Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Just lost Suarez so far. Well, Sterling too but he tends to just occupy bench space. That's graaaaaand so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So...

Cardiff, Sunderland, villa, Liverpool and city blanks in gw29... Should city see the next 15 mins through

Am I missing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Down Mannone, Colback, Suarez, Sturridge, Yaya and Zabaleta. Could conceivably also be down Sagna, Mert and Coleman tomorrow! Hopefully Liverpool can do a repeat of last week and Everton can get past Swans. Need both results to go my way though!
    Trilla wrote: »
    So...

Cardiff, Sunderland, villa, Liverpool and city blanks in gw29... Should city see the next 15 mins through

Am I missing anything?

Cardiff don't have a blank, they lost today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Villa as well? Ah shiiite. At this rate I won't have a team to play. XD

Down: Mannone, Adrian, Suarez, Sterling, Yaya, Benteke, and Dzeko. Then also maybe Kosc and Coleman, depending. Excellent...

Who needs players anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Villa as well? Ah shiiite. At this rate I won't have a team to play. XD

Down: Mannone, Adrian, Suarez, Sterling, Yaya, Benteke, and Dzeko. Then also maybe Kosc and Coleman, depending. Excellent...

Who needs players anyway?

You're not down Adrian yet. In fairness though, we need Brighton to beat Hull Monday night to save him.

Down: Suarez, Sturridge, Yaya, Mannone.
    Available: Terry, Ivanovic, Ward, Lallana, Hazard, Ade, Noone, Mata.
    To be decided: Adrian, Coleman, Mert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Crap, I'm down 5 already. Still have a wildcard but don't know when best to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Hard to know what transfer(s) to make for that week. Definitely getting rid of Ibe as he wouldn't play anyways (have a budget of 9.7 so any player other than Mata is affordable).
    I really need Everton to win tomorrow, arsenal win'd be nice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

I presume we will know the whole story tomorrow about who will be giving that week a skip. Whatever happens it will be a struggle

robocode wrote: »
    Crap, I'm down 5 already. Still have a wildcard but don't know when best to play it

Might be better to hold on for a big DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brighton have won their last 4 home games...hope they make it 5 on Monday night.

• Advertisement

Brighton have won their last 4 home games...hope they make it 5 on Monday night.

That would be super. Would leave me with 8 guaranteed plus Adrian as nine. Then I'd just need to ship out Mert and Yaya (which I'm happy to do) and I'd have 11 plus be able to save a transfer for future DGWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shaping up very nicely for me, gambles have been paying off lately and now I'm just left with 2 on the bench as it stands (Silva and Sturridge) and no Arsenal or Everton players.
    Still think I want Arsenal to play in GW 29 (win tomorrow) as it'd mean less exposure to their DGW.
    As it stands I should be able to go without hits and carry a FT after GW 30. Thinking about letting Silva go for the 2 GWs he misses to strengthen team for those two weeks.... It'll cost me 4 points down the line but may be worth it.

PARlance wrote: »
    Shaping up very nicely for me, gambles have been paying off lately and now I'm just left with 2 on the bench as it stands (Silva and Sturridge) and no Arsenal or Everton players.
    Still think I want Arsenal to play in GW 29 (win tomorrow) as it'd mean less exposure to their DGW.
    As it stands I should be able to go without hits and carry a FT after GW 30. Thinking about letting Silva go for the 2 GWs he misses to strengthen team for those two weeks.... It'll cost me 4 points down the line but may be worth it.

For Arsenal to play in GW29 they need to lose tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No Suarez:eek: Gambles paying off, indeed. He is due few goals next week;)
    Apart from being heavily loaded with Liverpool players i should be fine. 1 Everton player, 1 City player, 2 Sunderland players on the way out - one of which is bench warmer anyway.
    Bit of planning needed as i want some of the players back soon, but this applies to every player really.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

wonski wrote: »
    Apart from being heavily loaded with Liverpool players i should be fine. 1 Everton player, 1 City player, 2 Sunderland players on the way out - one of which is bench warmer anyway.
    Bit of planning needed as i want some of the players back soon, but this applies to every player really.
    That's the danger. Getting rid of loads of players who then have DGWs. Hopefully they won't be too soon after (barring city utd)

But with City still in 4 competitions rotation becomes a nightmare. I wouldn't want to be captaining Yaya or Negredo only to see them being rested in one of the games, which is highly likely. I'll be holding on to Mannone as they will have 2 DGW's and keepers are good for points, even if one of the games is against City. Colback could get the chop this week, its unlikely he would return more than 4 points in a DGW so I probably wouldn't even play him ahead of any of my front 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

roryc wrote: »
    But with City still in 4 competitions rotation becomes a nightmare. I wouldn't want to be captaining Yaya or Negredo only to see them being rested in one of the games, which is highly likely. I'll be holding on to Mannone as they will have 2 DGW's and keepers are good for points, even if one of the games is against City. Colback could get the chop this week, its unlikely he would return more than 4 points in a DGW so I probably wouldn't even play him ahead of any of my front 7.

I would say kompany and yaya are pretty rotation proof for City. I will shift Yaya after next week but bring him back by GW31 and kompany will follow suit.

km79 wrote: »
    That's the danger. Getting rid of loads of players who then have DGWs. Hopefully they won't be too soon after (barring city utd)

I just posted on the General thread. Aguero back in training and will at least make the bench for next weekend. There was even mention of him making the bench for the Barca game.

City have 3 non PL games, then GW30 and then in 31 he'd have a double. Definite food for thought.

zarquon wrote: »
    I would say kompany and yaya are pretty rotation proof for City. I will shift Yaya after next week but bring him back by GW31 and kompany will follow suit.

I'd include Aguero in this when fit. When fit is the big part though.

With him, Nasri and Jovetic coming back, City are very formidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    I just posted on the General thread. Aguero back in training and will at least make the bench for next weekend. There was even mention of him making the bench for the Barca game.

City have 3 non PL games, then GW30 and then in 31 he'd have a double. Definite food for thought.
    Had planned on shifting out rvp for ade gw 28 then upgrading Benteke to aguero gw 30. But now benteke has a blank gw29.......

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Had planned on shifting out rvp for ade gw 28 then upgrading Benteke to aguero gw 30. But now benteke has a blank gw29.......

Ade is in some form though. 8 goals and 2 assists in ten. That's great value for his price.

It was a calculated gamble in fairness, I had been keeping my eye on their (S&S) returns in fairness and I'm glad I read it right...for the time being!!! So ya, it still deserves an :eek: ;)
    I was gonna bring back Suarez again if they had a GW29 game as I was getting nervous that he might explode soon, he can wait till afterwards now.

Working on my transfers for the next 4 weeks and it's becoming evident I really need Arsenal to play in GW29.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Missing Sturridge, Suarez and Colback so far.

Opponents teams are currently in bits.

roryc wrote: »

I may have to consider that li... Nasri..., he could get a lot of PL game time seeing as he is pretty fresh and may not play (or get limited game-time) in the big CL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just checked back the status page on the FPL website and ~1k transfers in for Sturridge made in last few hours. Some prices movement will happen over next days...

Just checked back the status page on the FPL website and ~1k transfers in for Sturridge made in last few hours. Some prices movement will happen over next days...

Ara sure why not, he only could get injured before his next GW and then he has no game the following GW.

Ara sure why not, he only could get injured before his next GW and then he has no game the following GW.

He has two games before he misses a GW, 27 and 28. He misses 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Can any one update the final list of games that would be called off for GW 29. .

• Advertisement

The full list:

West Brom v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Crystal Palace v Southampton
    Man City v Aston Villa
    Norwich v Stoke City
    West Ham v Hull City
    Chelsea v Tottenham
    Newcastle v Everton