Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If Sunderland go through that means Sunderland and West Brom have a blank in GW28 also right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8-10 wrote: »
    If Sunderland go through that means Sunderland and West Brom have a blank in GW28 also right?

correct thats off now aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

correct thats off now aswell.

I'll be missing Mannone, Yaya and Aguero that week so.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'll be missing Mannone, Yaya and Aguero that week so.

I'll be down 4. The week after gw 29 will be worse unless there are a few major cup shocks or big teams drawn against each other in the next round. Arsenal, chelsea, city, liverpool, everton, southampton and sunderland all still in the cup and with favourable draws.
    Although spurs are out they are due to play chelsea gw 29 so if chelsea make the quarters, spurs will also have no game.

I'll be down 4. The week after gw 29 will be worse unless there are a few major cup shocks or big teams drawn against each other in the next round. Arsenal, chelsea, city, liverpool, everton, southampton and sunderland all still in the cup and with favourable draws.
    Although spurs are out they are due to play chelsea gw 29 so if chelsea make the quarters, spurs will also have no game.

That's why I'm fairly happy my options are spread. Along with two players each from Chelsea and City, I've players from Sunderland, Arsenal, Everton, Palace, Hull, Newcastle, Saints, Spurs, Cardiff, United and Liverpool. That should spread my risk well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I need to try and get my head around these future minefield of games with the wildcard in play. Any plan I had for Adam Johnson is probably scrapped which is surely a blessing in disguise.

I had been thinking of up to 5 players between City, United and Sunderland though which may need to be reworked. A job for the morning.

That's why I'm fairly happy my options are spread. Along with two players each from Chelsea and City, I've players from Sunderland, Arsenal, Everton, Palace, Hull, Newcastle, Saints, Spurs, Cardiff, United and Liverpool. That should spread my risk well.

If you have 1 utd you will be missing 4 not 3 the previous GW.

If you have 1 utd you will be missing 4 not 3 the previous GW.

The United player is Januzaj. I don't expect to keep him. I just put him in to try and get a rise from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Long way off, but GW28 was one of those weeks that the Mannone/Marshall Collective (quite a few members on here I reckon), had planned on playing Mannone.

Sunderland won't have a game now that week (unless they lose to Kidderminster in FA Cup).

The alternative is that we now have to play Marshall away to Spurs that week.

On the plus, if it's refixed for GW30,31 or 32 there's an attractive double gameweek for Mannone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not bothered about keepers, haven't had a clean sheet in months and don't expect one either way. More than happy to play Marshall and then have Mannone for a DGW at some stage. Only other option is Boruc who faces Pool in GW28

• Advertisement

Had a look at how things are shaping up for gw 29 and dgws now that we have the 5th round draw.
    GW 29 fixtures
    WBA Man utd will go ahead
    Norwich Stoke will go ahead
    Arsenal swansea will be off if either team win their 5th round tie.
    Man City Villa will be off if city beat chelsea
    Cardiff Fulham will be off if either team win their 5th round tie.
    Chelsea Spurs will be off if Chelsea beat City
    Palace Southampton will be off if southampton beat sunderland.
    Liverpool sunderland will be off if either team win their 5th round tie.
    West ham Hull will be off if Hull win at brighton.
    Newcastle Everton will be off if everton beat swansea.

Fa Cup 5th rd draw
    Arsenal v liverpool, city v chelsea, everton v swansea, sunderland v southampton, cardiff v wigan, brighton v hull and fulham if they win their replay will be at home to forest/preston.

There will be atleast 3 games called off and could be up to 7 games called off depending on certain permuatations.
    Assuming the no PL games when there are CL games rule still applies, GW 31, 34 and 37 are the only potential DGW dates.
    The Fa Cup 5th round takes place after GW 26 the Fa cup 6th round is GW 29. Meaning we will only have 3 transfers to sort out this mess. I plan to carry a transfer into gw 27 to give me 4 transfers.
    Gw 28 utd, city, sunderland and wba miss out. City and sunderland could have a blank gw 28 and 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Had a look at how things are shaping up for gw 29 and dgws now that we have the 5th round draw.
    GW 29 fixtures

Fa Cup 5th rd draw
    Arsenal v liverpool, city v chelsea, everton v swansea, sunderland v southampton, cardiff v wigan, brighton v hull and fulham if they win their replay will be at home to forest/preston.

There will be atleast 3 games called off and could be up to 7 games called off depending on certain permuatations.
    Assuming the no PL games when there are CL games rule still applies, GW 31, 34 and 37 are the only potential DGW dates.
    The Fa Cup 5th round takes place after GW 26 the Fa cup 6th round is GW 29. Meaning we will only have 3 transfers to sort out this mess. I plan to carry a transfer into gw 27 to give me 4 transfers.
    Gw 28 utd, city, sunderland and wba miss out. City and sunderland could have a blank gw 28 and 29.

Looks like GW29 will be absolute carnage. As it stands right now the only teams that will definitely play in both GW28 and GW29 are Norwich and Stoke. I will bring in a Norwich defender with my active wildcard just to give me some comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

GW 29 fixtures

Fa Cup 5th rd draw

HOLY

MOTHER

OF

F*CK

!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There is no "PL games can't happen when CL games happen". That's just a thing teams do to maximise attendances (no point in having Stoke V West Brom when City/BArca is on TV). I reckon a lot of games will be refixed for the CL nights (so in the same gameweek).

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There is no "PL games can't happen when CL games happen". That's just a thing teams do to maximise attendances (no point in having Stoke V West Brom when City/BArca is on TV). I reckon a lot of games will be refixed for the CL nights (so in the same gameweek).

Didnt happen last year, look back at the fixtures and there was potential for chelsea being forced to have a triple gw at one stage until they were knocked out of the fa cup. Im pretty sure there is an agreement in place. Midweek league of ireland games take place on mondays a lot of the time to avoid this aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If I'm reading all that right Man U are now one of the safest 'big teams' as we know for certain they will have a blank in GW 28 only and have a decent fixture in GW 29 when its gonna be hard to field 11 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Didnt happen last year, look back at the fixtures and there was potential for chelsea being forced to have a triple gw at one stage until they were knocked out of the fa cup. Im pretty sure there is an agreement in place. Midweek league of ireland games take place on mondays a lot of the time to avoid this aswell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2125083/Premier-League-refuse-sign-UEFA-Champions-League-clashes-deal.html .

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Ye I remember someone posted that exact article last year and the games still werent refixed for CL nights.
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2012-2013/results/2013_05.html
    Gw 29 was 6th rd fa cup last year 6 games went ahead. 4 games called off werent refixed till midweek gw 33. Gw 33 was fa cup semi final weekend 3 games called off for that, and they werent refixed till gw 36. There was no cl on midweek of gw 33 and 36 of last year. Im assuming the same will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

United city moved to 25th march
    Dgw 31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

km79 wrote: »
    United city moved to 25th march
    Dgw 31

Week 31 fixtures
    22nd March Man City vs Fulham 3pm
    22nd March West Ham vs Man Utd 5.30pm
    25th March Man Utd vs Man City 7.45pm

• Advertisement

So does it look like most rescheduled games will move to GW 31?

Can't wait for this carnage :)

roryc wrote: »
    So does it look like most rescheduled games will move to GW 31?

Can't wait for this carnage :)

ye Id say all the teams that have games refixed because of fa cup quarter finals gw 29 will be fixed for gw 31 as there are no CL games that midweek. Its going to be tougher than usual as we only have 2 gws to get ready for the doubles. Possibly as few as 8 teams playing gw 29 and maybe 12 teams having a double gw 31:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,854 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That will be the time of year where I expect to make some serious gains on my opponents in the Private leagues who usually tend to take these things 1 week at a time.

What teams are safe for both GWs? I've heard Notwich mentioned. Any others?

What teams are safe for both GWs? I've heard Notwich mentioned. Any others?
    stoke is another one

stoke is another one

What about West Ham?

What about West Ham?
    my post on the previous page explains all the permutations. Stoke and norwich are the only two guaranteed. West ham will be off if hull win at brighton.

Good work Busts, those permutations are great. I was going to work out the most likely scenarios based on bookies odds but haven't had the time. The main tie for me looks like City v Chelsea in FA Cup. Need Chelsea to win!

Good work Busts, those permutations are great. I was going to work out the most likely scenarios based on bookies odds but haven't had the time. The main tie for me looks like City v Chelsea in FA Cup. Need Chelsea to win!
    Ye its all on the assumption that games wont be refixed for midweek gw 29 due to their being CL games on then. Last year no PL games were refixed for when Cl midweek games were on so hoping the same happens again. It will give all us lads the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm rooting for the opposite. Team is nicely set up for a City win and that'd be the biggest differential. Down to one City now, and am doubled up on Chelsea defence... And one of them being Cech.

Don't even know my sub keepers name, so I'm sure he ain't starting :)

Advertisement