Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

Has it been confirmed that our WWE network will remain unchanged? Really hope we don't lose a lot of the classic content. Only thing I use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Has it been confirmed that our WWE network will remain unchanged? Really hope we don't lose a lot of the classic content. Only thing I use it for.

Until they find a buyer for it we're safe for now but the precedent has been set.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes. The statements about peacock only apply to the United States. Everywhere else stays the same as it is now. Now I doubt it will continue like that indefinitely but as of now it’s staying the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

If they weren't able to do this then Nick Khan shouldn't have said they would. And now I really wonder how many users this move will actually add to Peacock? WWE Network currently has 1.1 domestic subscribers, how many of those bother to resubscribe? Like for the amount they've paid for this thing I don't know what the benefits are.

The only way to watch Wrestlemania will be through Peacock. Of that 1.1 million you are bound to have 10% who just never cancelled a sub. The rest will probably get it. It's either free or max $5 a month and there's loads of good content on it. I have it a few months myself. This is a sweet deal.

Monokne wrote: »
    The only way to watch Wrestlemania will be through Peacock. Of that 1.1 million you are bound to have 10% who just never cancelled a sub. The rest will probably get it. It's either free or max $5 a month and there's loads of good content on it. I have it a few months myself. This is a sweet deal.

It's a sweet deal if you have the Network for the ppvs and if you're into The Bump and whatever other current content they pump out. But if you like The Network for the classic content then this is basically the end of the road.

I'd be legit shocked if they get 1 million new subscribers to Peacock for Mania. It's been so poorly publicised and explained and there's so little time before Wrestlemania. It's impossible to prove or judge it but if they managed to convert even 700k into new Peacock subscription holders I'd be amazed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So it could be August before the whole archive gets moved to Peacock

Also reports the search function is being report to be a lot worse than on the Network ( Hard to believe anything could be worse than the Network on that part)

Also match time markers won't be on it so you will have to fast forward instead of being able to jump to certain points in a match.

I guess this gives us an Idea of what to expect when they sell the world rights to the Network off.

Also match time markers won't be on it so you will have to fast forward instead of being able to jump to certain points in a match.

That's brutal! I have a free trial of the impact plus app atm and it's like going back to the VHS days trying to fast forward through the show to the match you want to watch.

It's a sweet deal if you have the Network for the ppvs and if you're into The Bump and whatever other current content they pump out. But if you like The Network for the classic content then this is basically the end of the road.

I'd be legit shocked if they get 1 million new subscribers to Peacock for Mania. It's been so poorly publicised and explained and there's so little time before Wrestlemania. It's impossible to prove or judge it but if they managed to convert even 700k into new Peacock subscription holders I'd be amazed.

Wrestlemania is almost 5 weeks away, 11th April.

They need to crank the pub up in the final 2 weeks. They have loads of time.

Wrestlemania is almost 5 weeks away, 11th April.

They need to crank the pub up in the final 2 weeks. They have loads of time.

Personally I think when you factor in account holders that already have Peacock accounts, and then the users who maybe won't bother signing up for the new service, users who still don't know about the new service, those who've forgotten they even have membership to the WWE Network, or users who only subscribe for the archive footage and not the new footage, all those things factored together make me think 700k new users might even be a bit on the high side for Wrestlemania.

Of course, none of it matters. Even if they didn't add a single new user from the deal, WWE already has the Peacock money so it's irrelevant to them if anyone signs up specifically for WWE or not.

Yeah there are a ton of people who already have it through their cable package. This is how I have it, through xFinity. I believe it's about 24% of the cable homes that have it. However, you have to actually physically set it up so a ton will have it and not actually know or use it.

Either way, WWE is laughing as you said.

• Advertisement

Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics spoke with the Executive Vice President of Peacock about the WWE network archive:
    We’re going to put it all on Peacock. It just takes time to re-encode all the hours. It’s labor intensive with the meta data, imagery, closed captioned, etc. The team has it as a top priority, it will get done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics spoke with the Executive Vice President of Peacock about the WWE network archive:

Someone better at maths than me might be able to calculate the number of hours of archive content added to the network since the launch then using the number of hours currently on the network and maybe take a guess at how long it might take for them to transfer everything over to peacock.

If NBC want to vet all of the content being added then it wouldn't surprise me if it took the length of the deal to transfer everything.

oneilla wrote: »
    Someone better at maths than me might be able to calculate the number of hours of archive content added to the network since the launch then using the number of hours currently on the network and maybe take a guess at how long it might take for them to transfer everything over to peacock.

If NBC want to vet all of the content being added then it wouldn't surprise me if it took the length of the deal to transfer everything.

Their statement said a lot of the issue is coding, whatever that means. Perhaps the file format is different on different streaming services?

I know for the network itself, the subtitling was the most labour intense piece. Anyway, their goal is summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What are those that were still on US subs doing? I'm not sure I really use it enough to be bothered paying 13 quid each month and Mania is not really grabbing me either. I'm not really motivated enough for a load of tricking about with VPNs and hacks that may or may not work. Anyone got any simple suggestions?

I have Peacock since I think December, just coincidentally (get it free through cable). It works with Express VPN all the time but that is the only one known to work - they do try and block VPN's in general.

If you don't want to use a VPN long term, it is $10 everywhere else in the world so just use a VPN to sign up from another country and renew it thereafter.

Pentecost wrote: »
    What are those that were still on US subs doing? I'm not sure I really use it enough to be bothered paying 13 quid each month and Mania is not really grabbing me either. I'm not really motivated enough for a load of tricking about with VPNs and hacks that may or may not work. Anyone got any simple suggestions?

My country is set to Ireland so nothing unless I have to. I’m being charged near 11 euro now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The search function is atrocious on Peacock.

PPV's are called seasons i.e WM 1 is called season 1 episode 1. WM 2 is called season 2 episode 1 etc.

RAW episodes only start in 2008 from what I can see.

Yeah I think if I keep it at all I'll pay the extra and get the international version.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I think if I keep it at all I'll pay the extra and get the international version.

But since 2015 there’s just one version spread over the world. They are closing one part but us in Ireland should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

The search function is atrocious on Peacock.

PPV's are called seasons i.e WM 1 is called season 1 episode 1. WM 2 is called season 2 episode 1 etc.

RAW episodes only start in 2008 from what I can see.
    Going to be interesting to see the level of backlash because adopting the same difficult template navigation from Peacock is a huge downgrade. Stream quality also not as sharp

I'll put up with it since I had a Peacock sub anyway which is working out about €4.30 per month

• Advertisement

A few kids will spit their dummy but given time it'll be grand.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But since 2015 there’s just one version spread over the world. They are closing one part but us in Ireland should be fine.

Yeah I know. I meant I won't be farting around trying to sign up to Peacock to save a few quid.

The Randy orton broken skull sessions is now available to watch on demand on the network. It’s 1 hr 44 minutes long and all I can say in hook to my ****ing veins. Austin and Randy orton talking wrestling is worth the price of the network alone because Randy orton to me is a wrestling legend and doesn’t pretend to be something he’s not. I appreciate the honesty in the things I watched of him unlike the cena who’s as fake as a false ceiling. Give my orton everyday of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Really enjoyed it the latest episode with Orton..

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it the latest episode with Orton..

I’ve twenty minutes left to watch but orton is great to listen to because he just gets wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How do they avoid mentioning his first World title win without mentioning Benoit? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Curious to know how the people using Peacock on here got on.
    Anyone watch it live? How did that work out?
    I watched it on catch-up and it stuttered a bit and the quality could be a bit inconsistent. Having the pre-show attatched was a little odd but not a big deal. I also really like the layout on Peacock for the WWE stuff tbh.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Watched the pre show and the first 30 mins live and all was good. Watched the remainder on replay just now and stream quality was again excellent

Layout still crap and ads during programmes like Broken Skull sessions suck but otherwise delighted to have the network on the subscription for nothing as I only got Peacock 6 months ago for the PL and a few NBC shows

Watched Fastlane today. Gave up after ten minutes on Peacock because it was heavily pixelated. Worked fine on the network. May yet end up keeping it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

What VPN options are people using for peacock?

Advertisement