Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

wonski wrote: »
    I would rather have Suarez than RVP tbh.
    What makes you think RVP will get you more points? Having Suarez AND RVP isn't a bad idea, but getting rid of:confused:
    Re: players value - if you can't get both RVP and Suarez you can't say you are not bothered with the value at all. Million is lot to most - if not all - of the players.

If you can't afford both and take a risk that's fine, but I won't buy the "don't care about a milion during the crucial period of the game" thing.

Between GWS 29-32, RVP has West Brom (a) Liverpool (h) West Ham (a) Man City (h). In the same period, Suarez has United (a) and Cardiff (a). I would be very shocked if RVP didn't outscore him in that spell. I could get them both by downgrading one of my mids but I'm fairly happy with them. Anyhow, just going through all the options at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Between GWS 29-32, RVP has West Brom (a) Liverpool (h) West Ham (a) Man City (h). In the same period, Suarez has United (a) and Cardiff (a). I would be very shocked if RVP didn't outscore him in that spell. I could get them both by downgrading one of my mids but I'm fairly happy with them. Anyhow, just going through all the options at the minute.

he also has Tot, harder fixtures but unless you at least have sturidge its crazy to think of selling of him, especially as is default cpt for most.
    He hasn't scored in 3 games or something but have faith over the rest of season he'll outscore anyone!
    I have both but will dump RVP for Aguero once he's back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There could be more double fixtures arranged for that period yet though.

Bit early to make these calls Imo....Liverpool could possibly have Cardiff and Sunderland in 29 if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Doing a bit of planning and am seriously considering doing Suarez to RVP for GW29 and then hanging onto him for DGW31. Is anyone else thinking of doing this?

If liverpool dont end up having a dgw 31 I'd be inclined to agree with you. You will be getting 4 rvp games over 2 suarez games in that period. Im looking at sturridge to rvp for the same period but Id be of the same opinion of yourself in that getting the most points each week is what matters at this stage even if it costs you 1 million to buy back suarez. Their will be lots of decisions like this to be made from gw 31 on hazard 7 games or yaya silva 10 games is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,825 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I have 12 fit players and two goalies for next game week so
    thats a transfer ill bank
    have 9 for the following disaster of a gw so should be able
    to field a full team
    that alone should mean green arrows surely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

hey guys, anyone know what gameweek Newcastle's missing game will be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

hey guys, anyone know what gameweek Newcastle's missing game will be played?
    Posted within 5mns of Remy scoring. I wonder that Sober Padddy is thinking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Posted within 5mns of Remy scoring. I wonder that Sober Padddy is thinking :D

not at all, just have krul

Couple of thoughts going round in my head re the upcoming games.

Was toying with swapping Kos for a second Chelsea defender. But as noted above when you look at 14 games vs 11 would that make Kompany a better choice for my expensive defender even though Chelsea will probably keep more clean sheets.

Then we have Sunderland with three DGWs too, but against Liverpool and ManCity are two of tthem and they're not going as well as they were. Is it really worth stocking up on them for those DGWs, especially their defenders. Maybe for the West Brom one. All depends on what the DGW schedule is I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'll be bringing in Kompany for GW31 to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

roryc wrote: »
    I'll be bringing in Kompany for GW31 to the end.

Same here as he rotation proof. Ideally i'll be looking to bring in Yaya, Aguero and Kompany but it could be tough squeezing all 3 in.

zarquon wrote: »
    Same here as he rotation proof. Ideally i'll be looking to bring in Yaya, Aguero and Kompany but it could be tough squeezing all 3 in.

Thinking I'll probably do the same. At least 2 of them in for GW31. Aguero, Suarez and Sturridge pretty much required strikeforce after GW29.

Although if Suarez doesn't buck up it might be tempting to hold onto RVP, but that's probably madness.

Just Kompany and Aguero for me. Yaya not as key when hes off pens etc. Wary of Aguero not playing every game though, didn't Pellegrini say he injured himself the second time because he played too much too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

FHFC wrote: »
    Thinking I'll probably do the same. At least 2 of them in for GW31. Aguero, Suarez and Sturridge pretty much required strikeforce after GW29.

Although if Suarez doesn't buck up it might be tempting to hold onto RVP, but that's probably madness.

I'm thinking of selling RVP this week to bring in Adebayor. Ade at home to Cardiff and RVP not playing.......... Ade is captain material this week

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of selling RVP this week to bring in Adebayor. Ade at home to Cardiff and RVP not playing.......... Ade is captain material this week

Thought about selling RVP but gonna bench him as he's one of very few captain options for GW29. Looks like he'll be gone for Aguero then for 30.

But then I have Ade so easy to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    Just Kompany and Aguero for me. Yaya not as key when hes off pens etc. Wary of Aguero not playing every game though, didn't Pellegrini say he injured himself the second time because he played too much too soon?

He played 90 min v Blackburn i think when they had the game wrapped up from the first leg. Being out of the CL will help his PL gametime but i would be wary of having him for the DGW,cannot see him playing both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    He played 90 min v Blackburn i think when they had the game wrapped up from the first leg. Being out of the CL will help his PL gametime but i would be wary of having him for the DGW,cannot see him playing both games.

He came on against Blackburn and scored. It was the cup game in the FA Cup where they went 2-0 down and he had to stay on for the 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'm finding it pretty hard to think of who to get in for gameweek 29.
    The issue is that none of the players really seem to jump out at me in terms of being desirable.

I'd like to get rid of Ibe (doesn't play anyway) and get Ince or Puncheon for him (I think Ince is more involved in attacks but Puncheon at least takes pens, or at least did before he got done with vandalising the international space station with his last one). One of those is probably the best bet due to their having a double game week later also, which is nice.

The other is either going to be Silva or Kos. Arsenal have some seriously horrible games coming up. Stoke, <BLANK>, Spurs, City, Chelsea, Everton. With only City at home. Getting a Chelsea defender in for him makes sense i think.

The other issue is i'd like to get rid of Silva. But there's noone in 29 i really want to get in for him. I almost think it'd be better to go a game without him and then have him for the double the next week after that. Though getting Mata would be tempting. I'll just convince myself that's what i'm going to do next week and then forget about it again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

I'm finding it pretty hard to think of who to get in for gameweek 29.
    The issue is that none of the players really seem to jump out at me in terms of being desirable.

I'd like to get rid of Ibe (doesn't play anyway) and get Ince or Puncheon for him (I think Ince is more involved in attacks but Puncheon at least takes pens, or at least did before he got done with vandalising the international space station with his last one). One of those is probably the best bet due to their having a double game week later also, which is nice.

The other is either going to be Silva or Kos. Arsenal have some seriously horrible games coming up. Stoke, <BLANK>, Spurs, City, Chelsea, Everton. With only City at home. Getting a Chelsea defender in for him makes sense i think.

The other issue is i'd like to get rid of Silva. But there's noone in 29 i really want to get in for him. I almost think it'd be better to go a game without him and then have him for the double the next week after that. Though getting Mata would be tempting. I'll just convince myself that's what i'm going to do next week and then forget about it again next week.

Ibe is playing for Birmingham, went out on loan, Silva has 2 weeks off now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Steven81 wrote: »
    Ibe is playing for Birmingham, went out on loan, Silva has 2 weeks off now

I know, Ibe's loan made no difference to me as the only reason I had him in was financial reasons. I can manage without Silva this week. I just don't know who to get in for him next week (i'll probably delay on the Ibe transfer if Silva is going to drop in value this week though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

For a defensive option, Norwich have a pretty good run coming up. I'm thinking of getting in one of theirs to free funds for Aguero.

Speaking of Norwich defensive options does anyone know if Ryan Bennett will get his place back when he returns from injury or who's been playing in his absence? I think he's due back for Villa game, would be a big boost for me if he started it. Either that or I'll replace him with Olsson.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Speaking of Norwich defensive options does anyone know if Ryan Bennett will get his place back when he returns from injury or who's been playing in his absence? I think he's due back for Villa game, would be a big boost for me if he started it. Either that or I'll replace him with Olsson.

I don't know what will happen. I have Bennett myself right now, which has been a disaster for me due to that injury. Hughton said last Friday that Bennett should be fit for Villa this week but whether he'll dislodge Yobo who came in Jan is another story. Turner is at least 2 more weeks away going by last Friday. Olsson is almost nailed on if you can afford to make the transfer, I'm looking at that move myself.

I'd wait and see what Hughton says on Friday, he's normally straight up with the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hull have just beat Brighton, suppose this means one game less now for GW29, kinda glad I held off on bringing in Nolan.

73% increase today so far on Total. They are going to feel so sick after this.

Premier League just tweeted that West Ham v Hull will now be played on Weds 26 March which will be part of GW31.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Premier League just tweeted that West Ham v Hull will now be played on Weds 26 March which will be part of GW31.
    Ooohhhh…....interesting.! Hope a few more fixtures are confirmed soon.

That's pretty annoying tbh. Would have preferred Nolan's game to be rescheduled a bit later, and when they don't have United!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm looking at this for GW29:

No keeper
    Ivan Terry Ward
    Mata Noone Lallana Hazard
    Ade

8 players at the minute. I'll be going Yaya to someone and Mert to someone to allow me to field ten.

So what are the chances that the Everton vs Newcastle/Palace game and Sunderland vs Liverpool/West Brom game will also be rescheduled for GW31? Seems to be the week of choice now.

• Advertisement

Should be able to field 9 for 29 with no hits. Would it be silly to take a hit to double up on Chelsea defence just for that week? Have Azpi but tempted by Terry/Ivanovic.

Advertisement