Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rainbow bright

Hi rainbow bright

Just a question if you don't mind, did you get the 4 bed detached for 318k?

No I initially contacted the agent and offered them 10% less and got told that there is a fixed price on this estate. So I pulled out but my partner tried and offered more than I did and got told the same so we got a detached house type 2 for €330k. We wanted type 1 but got told that they are all reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michaelle14

No I initially contacted the agent and offered them 10% less and got told that there is a fixed price on this estate. So I pulled out but my partner tried and offered more than I did and got told the same so we got a detached house type 2 for €330k. We wanted type 1 but got told that they are all reserved.

Thanks Rainbow bright

We also called up and were told the same, we have put a deposit down for 4 bed semi, they say should be ready for end sep to move in so fingers crossed all goes to plan..

Thanks Rainbow bright

We also called up and were told the same, we have put a deposit down for 4 bed semi, they say should be ready for end sep to move in so fingers crossed all goes to plan..

Hey neighbour,

Congrats thats great news. What number did you get? We got number 3. We are hoping this house goes smoother than the one we were going for in Maynooth (pyrite in the estate what a nightmare).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corkgirl057

Hello Michaelle 14,

Can I ask what number you are buying? I have also bought in the estate. Exciting times ahead if all goes to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Looks like this place will be sold out in no time
    I'd buy in here too if i had the funds but I don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Congrats to those above who have bought a house on the site...hopefully some or all of you will be in your new homes by the time the next Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival takes place next September.
    Just for pig-iron, I have been taking photos of the site more or less on a weekly basis since work there started, tracking its progress, and I can see that things seem to be accelerating in the last two or three weeks.
    As an economy, we are still walking on egg-shells, but the likes of this estate being built is, we hope, a sign that we are heading in the right direction, to something that is more terra firma...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Any word on the Willows restarting? Hopefully these types of developments will get the business in the village thriving again. The only place that's busy is Supervalu. Would love to see a few more restaurants

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dunshaughlin, unfortunately has never been home to good restaurants. Venice started off ok but went to the dogs long before it closed down.

There is an indian restaurant in place of Venice now, never been there and never will be: I have yet to walk past the place and see a single customer sitting inside.

The Golden Phoenix is always empty and totally lacking with atmosphere, their takeaway is good tho. Apart from that we have no other restaurants apart from Mac Cari's which is a very average chipper. As for the village grill, haven't set foot in the place in years after extremely rude service from staff.

Dunshaughlin is crying out for a decent restaurant that offers good food at a reasonable price all year around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Gonzo wrote: »

Dunshaughlin is crying out for a decent restaurant that offers good food at a reasonable price all year around.

A second supermarket would also be nice!

• Advertisement

There was meant to be a Tesco express coming. Dont know what happened and lidl had a sign years ago but nothing ever came of that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The Tesco express is attached to a load of apartments so can't see it happening for the foreseeable future.

The new houses at the church are going well

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news on when the show will be complete for Seachnall Abbey?

Thanks
    Rainbowbright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Gonzo wrote: »
    Dunshaughlin, unfortunately has never been home to good restaurants. Venice started off ok but went to the dogs long before it closed down.

There is an indian restaurant in place of Venice now, never been there and never will be: I have yet to walk past the place and see a single customer sitting inside.

The Golden Phoenix is always empty and totally lacking with atmosphere, their takeaway is good tho. Apart from that we have no other restaurants apart from Mac Cari's which is a very average chipper. As for the village grill, haven't set foot in the place in years after extremely rude service from staff.

Unfortunately Dunshaughlin is not viable for another restaurant. It just does not have the population at present to attract another restaurant.

Hi,

I haven't heard anything about the showhouse but i'm very interested in seeing it. The scaffolding is almost down off number 12 (showhouse) so hopefully it won't be too long more. Although they will have clean up the entrance and prepare the drive ways before they open it (i'm assuming!)
    CG057

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Dunshaughlin is not viable for another restaurant. It just does not have the population at present to attract another restaurant.

It does have the population. The problem is that population does not demand another restaurant, IMO.

What that population really depends is another supermarket. Again in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clarissa Darling

Aw great thanks for the feedback. All the feedback about Dunshaughlin has been so positive.

Thanks again hoping to be a blow in from Dublin

Hi guys!
    I see some of you are buying in Seachnall Abbey! Any updates on show house/move in date/contracts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I've not bought here but the houses seem to be going up at a steady rate, no idea re show houses (will go for a look when they are opened..)
    I think Phase 1 is already sold out anyways so they might not do showhouses!!
    Unless its oversubscribed and phase 2 is viable..

There isn't a showhouse in the first phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

I see that they have extended the perimeter of the site facing out onto the main road, even encroaching onto the cycle lane. The big old tree that dominates the entrance to the village has been subsumed within the site itself now and so its existence looks under threat. I would view that as a negative development but hopefully they will still be able to accommodate it.

• Advertisement

I can see some people have already moved in. Anyone who wrote here earlier in the year perhaps? If so, I would be courious to know how you are finding the house. Have the builders started phrase 2?

Some of the house in phase 2 are already sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Is it the semi-Ds that are most in demand. Last time I checked Daft/MyHome the 4 and 5 bed detached are still being advertised. Haven't checked in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jazzyb

I have bought in phase two or two and half they are spacing them out!!! Anyone else bought in this phase? Or any advice from people who have moved in already Would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I was just driving by this development the other day and noticed that the red brick on some of these new houses seems to be turning white already, looks really bad on a brand new house-what's going on?

I was just driving by this development the other day and noticed that the red brick on some of these new houses seems to be turning white already, looks really bad on a brand new house-what's going on?

It is called efflorescence and it can be a pain to remove (can take several years and can be coming back). It has to do with the sand getting wet before laying bricks & mortar. It is horrible looking and it was me I would be looking for the builder to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Its caused by salts in cement, water, sand, brick etc.. and will generally happen when the house is drying out. It will particularly happen with houses that were built during wet periods because they will hold more water in the block/brick/mortar than a house built in a dry period hence more water will leach out of the block/brickwork increasing the problem.

There are things than can be done by the builder to prevent it, ie. ecocem claim that their cement will have a greater effect in reducing it due to the chemical reaction being different than using normal cement (Generally builders are slow to change their ways but ecocem is a fantastic product). The builder can also cover his brickwork in wet conditions during construction to stop water getting in in the first place but to be fair there is a fair bit of work involved in that particularly in winter months.

If the bricks contain salt (generally a porous burnt clay type) there is little the builder can do as its naturally occuring. This also holds true for the water used for mixing the mortar.

Although it kinda looks **** it shouldn't last too long and is probably easily removed. That said, although i wouldn't hold the builder totally responsible for its occurance, i'd be fairly pissed off if he didn't remove it, particularly if hes still on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭maik3n

So Seachnaill Abbey is still going strong, the Willows is still wilting but we now have another new housing development in Dunshaughlin.

It's a bit out of the way, behind Maelduin/Coldericks Pass but I guess it's good news for the most part surely :P

Kellett's Grove
    http://www.daft.ie/meath/new-homes-for-sale/kelletts-grove-dunshaughlin-meath-54928/

Showhouse was open over the weekend from 1-3. I drove by and it seemed fairly busy. Don't know if it was serious punters or people just wasting time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭maik3n

Yet more new houses for Dunshaughlin?

O'Hora are currently doing some landscaping work up at Maelduin
    This patch of land across from Apache Pizza/Chocolate Fringe

Mod: <image removed>

Advertisement