Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

If you cancel the network today with, say, 15 days left on your sub, can you continue to log in and watch?

Or does logging in again undo your cancellation request ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

bot43 wrote: »
    If you cancel the network today with, say, 15 days left on your sub, can you continue to log in and watch?

Or does logging in again undo your cancellation request ??

You have it up to the day you paid for, cancel away and you’ll still have it for 15 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

There was no such thing as the ruthless aggression era and it doesn't deserve to be validated by capitalising the phrase. It's just some inane catchphrase McMahon came out with to make the post-Attitude Era seem edgy after ratings plummetted over the past year. Every other era had some meaning behind it: the Golden Generation was the decade of Hogan and Savage and wrestling becoming pop culture; the New Generation was McMahon deeming Hogan and Savage too old and wanted to create new stars in Bret Hart, HBK, Razor and Nash; the Attitude Era was a raunchy and vulgar TV14 product with monstrous TV ratings; for the so-called ruthless aggression era, all we got was John Cena uttering the words "ruthless aggression" in response to Kurt Angle's challenge.

Apart from a few episodes during the Invasion angle, I stopped watching wrestling a couple of weeks after Wrestlemania 2001 because it was shíte, but I've since gone back and watched every Raw from 2001 to 2003 and I didn't see any evidence of ruthless aggression. With the declining in TV ratings, the mundane storylines and declining PPV buys, it should be called the Comedown Era instead because the business just returned back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

My resounding memory of the term ruthless aggression was either Rock or Jericho referring to it as toothless aggression when insulting Benoit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

There was no such thing as the ruthless aggression era and it doesn't deserve to be validated by capitalising the phrase. It's just some inane catchphrase McMahon came out with to make the post-Attitude Era seem edgy after ratings plummetted over the past year. Every other era had some meaning behind it: the Golden Generation was the decade of Hogan and Savage and wrestling becoming pop culture; the New Generation was McMahon deeming Hogan and Savage too old and wanted to create new stars in Bret Hart, HBK, Razor and Nash; the Attitude Era was a raunchy and vulgar TV14 product with monstrous TV ratings; for the so-called ruthless aggression era, all we got was John Cena uttering the words "ruthless aggression" in response to Kurt Angle's challenge.

Apart from a few episodes during the Invasion angle, I stopped watching wrestling a couple of weeks after Wrestlemania 2001 because it was shíte, but I've since gone back and watched every Raw from 2001 to 2003 and I didn't see any evidence of ruthless aggression. With the declining in TV ratings, the mundane storylines and declining PPV buys, it should be called the Comedown Era instead because the business just returned back to normality.

Ruthless aggression was no more or less an inane catchphrase than Attitude. How is this not immediately clear to you!? :confused: They are both just two completely arbitrary terms Vince put on stretches of the company's history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,645 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

26 years ago today wrestlemania X happened from MSG. This event holds a very special place in my wrestling fandom as it is the very first PPV I recorded myself. I remember watching that tape like it was going out of fashion. It had two amazing five star matches in the Owen vs Bret match and the ladder match. I think I'll watch it tonight.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    26 years ago today wrestlemania X happened from MSG. This event holds a very special place in my wrestling fandom as it is the very first PPV I recorded myself. I remember watching that tape like it was going out of fashion. It had two amazing five star matches in the Owen vs Bret match and the ladder match. I think I'll watch it tonight.

Great show. Well, two great matches anyway. The closing scene of Bret up on everyones shoulders while Owen watches on from the entrance is brilliant.

I watched it a couple months ago. I thought Owen & Bret aged much better then Shawn & Razor. Just a classic wrestling battle. Be sure to post your thoughts.

Monokne wrote: »
    Great show. Well, two great matches anyway. The closing scene of Bret up on everyones shoulders while Owen watches on from the entrance is brilliant.

I watched it a couple months ago. I thought Owen & Bret aged much better then Shawn & Razor. Just a classic wrestling battle. Be sure to post your thoughts.

I will but from memory the macho man match was a good idea but suffered from the stipulation. The 60 second time between falls was bad. Well the ladder match hasn't aged well probably because of subsequent ladder matches.

The Owen vs Bret match has aged well monokne because good solid wrestling isn't timeless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Network is currently free for three months to non-subscribers.

Apparently. Not tested myself, just seen it on Reddit.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Haha so is NFL gamepass. I also see that the talks between WWE and espn on putting the ppvs on espn have stopped. Covid-19 will give vince the excuse to backtrack. The WWE network is the premier wrestling steaming service around and streaming services above anything should see a rise.

• Advertisement

Link (to the offer/Reddit thread)? I cancelled the network last summer when they did that awful update but wouldn't mind it for free atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Link (to the offer/Reddit thread)? I cancelled the network last summer when they did that awful update but wouldn't mind it for free atm.

https://www.cricketsweepstakes.com/wwenetwork

Just google a 10 digit US number for that requirement. I used Mickie D's in Times Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cripesonfriday

Worked for me. I used a different email address than I have before but the same PayPal. Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

It's worked for me on a lapsed account, doesn't need to be a brand new account

Nice one for the tip Lord

Will cancel and take advantage of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah did this after seeing it on Reddit no problems just put in a 10 digit number that doesn't begin with a 0.

I started watching mania X last night and watched the opening match twice and then got the ladder match and have to watch the rest. Also the first title match between Luger and yoko isn't aging that good. Nerve hold of doom.

I started watching mania X last night and watched the opening match twice and then got the ladder match and have to watch the rest. Also the first title match between Luger and yoko isn't aging that good. Nerve hold of doom.

Yoko with the two fingers on Luger's shoulder while he sits there and catches his breath.

Always thought it odd that match went like 15 minutes while the main event only had 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cheers tsc. Signed up but dunno if I did it right but at this stage of boredom I don't mind paying for it

I've just seen a rivalries section and the first match is the iron match between kurt angle and brock lesnar. I haven't seen that since the network launched when I watched it. Okay that's a match in the watchlist.

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    Yoko with the two fingers on Luger's shoulder while he sits there and catches his breath.

Always thought it odd that match went like 15 minutes while the main event only had 10.

And then the confrontation between perfect and Luger after was a mess and perfect tried to explain why he DQed Luger. Also I know yoko was a big unit but it was like an old msg match from the 1970s where it was mostly rest holds.

Okay those who want to watch good 70s and 80s WWF on the network watch all star wrestling. It's great stuff and some of vinces commentary is as good as any wrestling commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Summerslam '92 what a crowd in Wembley unreal. Bulldog was huge in the UK

Today is the 32nd anniversary of macho man randy savage winning his first WWF world title at wrestlemania IV. This mania was the first mania I rented that was two tapes not one and until I stopped this was I think the only one. It was okay but mostly because of randy savage and miss Elizabeth. There was the double DQ between Andre and hulk and the time limit draw which eliminated both jake Roberts and rick rude. There was my first memory of a trophy in wrestling been broken when the battle royal trophy was broken. The tournament final was between two good wrestlers in randy savage and Ted dibiase and was a good match. The venue of trump plaza wasn't a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Today is the 32nd anniversary of macho man randy savage winning his first WWF world title at wrestlemania IV. This mania was the first mania I rented that was two tapes not one and until I stopped this was I think the only one. It was okay but mostly because of randy savage and miss Elizabeth. There was the double DQ between Andre and hulk and the time limit draw which eliminated both jake Roberts and rick rude. There was my first memory of a trophy in wrestling been broken when the battle royal trophy was broken. The tournament final was between two good wrestlers in randy savage and Ted dibiase and was a good match. The venue of trump plaza wasn't a good one.

Fun fact

Wasn't actually in Trump Plaza, was in the Atlantic City convention Centre, Trump sponsored the event so he was billed as hosting it or something

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Trump_Plaza

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Fun fact

Wasn't actually in Trump Plaza, was in the Atlantic City convention Centre, Trump sponsored the event so he was billed as hosting it or something

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Trump_Plaza

That's a fact that's not much fun. It doesn't change anything really the same as the fact there probably wasn't 93,173 fans at wrestlemania 3 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I unsubscribed to this months ago, and went back in today and can still watch PPV’s. I definitely unsubscribed and it says my sub is expired. Hope I’m not still getting charged.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I unsubscribed to this months ago, and went back in today and can still watch PPV’s. I definitely unsubscribed and it says my sub is expired. Hope I’m not still getting charged.

Well check your bank account for the last time you should have been billed and you'll answer your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

WWE Network is free right now with loads of content due to the lockdown. Only a few things are behind a paywall.
    Weekend's Wrestlemania being one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

ThePott wrote: »
    WWE Network is free right now with loads of content due to the lockdown. Only a few things are behind a paywall.
    Weekend's Wrestlemania being one of them.

Ah well, that explains that. Cheers mate!

Advertisement