Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westwood Gym

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. Well I went back to a different fella in sales and he said the same thing that it was a Sept offer and I can't join for €31. I told him I would not pay more than this. There was no haggling he just said well I will tell you in the future of special offers etc. So maybe they have their membership quota for the year and have been told to try and get at least €125 joining fee? I told him I was looking to join immediately. So I reckon I will have to look elsewhere..silly people they are down €900 and as I normally stay in gyms for a number of years probably multiples of that.

Did you try all three Westwoods?

Sandymount are the easiest to deal with (based on my own experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

Fairview is the only one that would work for me unfortunately

Fairview is the only one that would work for me unfortunately

That doesn't make a difference.

You can join Sandymount and still only use Clontarf if you wish. It does not matter where you sign up, you can still use all three gyms.

My account is with Sandymount but I only use Clontarf. Reason? Sandymount only charged me €31 joining fee whereas Clontarf tried charging me €150 +

Only just noticed that this is my thread lol.

Completely forgot I had posted this!

ah know I get it!...I'm probably on file though cos I did the 4 day trial thing...might ring just to see what the joining fee is

• Advertisement

Lads I'm considering joining westwood, I obviously want to pay the least possible and don't want to be stung, so can anyone tell me what they're paying per month and what's the deal with the membership fee?

I'll be using it mostly for the pool and sometimes the free weights area, I'm not interested in classes or personal training, I'm a member of a small crossfit gym and will remain so.

I was going to join the nearest community gym, and may still do that, but the swim times are limited which is what's putting me off.

Have a look through this thread and you will see prices and fees, but basically it's 75 a month peak and they also want a sign on fee of at least 125 up to 499. IMO if you just want the pool this is a crazy amount of money to pay. Where are you based, there is bound to be a pool near....and just buy some kettle bells. If I joined I would be doing classes..the lot so might make sense but as you'll see in the thread I refuse to pay the 125 sign on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Lads I'm considering joining westwood, I obviously want to pay the least possible and don't want to be stung, so can anyone tell me what they're paying per month and what's the deal with the membership fee?

I'll be using it mostly for the pool and sometimes the free weights area, I'm not interested in classes or personal training, I'm a member of a small crossfit gym and will remain so.

I was going to join the nearest community gym, and may still do that, but the swim times are limited which is what's putting me off.

Would you be swimming at any particular time?

In Newpark you can swim 6.30 - 8.15 am most days. Monkstown have 7-8 and 9-10 for adults as well, afaik.

Would you be swimming at any particular time?

In Newpark you can swim 6.30 - 8.15 am most days. Monkstown have 7-8 and 9-10 for adults as well, afaik.

6am swims would be ideal for me, to be in work for 7.30. When I was originally going to join the DLR gyms I was thinking I could go to Monkstown for 6.30 for a 30 minute swim and straight into work for 7.30 but their first swim is at 7.15 and I wouldn't make it in from Loughlinstown. Loughlinstown doesn't have a deep end either. Monkstown I think does.

In the evening the 9pm swim suits me best and that's in all of their gyms. The weekends are particularly limited.

Westwood is handy because it's really close to home, and quite close to work, whereas Newpark is only close to work though I will look there as I wouldn't have even thought of it.

WW also have lessons included in their price, whereas they're extra in DLR.

Would Meadowbrook, over in Dundrum, be too far out? 6.30am start there.

• Advertisement

Yeh it's just that bit too far unfortunately I was there last week for a lesson and it's a really nice pool there with a lovely deep end (for a short arse like me :P). Pity!

The 40 Foot is open 24 hours :D

That's what the lessons are for Alf :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeh it's just that bit too far unfortunately I was there last week for a lesson and it's a really nice pool there with a lovely deep end (for a short arse like me :P). Pity!

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, how are the lessons over there? I don't know how to swim and was planning on getting lessons in Meadowbrook :o

BDJW wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, how are the lessons over there? I don't know how to swim and was planning on getting lessons in Meadowbrook :o

I've only been to Loughlinstown for two lessons, and so far so good. I went to meadowbrook with a boardsie who knows how to swim real good so can't comment on their lessons but I gather they're much the same.

Loughlinstown have drop in lessons, whereas in Monkstown you have to sign up for 5 weeks. I'm not sure which way meadowbrook have it set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've only been to Loughlinstown for two lessons, and so far so good. I went to meadowbrook with a boardsie who knows how to swim real good so can't comment on their lessons but I gather they're much the same.

Loughlinstown have drop in lessons, whereas in Monkstown you have to sign up for 5 weeks. I'm not sure which way meadowbrook have it set up.

Thanks! Will drop in over the weekend and have a chat with them about the lessons :)

Advertisement