Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I thrive in absolute mayhem.

Bring it fcuking onnnnn!!!!

Couldn't agree more. I found last Wednesday night great craic.

Ya just got to roll with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I doubt that many casual players check two GWs ahead when making their transfers anyway tbh.
    No but there is a middleground between those who absolutely obsess over the game, and those who pay no attention at all, and those are the ones I'm more worried about as they're usually the ones around you in your money leagues. Well at least that is the case for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Shedite27 wrote: »
    GReat post, but still far too many mentions of the word "if" for my liking. BEst advice, bank this week's transfer and be ready for when it all clears itself up.

Thanks mate but regarding my post in question I think the biggest "if" is can the postponed games be rescheduled in midweeks where European games are planned ?
    If so, then all my analysis is rubbish. Otherwise I can start to prepare my team for this hectic period. Have already 2 FT this week so would not like to waste an opportunity to arrange my team the best possible way.
    roryc wrote: »
    Those results yesterday destroyed my team. Worst possible outcome, although I'm sure there's a few others in the same boat. F**king Arsenal! They just turned a big advantage into a big disadvantage. Left with just one defender (Ward) going into GW29, six players overall. Didn't want to have to use a transfer this week on Sagna when he has a home tie against Sunderland but looks like I've no choice now. Banked a transfer last week and it's a use it or lose it situation. Would be great if I could carry over and have 3 FT's next week!

So this week I'll bring in Azpil and hope they can hold Everton for a CS, then use my 2 FT's next week to dump Yaya and Zab. My plan of not doubling up on Chelsea defenders may be out the window, there are few other teams to choose from! Nolan looks like he'll be my Yaya replacement, Ozil was a possibility but not after last night. Oscar could be a decent shout. Would be looking at fielding 10 for GW29 in a 5-3-1 formation

I'm not sure GW 29 is the key GW though. Looking at the fixtures left which players can score big? United forwads? Many here have Mata. Can we afford RVP? Nolan? Lallana-J Rod-Lambert? Many here have a Chelsea def, Hazard and Ade which is not too bad for the Che-Tot game. Then what are the potential CS? Cardiff at home? Not so sure... 1 CS in their last 5 home games and they had a pretty handy calendar (I had praised it largely enough :rolleyes:...). Southampton away? The Norwich-Stoke game maybe? WH home? Chelsea?

I feel there's a huge emphasis given on how many players people will field for GW 29 but if you can field 11 you may be in trouble if GW31 is a huge DGW... Which could be the case since there is already one game rescheduled for that very GW.
    Site now updated to show the three missing games in GW29.

Think there's a mistake though since they have the Newcastle-Everton game still on...
    I doubt that many casual players check two GWs ahead when making their transfers anyway tbh.

Yeah but when you're in the top let's say 50k there're not many casual players left. Also I don't know about yours but at the top of my private league there's not a single casual players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

iroced wrote: »
    I feel there's a huge emphasis given on how many players people will field for GW 29 but if you can field 11 you may be in trouble if GW31 is a huge DGW... Which could be the case since there is already one game rescheduled for that very GW.

I'm gearing towards GW29 at the moment because my team is pretty much sorted for this weekend and next (Mata dropping to bench for GW28). As it stands I only have 6 players in GW29 so until more info comes out about DGW the focus needs to be on getting 10 starters for this!

For GW31 - I'm aiming to have Vidic, Mata, Yaya and Kompany for this week, but will obviously reassess as new fixtures get announced. Liverpool have a DGW, and I will have Suarez and Sturridge for this. I'll keep an eye on when this is rescheduled and may look at Skrtel. Everton's double is one to watch out for, I'll be holding on to Coleman but may get Mirallas in. Also, I'm holding onto Mannone and Colback, although I likely won't play the latter. Johnson is definitely on my radar for Sunderland's doubles.

Either way, preparation for the double game weeks shouldn't start until after GW29 when we should have a lot more information. It's not a problem to be focusing on GW29 at the moment, I'm hoping that a lot of amateur/casual players take hits thinking they have to field 11 players. Or even better, get rid of some of their big players (Suarez, Sturridge etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Johnson to Lallana this week, Yaya and Kolorov to Nolan and Terry or Ivanovic for GW 28 (with banked transfer) and then bank another another transfer for GW 30 which will set me up to bring some Double GW coverage for GW 31, potentially Yaya and Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Thanks mate but regarding my post in question I think the biggest "if" is can the postponed games be rescheduled in midweeks where European games are planned ?

This is the major issue. The total fpl article is a bit misleading in that you may read that and think that all games were rescheduled without considering european games. In the 2011/2012 season the league games postponed for FA cup quarter final were rescheduled for the midweek of that particular gameweek however there was no CL on that midweek so we are not comparing like with like. The games postponed for the fa cup semi final that year were not rescheduled until a non CL midweek
    A liverpool everton game in the 2012 season postponed due to liverpool playing in the carling cup final was rescheduled for a tuesday night that clashed with a CL night however crucially perhaps there was no english team involved that night. There was also complaints from uefa about this.

No game was rearranged last year to clash with a CL night but I think this year it may be unavoidable. If city or sundeland win their Fa cup QF thats another game that has to be refixed giving both of them 4 games to rearrange when their are only 3 non CL gws 31,34 and 37. Meaning a game will have to clash with a CL night or one of those teams will face a triple GW.
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/283099.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This is so complicated my poor head hurts.

Key for me is if they decide to reschedule New v Eve, Liv v Sun and Wham v Hull to be within GW29 (best case scenario)

Likely for the last but less likely for the first two given that they are TV matches.

Ignoring free transfers -for GW 29 I will have 7 players worst case scenario.
    I will have 12 best case scenario.

So best plan for me is to sit on my hands and do nothing until the dust settles and those three matches get rescheduled. Bank this weeks transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

need brighton to win tonite so hull wham game goes ahead

Someone did mention on the BBC Matchday Stream the other day that games cannot be rescheduled for CL nights. Unsure if thats a FIFA rule or just hasn't happened before. As busts says above it may be unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Liverpool/Sunderland and Newcastle/Everton games are still a bit of a conundrum,they could be replayed midweek GW29 but to accommodate TV thats unlikely... Bring back the days of one game a week on the BEEB!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chester on the bench for hull yeeessssssss :-D now I really want them to lose !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Chester on the bench for hull yeeessssssss :-D now I really want them to lose !

That is good news. He's down to 3.8 last time I checked. However I want them to win tonight so I can get him back in for a DGW.

FHFC wrote: »
    That is good news. He's down to 3.8 last time I checked. However I want them to win tonight so I can get him back in for a DGW.

Might bring him in for Mert if they do lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brighton 1 up, so far so good.

Haha Hull losing tonight would be the icing on the cake of bad FA Cup results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I would really like Hull to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

What a miss to make it two nil!

Need a hull win but it's hilarious nonetheless the chaos it will cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

roryc wrote: »
    Haha Hull losing tonight would be the icing on the cake of bad FA Cup results.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Really want Hull to go through, mainly to give everyone who loaded up on West Ham defenders a headache. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just looked at GW29, oh my sweet lord. Have two transfers, but going to be saving one till then me thinks. Currently looking like only having 8 to 9 players so far, but obvoiulsy dont want to ship out to many players either as there has to be a BIG double GW coming up, other than the one were Utd and City are currently scheduled to play twice.

I wonder if GW29 deserves its own thread already.

• Advertisement

I would really like Hull to lose.

Hull losing will give me 9 players for GW29. Come on Brighton!

Hull losing will give me 9 players for GW29. Come on Brighton!

Pulls me up to eight, I think. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Adrian, Collins and Chester riding on this game so Brighton better hold out.

Hoooolllllllddddddddd

One all :(

No goalkeeper for me. Yay. And back down to 7 players I go. Oh joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Dammit Sagbo, there goes the masterplan of bringing in Adrian and Collins for gw29

I now have no defenders for it. None =-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

5 players for GW 29 if Hull win the replay. ****. Can only get up to 8.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    5 players for GW 29 if Hull win the replay. ****. Can only get up to 8.
    Is the replay not that weekend anyway ? Thought I read that somewhere

Advertisement