Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options
1259260261262263265»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

The ONT will normally only go offline if there is no signal from the ISP. However if the ONT goes offline and there is a signal then disconnect the unit from the mains for 30 seconds to reset it and this may resolve issues. If not then the unit may become defective and need to be replaced.

As for the outages mentioned these apply to all providers but normally at nght around 2-3am. If happening during the working day then follow up with your provider as to why.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

I'm really not up to date on how this works any more.

Online, when ordering from Vodafone, I don't see anywhere to give my UAN. I currently am using Sky. Does the Vodafone order automatically bring about the switch or do I have to cancel Sky myself separately?

Well this is what the website says but I'm not sure I can trust Vodafone in particular.

If you’re switching your broadband service from Sky to a new provider, rather than cancelling/ceasing your services completely, you can normally place your order without contacting Sky.

Okay, just in case anyone needs this information in future.

If you telephone Vodafone to make the order, they do take the UAN. They initially say that they make the switch with Sky but when later reading the order script they warn you to contact Sky to cancel yourself as some providers continue to charge.

I did call Sky and they seem very professional. They said that the billing would stop when the switch occurred and that I didn't need to call.

It was just so difficult trying to find a number to call to make the cancellation. So many numbers that Google threw up were dead and Sky's help function also leads you to a dead end. Eventually I got through on (0818) 904 172.

The way this industry operates is scandalous.

Post edited by EarWig on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

After a bit of a long running saga with Siro in Cork City, I got a phone call from a very nice build engineer this morning who told me that he'd had a look at my house yesterday & they had two options to run a connection. Seems I might have it in a month or two. This started in April 2019 when I got a letter in the door saying Siro was available & ended up in April 2022 when they told me it was impossible to connect my house.

Seems you really need to get hold of someone who's actually physically in the area, I sent an email to their buildsupport email address with a full list of my many interactions with them & that seemed to have move things along. Moral of the story, don't give up 🙂

• Advertisement

What was that build support email address please?

Thinking of getting the up to 500 Mb package. Says €30 a month for the first 6 months and then €40 a month for the remainder of the 12 month contract. How much is it then from month 13 when the contract has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

40euro a month after your contract ends. Vodafone no longer to a thereafter price, they are the first company in Ireland as far I know to do this. So it saves you having to ring up each year and they also give new and existing customers the same deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Effective from April 24 on the €40. So from April your €30 pm for 6 months becomes €30 plus CPI+3% of €40.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Vodafone no longer to a thereafter price, they are the first company in Ireland as far I know to do this.

Some smaller ISPs have had a "no price hike" policy from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m with Vodafone for Siro and their switch over process is a joke. The backend for this process is a company in India. I switched my phone from VM to Vodafone. VM we’re very good giving me the UAN which is your account number but Vodafone mugs insisted that it was short a few digits because they use a longer one. So the port wouldn’t happen. I had to get comreg involved to sort it out and once they rolled in, it was ported within 2 days.

Be aware if you contact comreg, there is a minimum period between lodging a compliant to your provider and the time you can contact comreg.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We've updated the database on our availability checker today.

The current database is based on SIROs rollout data from the 25. January. 2024.

Our SIRO coverage only includes the areas, we cover. So that would currently be Athlone, Ballinasloe, Blessington, Castleconnell, Clarecastle, Ennis, Galway, Limerick, Loughrea, Monasterevin, Nenagh, Oranmore, Portlaoise, Roscommon, Roscrea, Shannon, Sixmilebridge, Sligo, South Dublin (Carrickmines, Leopardstown, Newcastle, Saggart, Stepaside, Stillorgan) and Tullamore.

It can be found here: https://www.airwire.ie/avail

this is probably been asked before but here goes.

Siro shows 500mb broadband available to address for Sky.

if I put same eircode into skys website they tell me they can do 1GB to the home.

is it the same infrastructure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

The Siro site just seems to highlight one package per provider (presumably the deal the ISP wants to push). They should all offer the full 1Gb packages as well.

Advertisement