Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Meter Brands

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Brian? wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I'll be spending a few bob on the 4iiii precision. The value is just too good to ignore.

have to wait for them to start shipping first, last i heard they hadn't. it was close though

If I went for the standard would I need to change anything else I.e chain e.t.c or just the rings?because the power2max Classic 130mm seems good value even if you buy the extra chainrings the 110 is not on offer for the classic also what rated torque wrench is required?Thanks

may need a fe extra links in the chain. you'll need the lock took to install the chainrings, it's an option when you are ordering, unless your current rotor came with it(may have but doubtful)

you're supposed to use a torque wrench to install, but i didn't have one big enough so based on info gathered i just went tight and it's been fine. the smaller bolts are jsut a standard torque wrench job, think they are 4mm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mossym wrote: »
    have to wait for them to start shipping first, last i heard they hadn't. it was close though

First batch was pre Christmas. That has been delayed with an announcement due today I think. The next batch is still open for orders but they charge upfront. I'm hoping to get one but in no rush to give them €400+ without any idea of a ship date

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

mossym wrote: »

They have a note about shipping to the eu on their website. So it looks good.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

godtabh wrote: »
    First batch was pre Christmas. That has been delayed with an announcement due today I think. The next batch is still open for orders but they charge upfront. I'm hoping to get one but in no rush to give them €400+ without any idea of a ship date

That's strange, according to the website all orders will be shipped within 2 business days. See attachment.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Brian? wrote: »
    That's strange, according to the website all orders will be shipped within 2 business days. See attachment.

They had an announcement on their site

http://4iiii.com/precision-update-january-15th-2015/

They had an announcement on their site

http://4iiii.com/precision-update-january-15th-2015/

Cheers.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Shimano powermeter on the way?

Shimano powermeter on the way?

Bound to be. A fully integrated package from Shimano and other group set suppliers would go down well I think

Would save a lot of hassle alright. Do Sram do it though with the Quarq, I mean the full package? Don't think I've seen it altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

purchased me a Garmin Vector S from Rose bikes with a 10% discount (pedals and shoes special offer). I added Sidi insoles into the baskets to give the discount. total 623 euro delivered.
    will report back at some stage after some use.

markusz wrote: »
    purchased me a Garmin Vector S from Rose bikes with a 10% discount (pedals and shoes special offer). I added Sidi insoles into the baskets to give the discount. total 623 euro delivered.

ANy links? WOuldn't mind a piece of that

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I 2nd that any link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭nilhg

ANy links? WOuldn't mind a piece of that
    I 2nd that any link please?

Just add this,

http://www.rosebikes.com/product/detail/aid:788179

and this

http://www.rosebikes.com/product/detail/aid:549932

to your basket and the discount comes off automatically

Do you get a set of pedals? Obviously power just on one.

Do you get a set of pedals? Obviously power just on one.

ya, just the one pedal, the S one. we'll see how it goes. had to buy this as well:
    toolorders.co.uk/Hand_Tools_Series_M3865_Crow_Foot_Wrenches_Metric
    i got it from my local motor factors @ 11 euro who deal in Teng Tools.

I only have a 5-25Nm torque wrench so i might have to get a higher torque wretch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

ya, just the one pedal, the S one. we'll see how it goes. had to buy this as well:
    toolorders.co.uk/Hand_Tools_Series_M3865_Crow_Foot_Wrenches_Metric
    i got it from my local motor factors @ 11 euro who deal in Teng Tools.

I only have a 5-25Nm torque wrench so i might have to get a higher torque wretch as well.

When you buy the Vector S, they give you a set of pedals. One with power and the other one is just a regular but matching pedal:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/cycling/vector-s/prod167943.html

nilhg wrote: »
    Just add this,

to your basket and the discount comes off automatically

thanks nilhg... been away from the pc.

Cond0r wrote: »
    When you buy the Vector S, they give you a set of pedals. One with power and the other one is just a regular but matching pedal:
    ah ok, after all my research i didn't spot that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

This could be a game changer
    Why? There's no mention of price and at this stage of the game, that's the only selling point that would differentiate it. (IMHO)

I didnt say it is I said it could. It could for many reasons

It could for many reasons

such as?

i think that's what Diarmuid was asking as well

Their experience in the industry
    Their brand
    Their acknowledgment of the change in price point of other power meters

Lots of things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Interesting to see how this compares to the existing pedal based systems. Possibly a recognition by Powertap that hub power is dead and overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Competition is good.

I wonder if PowerTap have patents that they can re-purpose for cranks or pedals. That would be good as it seems like a lot of the engineering talent in the PM sphere is being used to get around patents rather than improve the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Not really Powertap have a woefully reputation for build quality.

you sold yours right?

I'm selling as I want to get a 4iii in the states in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I'm selling as I want to get a 4iii in the states in a couple of weeks

Assuming you read about the post and return and the glue problem?

• Advertisement

I'll be in the states with a spare crank arm

Advertisement