Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

ED E wrote: »
    Dodgy camera work and corny graphics :pac:

Cant look at medical scans on an iPad btw.

and awkward reading of speeches from the autocue.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ro23 wrote: »
    and awkward reading of speeches from the autocue.

The green also makes em all look sickly. And Anne was losing her voice.

Eircom have just got their starting gun, time to take the 4(?) trial areas and run with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Hopefully those lucky users on boards would update/share the connection with us, whenever they get the hands on the goods!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

CE9gFdcWMAAuD2V.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

FFS, not only is Naas\Sallins\Johnstown not on the list of 10, the website has changed to Naas only instead of Naas\Sallins\Johnstown as it was originally, time to unfollow this tease

• Advertisement

Alright lads, time to pile up the tweets with the QS. GO GO GO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

bk wrote: »
    I guessed someone would ask that.

I sort of already did here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057315844&page=10

But I'd guess from Eircom about €56 to €60 for 150/30 and about €70 to €80 for 1Gb/s

Also probably a big install fee of about €200 or so.

Just guesstimates based on the published wholesale prices and how they compare to the FTTC wholesale/retail prices.
    Seems a little pricey to be honest, especially when you look at price/speed comparison to UPC, be it a different tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

PeadarB wrote: »
    CE9gFdcWMAAuD2V.png:large

What's the period of time for phase 1?

Liamario wrote: »
    What's the period of time for phase 1?

"Phase 1 to be completed by 2018"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

When it goes live in a town like Carlow or similar, how far out of the town will it be available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

it will be interesting to see what the retailers will call this service to differenciate it from what they currently brand as "Fibre" will they retail this as "Full Fibre" "100% Fibre"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Agh the tricks of the trade lol, the neighbours saying to each other yes i signed up, I can feel the sales delivery oozing out of that guy lmao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

[*]Ten towns – Cavan, Dundalk, Westport, Castlebar, Sligo, Carrigaline, Tralee, Navan, Letterkenny and Wexford – revealed as Ireland’s first Gigabit towns or "fibrehoods"

Typical, nothing in my area. :mad::mad::mad:

Invasion of the Sirons !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

ukoda wrote: »
      it will be interesting to see what the retailers will call this service to differenciate it from what they currently brand as "Fibre" will they retail this as "Full Fibre" "100% Fibre"

Fiber LightSpeed 4K. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

hallo dare wrote: »

[*]Ten towns – Cavan, Dundalk, Westport, Castlebar, Sligo, Carrigaline, Tralee, Navan, Letterkenny and Wexford – revealed as Ireland’s first Gigabit towns or "fibrehoods"

Typical, nothing in my area. :mad::mad::mad:
        Was that likely? Nothing in the vast majority of peoples areas as you have to start somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

Just tweeted to ask if they will have an initial install charge , looking at gafs in carrigaline as we speak .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The 10 towns make an interesting geographical spread. Pity Balbriggan wasn't one of the first. I suppose I could wait until 2018...but Eircom are rolling out instead so...looks like I'll have to stay on their network!

348738.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Could they not be a bit more specific in as far as what parts of the towns they are rolling this out or are they covering the parts of the towns eircom didn't reach with their Fibre?

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

dbit wrote: »
        Just tweeted to ask if they will have an initial install charge , looking at gafs in carrigaline as we speak .

Did they reply to you?

naughto wrote: »
        Did they reply to you?

nope it seems they are answering them live and putting them to the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

I cant wait for the day that rural broadband comes to places outside these towns. Very depressing seeing the same places on these things... Most of these places already have decent fiber! Greedy.... :P

chris_ie wrote: »
        I cant wait for the day that rural broadband comes to places outside these towns. Very depressing seeing the same places on these things... Most of these places already have decent fiber! Greedy.... :P

Not True many are living in the center of large towns with nothing more than adsl or adsl+2 , hopefully this lights a fire under Darkcoms arse.

Is that all? what happened to answering twitter questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All about sport....wha?

At least now we know what their cabs look like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

dbit wrote: »
        Not True many are living in the center of large towns with nothing more than adsl or adsl+2 , hopefully this lights a fire under Darkcoms arse.

Ah right, I thought quite a few were familiar. I know Letterkenny is one that already has decent broadband. But its good that there is the competition and improving speeds. I'm just bitter that I live 7k out of town :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How does one register their interest.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement