Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm rooting for the opposite. Team is nicely set up for a City win and that'd be the biggest differential. Down to one City now, and am doubled up on Chelsea defence... And one of them being Cech.

Don't even know my sub keepers name, so I'm sure he ain't starting :)

I have one City and two Chelsea. A City win would suit me because I'll lose alot if I transferred out Terry or Hazard. I bought Yaya at his high price so can swap him in and out easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have one City and two Chelsea. A City win would suit me because I'll lose alot if I transferred out Terry or Hazard. I bought Yaya at his high price so can swap him in and out easily.

Same as. Have no City but will be bringing in silva this week. Lot of value tied up in Hazard so would bench him but could swap out Azpil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I'm confused

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm confused

Don't be he is the man:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm starting to get a premonition that The Special One will not care much about the FA Cup and may be only to happy if City stay tied up in it while he make Chelsea into genuine title contenders in the background.

Double blank for City would really sort the men from the boys FPL wise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

even if city have 2 games in a gameweek the tinkering that will go on especially if they are still in champs league

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Possible tube strike midweek next week could affect arsenal v man utd and Fulham v Liverpool.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

KevIRL wrote: »
    Possible tube strike midweek next week could affect arsenal v man utd and Fulham v Liverpool.....

Looks like my intended transfer in of RVP could just end up a one week punt!!

That'd see me down Mert, Mata, Sturridge and Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    That'd see me down Mert, Mata, Sturridge and Suarez.

Flanagan, sagna, cazorla, mata, rvp and suarez for me.

Eeek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mig is my only keeper so Liverpool missing a game screws me up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Well someone better start negotiating, just give them what they want and get these games going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just wondering if there was a source for this, not the possible strike, but the fact that the games could be cancelled?

There seems to be plenty of articles saying that the Arsenal game will go ahead and I haven't found anywhere saying it's likely to lead to a cancellation of the game:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-vs-manchester-united-clash-3114187
    Arsenal don't see a reason for it to be cancelled, plenty of notice and alternatives available to fans.
    I'm guessing TV money will come into it too, adding to the pressure to go ahead.

PARlance wrote: »
    Just wondering if there was a source for this, not the possible strike, but the fact that the games could be cancelled?

There seems to be plenty of articles saying that the Arsenal game will go ahead and I haven't found anywhere saying it's likely to lead to a cancellation of the game:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-vs-manchester-united-clash-3114187

Arsenal have cancelled a game before for this but it seems highly unlikely its going to happen this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »

And that article was from Dec 19th (a week before the game) so that goes against the "plenty of notice" argument that I had.
    Hopefully the fact that that game was a Boxing Day game, public holiday, reduced travel outside of a normal day etc was big factor in it.

And also the fact that Arsenal are seeming to be sending out positive vibes (albeit through a Daily Mirror article that isn't the best source) means that it's not going to be the case again.

TV coverage, money etc is probably a big factor in this one too... There probably wasn't the same pressure with regards Arsenal v West Ham on Boxing day last year, it probably wasn't due to be televised.

I couldn't care less about the Fulham Liverpool game, in fact I'd love that to be called off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Suarez Sterling Sturridge Rooney Mata Januz Kosi..i'll b doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

First playing and just read through this thread...my head hurts.

Thinking of my strategy for gw 28 I may just bench bardsley, silva and mata. Giving me 3 players that I'll own with an upcoming double. This may make more sense than offloading the players that dont play in gw28.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

To supplement busts post (=> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88676985&postcount=42) totalfpl published a diagram summarising the whole potential impact the FA Cup 5th round could have on GW 29:

gw29_facup-impact_zps79963732.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    To supplement busts post (=> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88676985&postcount=42) totalfpl published a diagram summarising the whole potential impact the FA Cup 5th round could have on GW 29:

gw29_facup-impact_zps79963732.png
    A Man City-Chelsea draw in their FA Cup match would probably mean blanks for both of them in GW29 since there are no available midweeks for them to have the replay (Champions League, Champions League, Internationals)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

i4rd04.png

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

From the looks of it if

Arsenal doesnt beat Liverpool and Southampton doesnt beat sunderland then my FPL season is over !!!

My team at present:

1 West Ham
    1 Sunderland
    3 Chelsea
    2 Liverpool
    1 City
    1 United
    1 Spurs
    1 Southampton
    1 Cardiff
    1 Arsenal
    1 Everton
    1 Palace

I'm fine for GW28 with just Mannone, Mata and Yaya missing. I can afford to take Yaya out anyway as I bought him at a high price and I'm hoping he'll also miss GW29.

I've a fairly good spread. My big hope, as I said above, is that City beat Chelsea. That would give me a huge advantage with three Chelsea players. Looking at my team, there are certain players I just can't afford to transfer out (Mannone, Terry, Coleman, Hazard, Lallana, Mata, Suarez, Ade and arguably Studge) because they'll be too hard to bring back in and I see transferring them out as being to the detriment of my team overall.

I think alot of people will also be in the same boat. Therefore I'll bring in two players guaranteed to play with my next two transfers but I'm not overly worried about what lies ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,853 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How do we feel about the likelihood of some of the FA Cup affected games being rearranged for the same GW? How long do we think we will have to wait to know? My current plan is to make no transfers in GW 27 followed by 3 in 28 (my 3 City players who I'm sure will have no game either week) bringing in players who have definite games for both weeks.

I'd like to think that by March 1st I will have a fairly good picture of the weeks ahead and how to manage them best to get the best of both blank GWs and DGWs.

I'm banking my transfer this week and will use my two free transfers next week in preparation for GW28 + GW29. Silly question and I think it's already been answered, but what happens if these games are a draw in 90 mins? Replays could be a killer here and could be as bad as both teams losing if it means they both miss GW29. If there are replays, when are they likely to be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,853 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »
    I'm banking my transfer this week and will use my two free transfers next week in preparation for GW28 + GW29. Silly question and I think it's already been answered, but what happens if these games are a draw in 90 mins? Replays could be a killer here and could be as bad as both teams losing if it means they both miss GW29. If there are replays, when are they likely to be played?
    I think it mostly becomes a more likely issue if the teams are in Europe. Arsenal v Liverpool and City v Chelsea would be key 1s in that respect and they're the 1s I fear a draw the most in.

The only thing though, is that GW 29 isn't something to be stressed immensely. We will all be in the same boat, it just becomes crucial to make sure the 3+ transfers we make from 7:30 PM tonight onwards give us that bit of an edge over the less prepared.

Nobody will field a full 11 that week, unless they have a wildcard to play when DGW comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Man City v Chelsea, Sheff Wed v Charlton, and Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest would be the only ones that couldn't have their replays Feb 25/26 and thus have to play them some other time. It could get complicated if one or more of them have to replay on March 8/9 and the team they draw for the 6th round has to sit out that week.
    It would be chaos if Man City v Chelsea went to replay, they were drawn against Liverpool, and Sunderland made the 6th round. It would mean Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool would all be blanks for GW29.

CSF wrote: »
    How do we feel about the likelihood of some of the FA Cup affected games being rearranged for the same GW? How long do we think we will have to wait to know? My current plan is to make no transfers in GW 27 followed by 3 in 28 (my 3 City players who I'm sure will have no game either week) bringing in players who have definite games for both weeks.

I'd like to think that by March 1st I will have a fairly good picture of the weeks ahead and how to manage them best to get the best of both blank GWs and DGWs.
    Going by last season it seems unlikely the league games will be rescheduled for the midweek due to cl games. GW 31, 34 and 37 seem most likely.

• Advertisement

City and Chelsea drawing would be a killer. Really need a Chelsea win...

Advertisement