Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ed* wrote:
    I know there is a rail extension planned but does anybody know time lines?

I wouldn't expect that to be completed before 2050 to be honest. A widening of the M3 will happen before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect that to be completed before 2050 to be honest. A widening of the M3 will happen before that.

It’s due for review again in 2030 according to the last strategic transport review so make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruadh40

Hi, I'm going to set up a facebook page for willow residents only, if any of you wish to join. I think it will be easier to compare and chat and bring everyone up to speed with how things are progressing.
    I'll call it willows dunshaughlin residents, if you are searching for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briibot

Has anyone who has moved in now got broadband or phone yet?

We got keys before Christmas but are trying to get broadband and eir are bring less than helpful.

Wondering if anyone else has had more luck??

• Advertisement

Ruadh40 wrote: »
    We signed ours ages ago, ours is due to be done on the 12th of January. I doubt it will, we haven't even stepped foot in the house. Went to view a different house as it's the same style but further on. I wasn't happy the way the top kitchen presses just stop. It looks awful, looks unfinished. Hope they extend them.

briibot wrote: »
    Has anyone who has moved in now got broadband or phone yet?

We got keys before Christmas but are trying to get broadband and eir are bring less than helpful.

Wondering if anyone else has had more luck??

We haven't ordered anything yet, did they say how long you will be waiting? are the roads bad, has many moved in? curious to know if you guys where on time with the move date the builders gave you

They had told us December and in fairness they gave us a completion notice around the 12 so pretty much when expected. They were quick to follow up on snags and we got keys before Christmas.

We haven't moved in yet as waiting on carpets and floors etc. There are quite a few house where people are living tho. The entrance road where it is presently is fine however it will need to be raised/relayered to final level, about 30mm, as the gap up the kerb to parking spaces is quite high.

Regarding the internet and broadband that seems to be another case, GEM told us they have wired to the junction box at road, but we need to get EIR to provide a line. The problem is EIR are saying we need an eircode and there is none, additionally eircodes can take a LONG time.... 3-9 months. We are arguing with EIR at the minute to try and speed up the process, but there customer care is dreadful, just wondered if anyone else had same problem or used different provider.

Oh no that sounds like a nightmare! I haven't a clue who else would be good there as we are in Dublin.
    I was going to go with Sky tv and eir for phone and broadband

Do you mind me asking did you use a local place for carpet and stairs?

Ruadh40 wrote: »
    Oh no that sounds like a nightmare! I haven't a clue who else would be good there as we are in Dublin.
    I was going to go with Sky tv and eir for phone and broadband

Do you mind me asking did you use a local place for carpet and stairs?

its actually not so bad, turns out you just have to keep hounding EIR until you get someone who knows more than computer says no...

They came out and checked line availability and came back to us saying Fibre is available, 100MB unlimited. so 35 for 6 months and 40 after, 12 month contract. pretty decent. They will be installing it within 5 working days!! so happy out. Need to get Sky in too but worried about them drilling a big hole in the wall and cables hanging loose... my lovely A rated home :((

We went with Des Kelly for carpets, seemed to be best for price on what we wanted. And they are everywhere so its grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

Do you mind me asking did KN networks perform the site visit or an Eir engineerer?

I am living in another new build estate in the area and have been waiting over 4 months now for an engineerer visit to pull cable down from the junction box a few metres down the road.

I've been promised a number of dates and they keep pushing them out. the customer service is a disgrace.

its actually not so bad, turns out you just have to keep hounding EIR until you get someone who knows more than computer says no...

They came out and checked line availability and came back to us saying Fibre is available, 100MB unlimited. so 35 for 6 months and 40 after, 12 month contract. pretty decent. They will be installing it within 5 working days!! so happy out. Need to get Sky in too but worried about them drilling a big hole in the wall and cables hanging loose... my lovely A rated home :((

We went with Des Kelly for carpets, seemed to be best for price on what we wanted. And they are everywhere so its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Can anyone shed light as to whether 305k was for 3 bed semi detached or was it for 3 bed townhouse in the willows. Looking to buy this phase if it is semi detached. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trickybrick

micko4 wrote: »
    Can anyone shed light as to whether 305k was for 3 bed semi detached or was it for 3 bed townhouse in the willows. Looking to buy this phase if it is semi detached. Thanks

As far as I know €305k was for the semi detached,the townhouses were less,something like €280k

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

As far as I know €305k was for the semi detached,the townhouses were less,something like €280k

Thanks for the reply! That's great, I was thinking 305 would be robbery for the townhouse but on their site 3 bed are listed as from 305k and doesn't mention anything about townhouses, but I could see some when I drove by and usually the from price on these sites is for the townhouses.

What about the island in the kitchen is this gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Another housing estate in Dunshaughlin on the Dublin road?
    This proposed development's decision is due on 09th Feb 2018, it would be located between business Park/ sports field and the The Willows.

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA171416/0
    The proposed development is for the construction of a total of 96 no. residential units comprising of the following: 6 no. 3 bedroom, semi-detached, 2 storey houses (House Type D), 42 no. 3 bedroom, semi-detached, 2 storey houses (House Type D1), 4 no. 3 bedroom, semi-detached, 2 storey houses (House Type D2), 11 no. 4 bedroom, semi-detached, 2 storey houses (House Type E), 3 no. 4 bedroom, semi-detached, 2 storey houses (House Type E1), 6 no. 2 bedroom, terraced, 2 storey houses (House Type F), 4 no. 2 bedroom, terraced, 2 storey houses (House Type F1), 20 no. 3 bedroom, terraced, 2 storey houses (House Type H). The development also includes the construction of a childcare facility with a GFA of 520 sq. m. including a separate vehicular access from the Dublin Road/R147. Vehicular access for the residential units will be provided via the adjoining permitted residential development (currently under construction). The proposal includes all associated site works, internal roads, cycleways and footpaths, the provision of public open space, car parking spaces (192 no. residential spaces and 24 no. spaces for the proposed childcare facility), landscaping, boundary treatments and foul and surface water drainage. The subject application is proposed as Phase 1C of the overall development of these lands (subsequent phases to be subject to separate planning applications)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

GeneHunt wrote: »
    This proposed development's decision is due on 09th Feb 2018, it would be located between business Park/ sports field and the The Willows.

Yea, there's a fair amount of development on that side on Dunshaughlin. There's planning permission applied for another 100 or so houses on St. Seachnaill's Road as well.

Exile59 wrote: »
    Yea, there's a fair amount of development on that side on Dunshaughlin. There's planning permission applied for another 100 or so houses on St. Seachnaill's Road as well.

Wow, I just found it I think thanks! I did know there was planning for 21 houses near the top of St. Seachnaill's Road (nearer to Ratoath Road junction). Here's the application.

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA170527/0
    the proposed development will consist of the demolition of existing single storey habitable dwelling and existing sheds, construction of 6 no. five bedroom detached dwellings and 16 no. four bedroom detached dwellings, create new entry point to public road, new roads and paths, open space, landscaping and all associated site works

But I didn't know about this proposed development's application for 96 houses (It's currently on Hold), looks to be across the road from Dr. Tierney's house.

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA171239/0
    the proposed development will consist of: (i) the demolition of existing single storey dwelling and existing outhouses/sheds, (ii) construction of 9 no. five bed detached dwellings, 3 no. four bed detached dwellings, 44 no. 4 bed semi-detached dwellings, 32 no. three bed semi-detached dwellings, 8 no. 2 bed semi-detached dwellings, (iii) Create new entrance point to St. Seachnail's Road, all ancillary and associated site works including connection to existing site services, new internal site service roads, footpaths, associated landscaping and open space/play areas, including the provision of suitable artwork/sculpture. (iv) Construction a new 99sq. metre single storey creche, (v) Extension of public footpaths and cycle along site boundary to St. Seachnaill's Road, including provision of low walls and railings, garden boundary walls and associated low walls and fences to open space areas requiring same

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

Wow, I just found it I think thanks! I did know there was planning for 21 houses near the top of St. Seachnaill's Road (nearer to Ratoath Road junction). Here's the application.

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA170527/0

But I didn't know about this proposed development's application for 96 houses (It's currently on Hold), looks to be across the road from Dr. Tierney's house.

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA171239/0

Yea it seems Dunshaughlin has been earmarked as a prime spot for developers. It makes sense really, so close to Blanch, between two motorways and near Dublin. Hopefully it will be developed properly and personally I think it's far better to have the emphasis on semi detached and detached houses. There'd be more families, more people buying to live and investing in the community, rather than apartment blocks and it just becomes a satellite town of Dublin, like Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Hey Everyone

Sorry for the random post hope you dont mind im really hoping to buy a 3 bed semi D on next phase been launched in march god only knows how much they will be what estate agent did yous all find the best? Did they keep you in the loop as in regards launching and if there were people queing or not really dont want to miss out on next phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fatmeathman

Can anyone PM me some the used to perform the snag list ? We got notice today of completion for the drive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Anyone know if you can use the help to buy scheme to purchase in the willows?

you sure can

For those who are wondering what's going on beside the GAA pitches!!! Well it's another housing estate (see description below) in two different phases (or "Character Areas"), there's also planning for a new creche too. The "Character Area 2" development has already started next to the GAA pitches. Also part of this development is a "wetland attentuation area" which can be seen near the roundabout on the Dunshaughlin link road for the M3. A new roundabout is also planned on th link road. The other part of this development "Character Area 1" is on the other side of the Drumree road next to The Meadows. Not sure on when this will start, but probably closer to the completion of the first phase "Character Area 2".

Ref: DA120987

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/DA120987/0

development of 160 No. dwellings in two distinct residential character areas, Character Area 1 extending to the north and Character Area 2, also incorporating a single storey creche (c.265 sq.m. in gross floor area plus associated outdoor play area), to the south of the Drumree Road, Dunshaughlin, respectively. The proposal comprises of 42 No. 4-Bed houses (2 No. detached, 36 No. semi-detached and 4 No. end-of-terrace houses, all two-storey dwellings each with the option of providing an additional adaptable room at attic level to be served by a dormer window at the front) and 118 No. 3-Bed houses in a range of house types (32 No. detached, 48 No. semi-detached, 22 No. end-of-terrace and 16 No. mid-terrace houses; all two-storey dwellings, 74 No. of which are applied for with the option of providing a single storey rear extension and 22 No. with the option also of a fourth bedroom at attic level to be served by a dormer window at the front) all served by a total of 326 No. residential car parking spaces (315 No. surface spaces and 11 No. garage spaces) and 12 No. creche car parking spaces. The proposed dwellings range from c. 90 sq.m. to c. 159 sq.m. in gross floor area with a maximum height to roof ridge ranging from c. 7.6 metres up to c. 8.9 metres. The development would contain c. 1.26 Ha of public open space comprising of a central open space of c. 7,450 sq.m. in Character Area 1, a central open space area of c. 2,800 sq. m. and a smaller open space of c. 1,090 sq.m. at the entrance to Character Area 2 as well as incidential open space areas and setbacks on both sides of the Drumree Road. Both Character Area 1 and 2 would be served by a signalised 4-arm vehicular junction with the Drumree Road and Character Area 2 would also be served by a proposed roundabout junction off the Dunshaughlin Link Road and internal access road that would ultimately also serve adjoining Neighbourhood Centre zoned lands, the existing Dunshaughlin GAA lands and additional residential zoned lands further south (Character Area 3). The proposal includes all ancillary site works and services including hard and soft landscaping , boundary treatment, ESB substations, refuse stores, a dedicated cycle-path through Character Area 2 and wetland attenuation area just north of the River Skane all on a site of c. 8.12 Ha traversed by the Drumree Road and bounded generally by the Meadows Housing Estate and Dunshaughlin GAA to the east and Dunshaughlin Link Road and Neighbourhood Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adeffe

I am wondering what is wrong with the current sold out phase? They sold out one of the rows and are now constantly delaying the completion of our house and i know some next to ours...by way too far...I am really starting to get worried...

I'm a little late posting this, as the signs are up for about three weeks now!
    One of the developments on St. Seachnail road is called Grange Park, this development is near the top of St. Seachnail road or the Ratoath road. The developers are O’Hora. This is from there website

Grange Park, Dunshaughlin, Co.Meath
    Grange Park is located close to the centre of Dunshaughlin Village between the Ratoath and Lagore Roads. This will be a small, niche development of 22 detached houses similar in style to our popular Seachnall Abbey development in Dunshaughlin. Work will start on site in February 2018 with the first completions due in Autumn”

The other development on St. Seachnail road (about half way down) is not named yet, but the developers are Aspect. There website is under construction :rolleyes: so no info there!

New signage has gone up today on the hoarding of the development beside the GAA pitches. Castlethorn Construction are the developers, and going by the new signs on the hoarding they are promising a launch date of Autumn 2018. There's nothing relating to this development on their website yet.

However this date maybe delayed as I heard a rumour that there was an archaeological find on this site, I also heard that there was an archaeological find at one of the two developments on St. Seachnails road too. Maybe someone here can confirm this!

The new development next to the GAA pitches has a name and website, it is Dún Rioga

http://www.dunrioga.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭maik3n

Further information was requested back in February and the decision on the updated application is due on 10/7/18.

I imagine planning permission will probably be granted. :P

• Advertisement

maik3n wrote: »
    Further information was requested back in February and the decision on the updated application is due on 10/7/18.

I imagine planning permission will probably be granted. :P

This is the Willows phase 2, I think.

Advertisement