholio grabbed it for me.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Picked up Saw II on PS3 for you there Darko.

Appreciate it man, pm me with your paypal and I'll sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I'll have a look for you in Kinnegad tomorrow.

Appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Will keep an eye out for it, no need to look for Saw 2 as Corholio grabbed it for me.

No problem. Glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Appreciate it man, pm me with your paypal and I'll sort you out.

Sent you a PM there Darko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

cloud493 wrote: »
    Appreciate it :)

Not good news I'm afraid. The only Wii stuff they had left was those karaoke type games and some other shovelware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Hitman absolution 10euro in Dun Loaghaire tesco. Nothing special left.

Not good news I'm afraid. The only Wii stuff they had left was those karaoke type games and some other shovelware.

Ah thats a shame. Thanks for looking though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Any games in tesco Navan in the clearance does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Clearwater seems to have been ransacked. Bayonetta on 360 looks to be the extent of their worthy titles left.

Scrabble on the DS for €3 too, if you're into quasi-shovelware with redundant AI and a campaign mode that is right-out ridiculous.
    Ridiculous in terms of said AI being borked, and even if you can't suss within the allotted time, the CPU gives you the answer regardless.

Edit: Oh, and sorry, the auld lad said they'd some Monster Hunter (Wii) going cheap too.

Had a look for the games people are looking for in Galway City but all they had was the same crap that's left everywhere else. I did however get the last Skylanders starter pack for PS3 which my little brother has been looking at for awhile now.

• Advertisement

Had a check in rathmines today, not much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Had a look for the games people are looking for in Galway City but all they had was the same crap that's left everywhere else. I did however get the last Skylanders starter pack for PS3 which my little brother has been looking at for awhile now.

Oh anything of worth there like Dark Souls LE for instance or anything else!?

Was going to check after work but this might save me a trip!

ripperman wrote: »
    Oh anything of worth there like Dark Souls LE for instance or anything else!?

Was going to check after work but this might save me a trip!

Plenty of Dungeon Siege 3 and Duke Nukem but not a lot else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Might take a trek up to Tesco Cabra. I fear I may have left it to late tho. Probably be reefed out of it.

Tesco Metro in Rathmines, which has never sold games, has a little shelf by the entrance with games. Nothing of that much note. Punch Out (Wii), Animal Crossing (Wii) and Rhythm Paradise (DS) are all priced at 10. Priced fairly, but not especially bargains. The shelf, however, looked like it was heavily picked through.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Tesco Metro in Rathmines, which has never sold games, has a little shelf by the entrance with games. Nothing of that much note. Punch Out (Wii), Animal Crossing (Wii) and Rhythm Paradise (DS) are all priced at 10. Priced fairly, but not especially bargains. The shelf, however, looked like it was heavily picked through.

Sorry :pac:

Anything different there earlier?

I got 2 copies of ice age 3, 2 copies of monsters vs aliens for €20, sold them to cex for €40 credit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Scrabble on the DS for €3 too, if you're into quasi-shovelware with redundant AI and a campaign mode that is right-out ridiculous.
    Ridiculous in terms of said AI being borked, and even if you can't suss within the allotted time, the CPU gives you the answer regardless.
    The multiplayer is great fun though. Up to 4 players off the single cart, no need to get the board out, a timer if you want one, and no disputes between players as the built in dictionary won't let you play a made up word :p Well worth the €3 if you've access to multiple DSs.

I agree with you on the single player though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I went to Tesco Cabra tonight. Nothing, nada, zilch :(
    Only €5 game I saw was some disney Wii game. So if anyone is thinking about going there yourself... well don't :p

Like last time I was too late. booooo. booo I say! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy a few days ago from Tesco on West Street, Drogheda, but the stand is gone now. At the time, it was the only good game they had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Hit tesco in Dundrum today...slim pickings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I was out in Omni today and they had 4 stands of games. Got pokemon pearl for €5. Professer layton and the curious village for €3. Rabbids Go Home for €5 and animal crossing for €10.

Unrelated 25 chicken fillets for €19.99 in the shop next door :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just realised I have spent close to 70 on games in this sale.
    Picked up 4 more yesterday.
    None of which I needed.
    I can't look at myself in the mirror for being such a gullible eejit.
    And now I have to find the same money for Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8.
    Bugger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just realised I have spent close to 70 on games in this sale.
    Picked up 4 more yesterday.
    None of which I needed.
    I can't look at myself in the mirror for being such a gullible eejit.
    And now I have to find the same money for Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8.
    Bugger!

Spent over a hundred euros at this stage but I've got a fairly nice haul of games at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was so proud of myself for walking away from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and the 3DS Skylanders starter pack for a tenner not once but twice in the space of 12 hours. I've been a good boy. €20 saved! I deserve a reward. Oh look, Mario Golf just got released....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The only one I'm kicking myself over is Metroid Prime Trilogy. They go for a hefty fee online and it would have been a nice addition since I've never played them.

Is the GameCube version still worthy of a play?

It is, but the wii versions are far superior. Dem controls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The only one I'm kicking myself over is Metroid Prime Trilogy. They go for a hefty fee online and it would have been a nice addition since I've never played them.

Is the GameCube version still worthy of a play?

Yes, the GC versions are well worth playing, if only to represent how great they are in comparison to the bigger selling Halo titles on the Xbox.
    Sadly the PS2, while being a great console in it's own right, never had a FPS worth tying Metroid Primes shoe laces.

The Wii versions are definitive though, at least until Nintendo do the decent thing and make a HD version of the three.
    I'll be first in line!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

Super Street Fighter IV for 5 Euros.

Advertisement