Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Tried the YellowBelly Duality pale stout last night. It was undrinkable. Tasted like you took a sip from the ash tray bottle at a party. It's such a pity as their pale stout was delicious at the RDS last year.

Also tried the Yeastie Boys Digital IPA which I enjoyed. And some White Hag The Púca, which was delicious while sitting in the sun. Just a nice light sourness but not overwhelming

Has anyone tried the new O'Haras range?.

There's a white ale and a new Hop adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Has anyone tried the new O'Haras range?.

There's a white ale and a new Hop adventure.

Gave my take on the white last weekend here.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭billie holiday

Dungarvan brewing Co.
    Helvick Gold Irish Blonde Ale
    It hits the spot for me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Two new German beers over the last few days for me. Weihenstephaner kristall weissbier and Schneider Weisse tap 7. Both gorgeous, especially in this weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Black's Discovery Series : Mosaic IPA and Overkill Imperial Black IPA.

The Mosaic is great. Not mad about the Overkill. It's OK but a bit weirdly bland: you'd never think it was a 9.5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Also had Black's Discovery Series : Mosaic IPA and Overkill Imperial Black IPA.
    I thought the Mosaic was nice enough but the BIPA was really good. Would recommend this as a a BIPA people should try if they hadn't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Looking forward to getting my hands on Dungarvan's Seaweed Saison which is due out this weekend. Loved it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

All Night Long, not bad at all and 5 for €10 is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Lagunitas Maximus : Tropical fruits major taste of mango and a hoppy finish. Its a very good beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Brew dog Jet Black Heart on draught, very nice but beaten into second place for today's pints by GBB's Solemn Black double black IPA. I'm not a big fan of double IPAs but I really loved this one.
    Suppin a Mandarina Bavaria now, it's not for me, a kind of orangey aftertaste that ruins it. Pity cause I liked the citra in this series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭4Ad

symbolic wrote: »
    I know its the beer thread.... But I picked up a an Irish Craft Cider this evening because it seemed like the thing to do with the fantastic weather.

Orpens Fresh Pressed Apple Cider. I think it's fine but probably couldn't tell the difference between it and a bottle of Bulmers.

So was just wondering are there any must have Irish Craft ciders?
    I was expecting apple pieces and everything in my glass. haha

Although in saying so, I'm not a big Cider drinker....so maybe I should just keep away and shut the hell up :)
    I had a bottle of Orpens cider last nite, lovely..I will definitely buy a few more !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Brew dog Jet Black Heart on draught, very nice but beaten into second place for today's pints by GBB's Solemn Black double black IPA. I'm not a big fan of double IPAs but I really loved this one.
    Suppin a Mandarina Bavaria now, it's not for me, a kind of orangey aftertaste that ruins it. Pity cause I liked the citra in this series

Can't say I'm a fan of Solemn Black. If found it quite unbalanced with the alcohol very prevailant.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Budweiser :-( all i have at home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

smurf492 wrote: »

Leave home , burn it to the ground and never look back
    :):)

Haha the bondholders wont let me... Some jack daniels may numb the pain :-)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

smurf492 wrote: »

Should have had a cup of tea instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Also had Black's Discovery Series : Mosaic IPA and Overkill Imperial Black IPA.
    I thought the Mosaic was nice enough but the BIPA was really good. Would recommend this as a a BIPA people should try if they hadn't before.

Agreed, I'm after following the overkill with the session 431. Not to mad on the 431, but that might be due to the lack of alcohol in it compared to the overkill.

The overkill hides the strength quite well, until you stand up that is but can't help but wonder is it a black IPA. Its lacking in hops, but feck me its good.
    Also at 2.90 a bottle, i think i might stock up on a few of them :D

smurf492 wrote:
    Haha the bondholders wont let me... Some jack daniels may numb the pain :-)...

Better than not much i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Whiplash Scaldy Porter. Really good, lots of roast malts, coffee, chocolate, smooth and very drinkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Whiplash Surrender to the Void. Dangerously easy drinking. Delicious.

Out to Midlands Craft Beer Festival later to see what's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Drinking a few Magic Rock beers, Grapefruit IPA, decent. West Coast IPA is lovely, and the Gooseberry Gose is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Trouble Brewing / Coisbo Milk Stout. Definitely one of the nicest ones of the style I've had. Have some To Øl Black Maria, Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown and Dark Penance for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Was in the back page last night in phibsborough, excellent vibe and great range of beers.

Had a trouble brewing alligator on cask which was very easy to drink. Lagunitas IPA which was outstanding as always and then settled on kinnegar white rabbit which was very very easy to drink.

This evening I had a yellow belly duality pale stout, didn't know it was a smoke affair, and if I'd have known I wouldnt have bought it. Just dont get on with it or like it, I'm the same with scotch. Finished it but just didn't like it for the most part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

3 Fonteinen Oude Kriek

oh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Had a pint of Troubles Big Top Rye IPA yesterday in Dalkey, really nice for the hot day it was and 6.3%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Has anyone tried the O'Hara's helles-style lager? What's it like?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Pickpocket wrote: »
    What's it like?
    Not great, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I won 6 brewdog beers,, some stickers and other crap. Being a long long time since I've had 5am saint, Dead Pony, Punk so wonder how the lupulin threshold shift will make these beers taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Yellow Belly Castaway & Kangaroo Jack, massive improvement on the other beers I've had from them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement