Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great for those who want to be into craft beer, but don't like the taste of craft beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

I was 18 baldy, far from any connoisseur of craft...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

Had a molson lager there,
    Horrible stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

L1011 wrote: »
    I remember drinking Breo underage. Which probably makes those who weren't feel rather old!

I was 6 and told myself I would never drink :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I was 6 and told myself I would never drink :p

I was quite a bit older than that (luckily for the bar that served it to me!). Funnily enough I thought the same when I was 6 - two non-drinking parents has an impact. You wouldn't tell by looking at me and my partner (also two non-drinking parents) now though.

This week, due to the financial penury of last weekends trip to Brighton, a lot of Harveys and working my way down the taps of a Brewdog I shall mostly be drinking whatever is in the 4 for 10 'craft' offer in my local indepedent newsagent. Which can be anything from O'Haras and Carrig actual craft down to 500ml bottles of HH13 and Peroni...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Got a few new beers to try this evening.

8 degrees single hop citra, absolutely lovely. A real citea showcase, so much flavour our of one hop. Just a little malt flavour, finishes pretty dry. Tastes like zombie dust but a lot dryer. Well done to 8 degrees!

Trying blacks single hop mosaic. Tastes under carbonated and has a lingering bitterness and it has weird balance, great aroma though.

Picked up an imperial black IPA from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Drinking blacks of kinsale rocket ship, 2 beers in one

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Tried YellowBelly yesterday for the first time.

'It's Not Vodka' - Imperial Stout; Bit bland for me, though not a bad effort. Definitely better out there.

'Duality' - Pale Stout; This was a task in itself to drink, awful, not something I would say often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

FineAle wrote: »

'It's Not Vodka' - Imperial Stout; Bit bland for me, though not a bad effort. Definitely better out there.

'Duality' - Pale Stout; This was a task in itself to drink, awful, not something I would say often.

Fully agree with that, also the Chilli Porter is far too Chilli forward, I've put an Imperial and the Chilli away for awhile in the hope they'll improve but I'll never buy that Pale Stout again, the English Mild I actually enjoyed the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That Pale stout looked like my first attempt at homebrew and didn't taste much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

FineAle wrote: »

I had a bottle of the It's Not Vodka last night.
    Though it was decent enough at a reasonable price.

Had O'Hara's 20th Aniv Imperial Stout over the weekend.
    Again decent beer, but i thought the yellowbelly was slightly better and much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Galway Bay Kompass is fantastic!

Tried a beneath the brambles which was decent too, but got a taste of the new dark weisse Heather which was very tasty and great value at <2.50 and 3.5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Blacks overkill. An imperial black IPA. I like it! These guys are good at black IPAs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sour Caterpillar.... Yeuch!!

Just made the curfew and thought it was a beer so grabbed it.
    Moved on to a Francis' Big Bangin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

RasTa wrote: »
    That Pale stout looked like my first attempt at homebrew and didn't taste much better.

Is it the same Pale Stout that was at the RDS last year? I quite enjoyed that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Trying a Heineken Light
    3% abv

Not flavoursom , but I think it'd be nice at an all day BBQ, where you might just like a cold drink, and not be expecting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

mikeecho wrote: »
    Trying a Heineken Light
    3% abv

Not flavoursom , but I think it'd be nice at an all day BBQ, where you might just like a cold drink, and not be expecting too much.

You could just chill your own p1ss?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You could just chill your own p1ss?

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

BrewDog Born To Die & MonkHammer.

Monk Hammer is very Belgian and I like it.

Born to Die is just an incredible beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yellow Belly Fierce Mild. An English mild ale. It's description is perfect. It's mild in everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sabotage IPA, beautiful taste of hope from it and becoming my fav beer

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Westmalle dubbel. I've not really bothered with Belgians, focused on a wealth of Irish stuff, but Mescan gave me a taste when I had it a couple of months back. Really enjoyed this Westmalle.

Also got my hands on 2 Founders KBS, O'Hara's anniversary imperial stout and Whiplash's Enter the Void. Looking forward to getting into them....gradually of course!

8 degrees Citra, really nice, had the White hag lemon sour and Victory's summer love both also very good, you'd swear I thought it was summer or something :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Blacks of kinsale overkill black IPA. 9.5%, very well concealed. Incredible. Too easy to drink. This could be my favourite of the summer.

Had a can of chilled lilt (Elvis juice) in the sun earlier. Delicious.

Megager wrote: »
    Blacks of kinsale overkill black IPA. 9.5%, very well concealed. Incredible. Too easy to drink. This could be my favourite of the summer.

Had a can of chilled lilt (Elvis juice) in the sun earlier. Delicious.

Work tomorrow so saving the 3 blacks range until tomorrow, heard good things

Work tomorrow so saving the 3 blacks range until tomorrow, heard good things

I'm sparing the mosaic for tomorrow. My only regret about overkill was not buying more. Its superb.

Megager wrote: »
    I'm sparing the mosaic for tomorrow. My only regret about overkill was not buying more. Its superb.

Note to self buy more on the way home tomorrow ;-)

Note to self buy more on the way home tomorrow ;-)

Leave some for me

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

I had a bottle of the It's Not Vodka last night.
    Though it was decent enough at a reasonable price.

Had O'Hara's 20th Aniv Imperial Stout over the weekend.
    Again decent beer, but i thought the yellowbelly was slightly better and much better value.

For 3.99 its good value alright! Tbh I will buy another in the next week or so, I drank it directly after the Pale Stout which I suppose had me pessimistic about the brand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just had a Beavertown Spresso. Probably the most coffee-intense beer I've ever had, there's quite a hit from it. But it works very well, although I would be hard pushed to have a second straight after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement