Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruadh40

No explanation, We were told that's it, if you don't want the house as it is that there are plenty more in line that do. I dont know why they told buyer's there would be these extras knowing full well it wasn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rickydune

Really, did they have any explanation as to why there won't be an island and walk in wardrobe? I was told kitchen and 1st and 2nd floor will be as per showhouse. Solicitor has asked theirs about it and still waiting to hear back.

hey did you hear back we have going through contacts now and the specs sheet provided has very little detail about interior finish

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Phelanpeachy

rickydune wrote: »
    Really, did they have any explanation as to why there won't be an island and walk in wardrobe? I was told kitchen and 1st and 2nd floor will be as per showhouse. Solicitor has asked theirs about it and still waiting to hear back.

hey did you hear back we have going through contacts now and the specs sheet provided has very little detail about interior finish

If you got a corner house the kitchen will be different and no walk in wardrobe in master bedroom. No details on what it will be yet though

If you got a corner house the kitchen will be different and no walk in wardrobe in master bedroom. No details on what it will be yet though

Thanks, No didn't get a corner one, was on of the 4 bed semi d on drive. Just the specifics the vendor sent over were very vague

rickydune wrote: »

Thanks, No didn't get a corner one, was on of the 4 bed semi d on drive. Just the specifics the vendor sent over were very vague

Yeah I thought so too, might just be worth checking its same as showhouse though

• Advertisement

We went up to see the site, builder brought us to see a house similar to ours ( 4 bed corner house the 380k ones) the utility room is moved from beside the bathroom ( Where it was in old house they showed us) to over behind the sitting room wall. The kitchen is presses in L shape,no island and builder said there won't be either. The 2nd floor has no walk in wardrobe and has built in wardrobes instead, this has been confirmed by estate agent as 100% thats whats there. The builders can change the spec on the houses if they want,it's in small print of the contract. Our solicitor said builders do this all the time. Completed date of our builder said was early january

Ruadh40 wrote: »
    We went up to see the site, builder brought us to see a house similar to ours ( 4 bed corner house the 380k ones) the utility room is moved from beside the bathroom ( Where it was in old house they showed us) to over behind the sitting room wall. The kitchen is presses in L shape,no island and builder said there won't be either. The 2nd floor has no walk in wardrobe and has built in wardrobes instead, this has been confirmed by estate agent as 100% thats whats there. The builders can change the spec on the houses if they want,it's in small print of the contract. Our solicitor said builders do this all the time. Completed date of our builder said was early january

Think I'll be having a look next week. Was the kitchen the same finish as show house? Maybe built in wardrobe on the second floor will give more storage space

Think I'll be having a look next week. Was the kitchen the same finish as show house? Maybe built in wardrobe on the second floor will give more storage space

The kitchen wasn't completed, only the start of it was up.
    As far as I know the estate agent calls people in to discuss the finish of the kitchen. The builders where very nice, although I'm disappointed about the missing items they put my mind at ease.

Hey did you just head up or did you call ahead in advance was planning to go up there this week too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Borderfox wrote: »
    Looks very quiet on the site today going past, the first row of houses are very close to the road.

Are they going to extend the footpath out as far as the site?

They have just finished the footpath from the business park out as far as the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Werdna87

The Willows development looks good, considering purchasing. Does anyone know if there is social housing as part of the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trickybrick

I was up on the site the other day. The road is starting to progress on Willow Drive, there seems to be decent progress and a lot of working going on. I have bought on Willow Drive, they are saying the house will be ready in December but im predicting mid January.

I wonder will they be locating a bus stop outside the estate? I would imagine they will, there is a bus stop about 300yrds up the road near the garage, it would make more sense if there was a stop outside The Willows.

There is major works happening across the road. Im told there is a housing estate with roughly 40 homes being built there.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maik3n

I was up on the site the other day. The road is starting to progress on Willow Drive, there seems to be decent progress and a lot of working going on. I have bought on Willow Drive, they are saying the house will be ready in December but im predicting mid January.

I wonder will they be locating a bus stop outside the estate? I would imagine they will, there is a bus stop about 300yrds up the road near the garage, it would make more sense if there was a stop outside The Willows.

There is major works happening across the road. Im told there is a housing estate with roughly 40 homes being built there.
    Might be a bit overkill to have a stop outside willows along with one at industrial estate and one at the garage. The footpath back to the village should cover it in theory? Also, I imagine there will be scope for bus drivers to let people off at the willows anyways. Would be at their discretion though, of course. :confused:

Mind you, is a possible bus stop the responsibility of the builder/bus eireann or both?
    Or is it down to the householders to request it after they have moved in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I wish they would clean up after themselves

DSC_1366_zpsfjmzvssb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Borderfox wrote: »
    I wish they would clean up after themselves

DSC_1366_zpsfjmzvssb.jpg

Best to report it to Meath County Council planning dept, that should get it sorted. All sites now are expected to maintain clean public roads, I would expect it is part of the planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Had a nose round "The Willows" yesterday afternoon...rapid progress being made there now. Good to see, after years of it being an eyesore. I was curious to see how much of a walk was involved from there to "Tara News". So about 25 minutes of a stroll, 20 minutes or a bit less if walking with purpose.

As for the houses themselves, they look solid and well-finished. I thought the most impressive house was the large detached house on the left of the existing entrance (no. 47, from memory). But the back of the house has what looks like a north-easterly aspect so presumably would not have much sun.
    The semi-detached houses seem to have a relatively small living room, with no fireplace, from what I could see.
    Also, looks like plenty of room to expand the site so onwards and upwards...should be a boost to the town, especially if the Lidl development materialises.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

brian1976 wrote: »
    Best to report it to Meath County Council planning dept, that should get it sorted. All sites now are expected to maintain clean public roads, I would expect it is part of the planning permission.

Reported to Gardai and Councillor, cleaned next day

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ACAD21

Does anyone know anything about the proposed apartment blocks going in beside Maelduin? We're buying a house around that area and are very concerned. Had a look at the plans online and it looks like a huge eyesore

ACAD21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the proposed apartment blocks going in beside Maelduin? We're buying a house around that area and are very concerned. Had a look at the plans online and it looks like a huge eyesore

Can you link to the plans or even quote the Planning ref no. please?

• Advertisement

Here's a photo I took a the 20th Oct 2017 of the final details been added to the new facade of SuperValu Dunshaughlin. :rolleyes:

Looks like a new shopper trolley canopy was being erected this morning in the carpark.

37934282284_97178b0d38_b.jpg

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Can you link to the plans or even quote the Planning ref no. please?

Planning Reference is RA171256, it won't let me post a link

Planning application details ref: RA171256
    The development will consist of a fully serviced residential development comprising of 24 no. units in two blocks.
    • Block A comprising of a 4 storey apartment block incorporating 14 no. 2 bed apartments and 2 no. 1 bed apartments (total 16 no.).
    • Block B comprising of a 3 storey block containing 8 no. 3 bed townhouses.
    • Development to include public open space, refuse bin and bicycle storage enclosure, new vehicular access, parking, service road, connection to public services, landscaping and all ancillary works

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Planning application details ref:

Looks like the residents of Maelduin have already processed an objection.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fatmeathman

We bought on Willows drive, signed contracts and all, any sign of completion dates, it looks a long way off TBH.

We bought on Willows drive, signed contracts and all, any sign of completion dates, it looks a long way off TBH.

We signed ours ages ago, ours is due to be done on the 12th of January. I doubt it will, we haven't even stepped foot in the house. Went to view 19 as it's the same style but further on. I wasn't happy the way the top kitchen presses just stop. It looks awful, looks unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Has any thought been given to the effect all these new houses is going to have on the commute to Dublin?

The N3 is backed up to Clonee at 7am already.

I know there is a rail extension planned but does anybody know time lines?

Hi All

Has anyone got dimensions for rooms for the 4 bed semis? I bought on Willow Drive but haven't been able to get dimensions yet which is proving difficult to purchase furniture etc.

We expect to be in by the end of January all going well

Would appreciate any help with regards measurements

Thanks

What kind of 4 bed semi are you in? There bigger ones at corners of the drive. You should have been in to see your house, if call estate agent in dunshaughlin and tell them you need to measure up.

I'm not impressed with the presses in the kitchen. Top ones seem to stop midway

I'm not in one of the corner houses,must call in to do measurements next weekend so, I would have thought the measurements would be in the plans but haven't been able to get them to date.

The picture you attach is not my kitchen,ours is a straight line as per the 4 bed showhome. The last I heard (2 weeks before Xmas) was that they were painting the interiors of our home,the kitchen is in so can't imagine it'll be too much longer now.......hopefully

• Advertisement

Hopefully they are on time. I'll have to start ordering sky etc to be ready to go. I'm expecting our to be ready about early March, it's supposed to be done 12th of January. They are never on time

Advertisement