Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Rumours that the Willows site is going to be re-launched soon, which would be good news, from the point of view that at least it would get rid of what is now an eyesore.
    Also, A billboard on the abandoned site beside the church inviting enquiries re houses to be built there this year.
    Would be good news for the village generally if they did commence building. I think many people are suffering from "austerity fatique" and to see progress being made would help to lift the clouds over our heads, perhaps.
    But is there sufficient demand for these houses? Will the banks lend?
    Answers on a postcard...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I think that if prices keep going up in Dublin you will see people moving out. Not a bad drive to the city centre from dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

viztopia wrote: »
    I think that if prices keep going up in Dublin you will see people moving out. Not a bad drive to the city centre from dunshaughlin.
    ...and both of these factors might in turn put upward pressure on house prices in Dunshaughlin.
    All things being equal, if I was deciding which one of these sites to go for, I think I would choose the one nearer to the village. Bit of a walk for a pint if living in the estate beside the Esso garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Good news for the village and those looking to buy in it as at the moment there is hardly nothing for sale!!`

By the way, any updates on the tesco express story opening in Dunshaughlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I stopped at the Dublin road site this afternoon, there's a planning notice there.

Apparently revised plans were submitted to the planning authority on 11 December 2013. I'd assume the initial development is being downscaled somewhat. What I'd like to see is a little more green space around the houses than what was originally being proposed. I haven't seen the new plans yet though.

Where is this second site that is being mentioned above?

Where is this second site that is being mentioned above?[/QUOTE]

It is located on a previously abandoned site, right beside the church on the left-hand side as you come in to the village from Dublin.

• Advertisement

Spoke to the property consultants involved with this development today. Attached is the pdf I received from them. There's no website yet. Prices as far as I'm concerned are OTT even if it's going to be a reasonably small development.

I realise I'm not doing myself any favours by publicising for the developer but I just wanted to convey my dismay at the pricing. They must be factoring in a serious premium for the location.

Anyway, dissect at your leisure:
    Four bed semi detached - €285,000 (c.1,550 sq.ft plus attic left ready to convert) Four bed detached - €330,000 (c. 1,750 sq.ft plus attic left ready to convert) Five bed detached - €375,000 (c.2,400 sq.ft)

There is about another 250 sq.ft in the attic.

All houses will be “A” rated and will have a high spec to include solid fuel stoves, KUBE kitchens, slide robes etc. The facades will be red brick with granite detailing around the windows.

I realise I'm not doing myself any favours by publicising for the developer.

I am going to buy them all now!! :D

Do you seriously think there is enough demand in Dunshaughlin for these houses and the ones in The Willows?

Are those prices fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Don't think house price would ever be like this?
    Its too much again and these agents still greedy
    A 5 BED ROOM house should not cost more than 220k anywhere in IRELAND for next 10 years...

They have started the work for the Seachnall Abbey houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Hope this one isn't half built and abandoned like the last estate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Ambitious development, a lot will rest on how they are finished

Borderfox wrote: »
    Ambitious development, a lot will rest on how they are finished

Very ambitious. Hope it does not end up half built or abandoned or people in tears complaining to be left down by the developer.

What I find odd is the fact that these houses are not advertised anywhere yet. I can't find anything on google under the name of the development + dunshaughlin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I don't think they have a showhouse built, a bit nearer completion you will see the advertisements. What estate agent is handling it?

Glad to see that work has started there. Assuming it all goes to plan, it should be a nice shot in the arm for Dunshaughlin in general...an antidote to the empty shop-fronts currently in place.
    It will also be interesting to see what they come up with when setting up the retention and renovation of one of the existing farm buildings on the site.
    This aspect of the development was mentioned a few weeks back in the local publication, "Dunshaughlin News and Views".

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

The "Existing Stable Blocks to be Restored" are mentioned on the last page of the brochure linked above too. It's a nice idea. Hopefully they will be put to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

All new estates should be made to supply youth facilities ...say either a basketball court small soccer pitch or a child's play area

Vego wrote: »
    All new estates should be made to supply youth facilities ...say either a basketball court small soccer pitch or a child's play area

If there is no enforcement coming from the Government I am afraid developers will not care much about basketball court, etc...

It would not surprise me a bit if they built the houses but never restore the Stable and new owners will look at the old Stable building for the next 10-20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Offices by the looks of the planning application...

http://www.meath.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=DA130198&LASiteID=0

Borderfox wrote: »
    I don't think they have a showhouse built, a bit nearer completion you will see the advertisements. What estate agent is handling it?

I was talking to an EA at the weekend who said they were handling these houses. If it hasn't been advertised yet then I won't say who in case they're subject to confidentiality or some such.

Of course he expects them to sell like hot cakes even at the prices I quoted above. My argument was that although they will definitely be in demand people will seriously struggle to secure finance.

My guess is that the semi-D's will sell as they would be at the upper levels of what what would be affordable to buyers on an above average income (using my own family as an example). I'll cite Trim as an example where the only remaining houses in Knightsbrook are large detached houses.

Secondly, while the banks are saying they're lending it's not being reflected on the ground cf. http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/mortgage-lending-down-last-year-1.1702778
    Despite an ongoing resurgence in the property market, mortgage lending fell in 2013, as the number of mortgages issued fell by 5.6 per cent down to 14,985 and the value of mortgages dropped by a similar percentage, down to €2.5 billion.

Only 46 per cent of transactions were carried out using a mortgage last year, down from 56 per cent in 2012

Unless there is cash available, willing to invest in Dunshaughlin (and I'm not saying there isn't) then the asking prices are simply too high.

The lad who built the Crannong houses was selling the detached houses for 250k at the end. Not saying which it is better or worst estate or house to live but those prices seem to be a bit of a step up and targeting people at a much higher social level I guess.

• Advertisement

Had a wander round the perimeter of the site at the weekend and it looks like full steam ahead with the construction of what I assume will be the show house.
    The concrete foundations were laid and the blocks were stacked in the middle.
    Anyone familiar with the immediate vicinity will be aware of the big old tree that arches right across the main road in front of the site. That tree must be at least a hundred years old...I would hate to think that it would be felled or severely cut back by the developers or the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rainbow bright

Hi

Can anyone tell me what it is like in Dunshaughlin? I have put an offer on a house in Seachnall Abbey. There seem to be a few from phase 1 sold.

Can you advise me of what the traffic is like? Is there much crime in the area? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rainbow bright

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michaelle14

Hi

Can anyone tell me what it is like in Dunshaughlin? I have put an offer on a house in Seachnall Abbey. There seem to be a few from phase 1 sold.

Can you advise me of what the traffic is like? Is there much crime in the area? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rainbow bright

Hi

I have friends who live down there it's a really nice place , very much countryside although village needs updating.. Did you say u put an offer on a house? I thought it was only the asking prices that they were accepting?

Thanks hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corkgirl057

Hi Rainbowbright
    Just curious if you offered the asking price on the property in Seachnall abbey. Which house type have you put an offer on.
    thanks.

Hi

Thanks
    Rainbow bright

There are a few threads on boards about dunshaughlin, just type the word in the search box...
    Anyway, I have lived in Dunshaughlin now for ten years (blow-in from Dublin!) and no regrets. The crime level is not something I would be worrying about, over and above anywhere else. Good community spirit, any amount of organisations you can become involved in if you wanted.
    Great to see those houses being built...should provide a boost to the local economy if all goes to plan.

CUCINA wrote: »
    There are a few threads on boards about dunshaughlin, just type the word in the search box...
    Anyway, I have lived in Dunshaughlin now for ten years (blow-in from Dublin!) and no regrets. The crime level is not something I would be worrying about, over and above anywhere else. Good community spirit, any amount of organisations you can become involved in if you wanted.
    Great to see those houses being built...should provide a boost to the local economy if all goes to plan.

Aw great thanks for the feedback. All the feedback about Dunshaughlin has been so positive.

Thanks again hoping to be a blow in from Dublin

Hi Rainbowbright
    Just curious if you offered the asking price on the property in Seachnall abbey. Which house type have you put an offer on.
    thanks.

Didn't offer the asking price initially I went in 10% lower and got knocked back went to 318k and same thing we had contacted the agent separately and both got told it is set pricing on this estate. In phase one the 5beds are all reserved so we opted for the 4bed detached. Would have loved the 5bed tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michaelle14

Didn't offer the asking price initially I went in 10% lower and got knocked back went to 318k and same thing we had contacted the agent separately and both got told it is set pricing on this estate. In phase one the 5beds are all reserved so we opted for the 4bed detached. Would have loved the 5bed tho

Hi rainbow bright

Just a question if you don't mind, did you get the 4 bed detached for 318k?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corkgirl057

Thank you Rainbow bright, i appreciate your honesty.
    Have you put down a booking deposit and been given any dates on when you can move in/completion date. I have looked at these on daft but it is difficult to know the specifications without seeing the showhouse. It looks like a fine development.

• Advertisement

I may be wrong but I think they are going to re-start with The Willow very soon.........Price on Application at the moment.

Advertisement