Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2013 [** RESULTS!! **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Very happy with those results and a big Thank you to Mr. E for organising the awards!

I'm not happy with sea shanties not winning best music :mad:

Putting this up in protest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not happy with sea shanties not winning best music :mad:

Putting this up in protest :D

Yessssssss was thinking the exact same!

Lowwwwww Laaaaaaaands awaaaaaaaay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Best RPG in no Kuni :/ I'm sorry but that games was so bland. Whoever voted for that go play fire emblem or bravely default.

Would have liked to have seen metal gear rising win something, I take it over last of us any day. It's just so much fun.

And poor jorji from papers please not winning best character is a travesty but considering how life just keeps dealing him a raw deal maybe an appropriate one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Best RPG in no Kuni :/ I'm sorry but that games was so bland. Whoever voted for that go play fire emblem or bravely default.

Would have liked to have seen metal gear rising win something, I take it over last of us any day. It's just so much fun.

And poor jorji from papers please not winning best character is a travesty but considering how life just keeps dealing him a raw deal maybe an appropriate one.

Jorji.png

"Is ok. I come back later with right votes"

Anyway no major complaints from me until i saw GTA Online win best overall online. I couldn't even play it the first month there was so many problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jorji.png

"Is ok. I come back later with right votes"

Anyway no major complaints from me until i saw GTA Online win best overall online. I couldn't even play it the first month there was so many problems.

Went back to it a few night ago , horrific stuff. Still no sign of the hiests they boasted about pre-launch either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Don't worry. He'll be back tomorrow, still with a genuine smile on his face, with an admirably ridiculous passport and several kilos of an illicit substance stashed under his shirt. The inevitable strip search will only strengthen his hardy resolve.

God bless, brave Jorji, God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Little bit surprised to see Trevor win best character but the biggest surprise for me has to be GTA Online.

I had it in my biggest disappointments of the year. Was unplayable for a few weeks and it's biggest feature still hasn't been implemented.

I'd agree I would have liked to see MGR in there and possibly Bioshock infinite for music

Anyway fair play as usual Mr.E!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Delighted Pokémon won two :D Doesn't feel surprising that the Xbox One's marketing campaign won the "WTF" award, and I'm happy that Papers Please won best indie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not enough AC IV! At least it won PS4 overall, not that it had much competition.

+1 for Shanties!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was there no nominations "XBOX One: Best Overall Game"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Diablo 3 and Metro: Last Light were the only nominees. Neither are out on the XBOne so were disqualified.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057130481

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr E wrote: »
    Diablo 3 and Metro: Last Light were the only nominees. Neither are out on the XBOne so were disqualified.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057130481

Wow, just shows what a crap launch it got in terms of games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Glad, and not surprised, to see The Last of Us winning. Happy to see XCOM get the recognition it deserves as well (at least on the pc). Absolutely fantastic game.

Cheers again to Mr E for doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wouldn't give Bioshock Infinite any gameplay awards obviously, but the story, world and characters (and ending!!) for me were excellent.

Sorry to see it didn't get anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dragons Crown deserved something as well but I guess it was up against too many other great games. Had a heap of fun with that game and now playing through it again in co-op with my girlfriend who loves it.

Advertisement