Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone watch the wwe untold Stings last stand episode??

Decent but found Seth to come off as a bit of a dork in this but sting said it wasn't Seth's fault for the injury and it was just one of those things

U knw deep down he regrets how his wwe run went and not having that chance with the Undertaker. He should of demand a programme with him upon signing. He still wants something but Vince wont do it due to his ego

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really enjoyed latest Table for 3 episode, D'Lo Brown is one of most nicest guys in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I really enjoyed latest Table for 3 episode, D'Lo Brown is one of most nicest guys in the business.

He is he's a genuine guy from what all I've seen and heard. He also has a clear recollection of things which in pro wrestling as we know can be spotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

He came across that way in his podcast appearances.

The WWE network is replying every PPV from 2019 in order so it started at the royal rumble(obviously says ye) at about midday today and will finish at midday tomorrow. The weekend between Christmas and New Years is a good time to do this.

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed Kane interview with Austin. They could of gone on for another hour.

Wathcing the WWE 24 mania 35 episode

I'd say Xavier Woods had a few before Batistas entrance at mania ha

I always enjoy these documentaries but feel there going down in quality a little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They miss some things. Like they even mention it's Angle's retirement match but don't talk to him. And the Becky bits were on her own special

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They miss some things. Like they even mention it's Angle's retirement match but don't talk to him. And the Becky bits were on her own special

Yeah the having no kurt in the documentary was weird but it's not surprising the Becky parts are more or less the same(not like for like) as they were filming her at mania so they used the bits they had of her for a overall mania one.

This looks interesting new series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There's talk that, according to Bryan Alvarez, Vince is trying to shop Wrestlemania which means it won't be on the Network.

The only reason I pay the sub is for the PPVS so if that happens I'll be stopping it.

There's talk that, according to Bryan Alvarez, Vince is trying to shop Wrestlemania which means it won't be on the Network.

The only reason I pay the sub is for the PPVS so if that happens I'll be stopping it.

I'm kind of the same. I use it for archive content but also PPVs. You'd hope cooler heads will prevail and just go with the tiered network that was being talked about. I'd have no issue with that but removing the main selling point of a subscription service is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm kind of the same. I use it for archive content but also PPVs. You'd hope cooler heads will prevail and just go with the tiered network that was being talked about. I'd have no issue with that but removing the main selling point of a subscription service is baffling.

If WWE can get DAZN or NBCU's streaming service Peacock, or ESPN+ to pay them more money than they earn from WWE network for their PPV's, then they would move them in a heartbeat.

UFC used to have 10+ live shows a year on Fightpass but they are now on ESPN+. Therefore they still make a little money on Fightpass and get paid more for the live shows on ESPN then they were ever worth to Fightpass.

Monokne wrote: »
    If WWE can get DAZN or NBCU's streaming service Peacock, or ESPN+ to pay them more money than they earn from WWE network for their PPV's, then they would move them in a heartbeat.

UFC used to have 10+ live shows a year on Fightpass but they are now on ESPN+. Therefore they still make a little money on Fightpass and get paid more for the live shows on ESPN then they were ever worth to Fightpass.

We're talking about a one day pull of big profit in exchange for a collapse of subscriptions. I don't know about you but their Saudi specials and faux candid documentaries aren't going to hold me to a sub if they go back to selling PPVS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

if the number are true on what they could get for selling the rights it will be worth losing the scriptitions to them in money terms. a lot more money on the table there.

Then realistly if they offer there archives at a lower rate there will still be people who subscribe just for that

We're talking about a one day pull of big profit in exchange for a collapse of subscriptions. I don't know about you but their Saudi specials and faux candid documentaries aren't going to hold me to a sub if they go back to selling PPVS.

What? It's not a one day of profit? Where are you getting that from?

It's a company offering to pay them more for the 12 PPV's over the course of a year than they make off the network in profit. They don't make huge money on the network.

If the network number drops from 1.5 million to 500,000 or 300,000 but they no longer have much overhead on that figure and they are getting more income from DAZN or NBC, then that is fiscally beneficial for them.

sky88 wrote: »
    if the number are true on what they could get for selling the rights it will be worth losing the scriptitions to them in money terms. a lot more money on the table there.

Then realistly if they offer there archives at a lower rate there will still be people who subscribe just for that
    In truth perhaps they've been a bit generous in including PPVS in the package. If they're selling the rights and have to answer to someone else perhaps we might get a higher quality of content, but the way things stand I'm happy, and have, spent my money on NWA PPVS rather than the ****e wwe are currently serving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

In truth perhaps they've been a bit generous in including PPVS in the package. If they're selling the rights and have to answer to someone else perhaps we might get a higher quality of content, but the way things stand I'm happy, and have, spent my money on NWA PPVS rather than the ****e wwe are currently serving up.

ive been utterly spoilt by the streaming services as ill be honest dont think id ever buy a single ppv again

I would never buy a stand alone pay per view again. Even the biggest UFC show I just download.

I am sure whatever they do here, there will be some wringing of hands, particularly on social media, but the majority will move on and just get whatever service it is.

Monokne wrote: »

The point is can they ? Also, from reading what was said vince said there were several options including the current system(which no doubt won't stay at the price it is now) and they would explore options.

Espn+ isn't available here in Ireland as far as I know so it would cut off a large part of the viewers outside the US.

I'm not saying WWE shouldn't do it or stay as the are in any way with the network(even if they stay with it as is they need to raise prices/bring in tiers) it's the way this seems like a knee jerk reaction to what aren't great financial numbers.

• Advertisement

Can't wait to hear "hey, does anyone have a stream?" in PPV threads again. :pac:

The point is can they ? Also, from reading what was said vince said there were several options including the current system(which no doubt won't stay at the price it is now) and they would explore options.

Espn+ isn't available here in Ireland as far as I know so it would cut off a large part of the viewers outside the US.

I'm not saying WWE shouldn't do it or stay as the are in any way with the network(even if they stay with it as is they need to raise prices/bring in tiers) it's the way this seems like a knee jerk reaction to what aren't great financial numbers.

I hate to state the blindingly obvious, but obviously the only reason the conversations are happening is because there is at the very least some big money on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have a few days off so going to sign up for the free month. Any must watch shows that must be from 88-2000 era.

This looks tasty

https://youtu.be/QaEB5wQ45A0

First episode airs after NXT takeover tonight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This looks tasty

https://youtu.be/QaEB5wQ45A0

First episode airs after NXT takeover tonight

It’s actually available on demand now just got the notification.

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s actually available on demand now just got the notification.

The ruthless aggression era documentary is up ? Nice one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The ruthless aggression era documentary is up ? Nice one.

Is that a one-off or a short series?

5 episode series.

There are a few episodes which aren’t been released together but as to how many there are and how they are being released I couldn’t tell you off hand.

• Advertisement

There are a few episodes which aren’t been released together but as to how many there are and how they are being released I couldn’t tell you off hand.

It's a 5 episode series. One each week.

Advertisement