Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

I have a dodgy 7 (Yoshida) - no West Ham or Hull players so delighted with result tonight.

GW29 is becoming a really interesting set up, will make you earn your crust.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »
    Is the replay not that weekend anyway ? Thought I read that somewhere
    Replay is next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Replay is next Monday
    Oh there Is hope yet so !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Replay is next Monday

So Hull - Cardiff is off next weekend?

God, this is giving me a headache...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So Hull - Cardiff is off next weekend?

God, this is giving me a headache...

Cant see why hull cardiff will be off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Cant see why hull cardiff will be off

The replay is Monday. Would they be expected to play on Sat and again on Mon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yes, not uncommon that teams get 1 day rest, just look a Europa league and Saturday games

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I bet both managers wished they played their strongest teams now ! Hull have Cardiff saturday . massive game. They may get beat on Monday yet !

not very common but happens over xmas. Utd chelsea also had an fa cup game on a monday last year after weekend league matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

What's the plan for anyone who still has a wildcard? Unload any City and United players over the next two weeks and use the WC for GW 31?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I'm not using a wildcard for just one extra match. I'd wait for the fixtures to be rescheuled before I use it.

There might be a Gameweek with 3 or 4 extra games on so I'll be waiting for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

One thing I've noticed is that Palace are the only team with a game GW29 AND a DGW to follow. The DGW will include a fixture away to Everton but it does add a bit of value to Palace players over other GW29 options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

bruce and brighton manager not to happy with replay date ha. making a good point as if across europe people will tune out of champs league to watch hull brighton. only reason there so much interest here cos it will affect fantasy football ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rosco79 wrote: »
    I have a dodgy 7 (Yoshida)

This is no time to be playing Countdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Midweek GW31 seems the most likely earliest week for rescheduled matches - no interference with European cups, allows 5 weeks notice for ticketing etc. and there is already the Man Utd v Man City game rescheduled for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Does anyone know when the West Ham V Hull fixture will be decided or off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

james123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the West Ham V Hull fixture will be decided or off ?
    Monday.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Monday.

so if Hull win on Monday then the West ham v hull fixture is off is that correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

james123 wrote: »
    so if Hull win on Monday then the West ham v hull fixture is off is that correct ?

Yes.

zarquon wrote: »
    Yes.

Nice one, thanks

• Advertisement

It hasn't been announced yet but sunderland will definetly have a double in gw 31 IMO. They need to reschedule 3 games now city and liverpool away and west brom at home. As city have a double that week it will either be liverpool or west brom that sunderland play the midweek. Everton have 2 games to reschedule newcastle away and Palace at home again I reckon one of these games will go ahead midweek of gw 31. I have to make a transfer this week as I have 2 ft's but really want to hold onto bardsley and baines due to the above. It also makes no sense to transfer out Kos this week. Its shaping up for the most boring transfer Ive ever made canas to jedinak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It hasn't been announced yet but sunderland will definetly have a double in gw 31 IMO. They need to reschedule 3 games now city and liverpool away and west brom at home. As city have a double that week it will either be liverpool or west brom that sunderland play the midweek. Everton have 2 games to reschedule newcastle away and Palace at home again I reckon one of these games will go ahead midweek of gw 31. I have to make a transfer this week as I have 2 ft's but really want to hold onto bardsley and baines due to the above. It also makes no sense to transfer out Kos this week. Its shaping up for the most boring transfer Ive ever made canas to jedinak.

Do you already have Noone? Same price and plays in gw29?

edit. Forgot so does jedinak

FHFC wrote: »
    Do you already have Noone? Same price and plays in gw29?

edit. Forgot so does jedinak

noone mightn't start with zaha and bellamy when he is back from his ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

noone mightn't start with zaha and bellamy when he is back from his ban.

Think he's safe enough ahead of Bellamy tbh. Famous last words....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Think he's safe enough ahead of Bellamy tbh. Famous last words....

If he doesn't start he should at least get on for a point which will do me.

All you can expect from the majority of these under 4.5 mids is 1-3 points.

Sturridge up by .3 this week. For those of us that had him prior to this week thats a nice advantage that so many people have used up a precious transfer this week on a player that has no game on gw 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Doing a bit of planning and am seriously considering doing Suarez to RVP for GW29 and then hanging onto him for DGW31. Is anyone else thinking of doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Doing a bit of planning and am seriously considering doing Suarez to RVP for GW29 and then hanging onto him for DGW31. Is anyone else thinking of doing this?

Would cost me at least 1.3 to get him back. Getting rid of RVP was free, so no is the answer. Why would you even consider this when you can get any MU player at no cost???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

wonski wrote: »
    Would cost me at least 1.3 to get him back. Getting rid of RVP was free, so no is the answer. Why would you even consider this when you can get any MU player at no cost???

Because he's the only consistent United player who's also capable of getting big scores. I'm not bothered by player values at this stage of the season. I'm focusing on the players that can get me the most points through a crucial period and if that means losing a million then so be it. I'd much rather have points on the board than money in the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Because he's the only consistent United player who's also capable of getting big scores. I'm not bothered by player values at this stage of the season. I'm focusing on the players that can get me the most points through a crucial period and if that means losing a million then so be it. I'd much rather have points on the board than money in the bank.

I would rather have Suarez than RVP tbh.
    What makes you think RVP will get you more points? Having Suarez AND RVP isn't a bad idea, but getting rid of:confused:
    Re: players value - if you can't get both RVP and Suarez you can't say you are not bothered with the value at all. Million is lot to most - if not all - of the players.

If you can't afford both and take a risk that's fine, but I won't buy the "don't care about a milion during the crucial period of the game" thing.

Advertisement