Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw the more ECW super-shows will be added to the network tomorrow. ECW is the one part of the network where I’ve not really dived into because of what I’ve seen in terms of edits because of music issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Second episode of Ruthless Aggression is boring as f*ck besides the reveal that Stephanie had seemingly never heard of freestyle rap

I watched the first episode of the ruthless aggression documentary series and I'm sure we all know that WWE at times likes to sugarcoat or omit things from the past and I've just accepted it because if I smell bull**** I'll go and find what really happened if I don't already know the real backstory.

With that being said WWE have outdone themselves big time in regards to their recent history. The name change from WWF to WWE happened in 2002 because of the panda crowd sueing the world wrestling federation and the WWF changed their name to WWE. That's well documented and known about. Until now, were it appears that the lawsuit wasn't the reason at all. It's brassneckness to a massive scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is funny to watch Cena WM 23 entrance again now that he is apart of F&F franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Schedule for Ruthless Aggression:
    ERA9-yvUEAAWNDi?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Btw the more ECW super-shows will be added to the network tomorrow. ECW is the one part of the network where I’ve not really dived into because of what I’ve seen in terms of edits because of music issues.

For the past 14 months, a couple of pirates have been downloading shows from the Network and re-dubbing them with audio from VHS rips. They also added footage that originally aired but was cut out for the Network. I haven't watched any but I can see the quality is only 720p with a bitrate of 3000 - 3500kbps, which is lower than the 1080p with a bitrate of 7808kbps the Network currently offers.

During last summer I watched a bunch of shows from 1993 and they were pretty good, but I stopped when I noticed every supercard from that year was missing. There's so much stuff missing, you can't watch any promotion in chronological order.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Quite enjoying the ruthless aggression series but as someone else noticed here 'a few tall tales were said' esp with the name change

Not sure if true but Cena almost getting released before he picked up the rapping gimmick. That was one hell of a development class back then Brock, orton, cena, batista etc. Odd seeing Cena with someone like Rico

I wonder will we eventually get 'the reality era' and 'the pg era' series

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Quite enjoying the ruthless aggression series but as someone else noticed here 'a few tall tales were said' esp with the name change

Not sure if true but Cena almost getting released before he picked up the rapping gimmick. That was one hell of a development class back then Brock, orton, cena, batista etc. Odd seeing Cena with someone like Rico

Well I've always heard that cena was in trouble before he went with the rap gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Well I've always heard that cena was in trouble before he went with the rap gimmick.

Not that surprising that he'd be struggling without a defined gimmick. Nobody ever said he was a ring technician.

PTH2009 wrote: »

That was in the sheets at the time. Have always heard it was true. Never heard Cena acknowledge he knew it but then I suppose he must have.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    Not that surprising that he'd be struggling without a defined gimmick. Nobody ever said he was a ring technician.

He was poor in the ring and never exactly seemed to expand his in ring ability. I mean it worked for hogan before him although as much I hate to say it hogan used a limited move set but he was capable of much more as shown by Japanese footage of him. Cena isn't a good wrestler and I make a distinction between that and Bret hart or ric flair who had certain signature moves and did them every match but they were able to adapt if needed.

He was poor in the ring and never exactly seemed to expand his in ring ability. I mean it worked for hogan before him although as much I hate to say it hogan used a limited move set but he was capable of much more as shown by Japanese footage of him. Cena isn't a good wrestler and I make a distinction between that and Bret hart or ric flair who had certain signature moves and did them every match but they were able to adapt if needed.

This is just wrong.

Without blinking I can think of 4*+ matches John Cena had with Edge, Orton, Batista, Umaga, Angle, Rollins, Michaels, Lashley, Punk, JBL, Rock, Owens, Styles - a raft of different opponents with different capabilities and different styles. Indeed you could argue his legacy was sealed with his US title open challenge at the back end of his career where he had really good matches with young guys every week on Raw.

He was never graceful nor could he throw a good punch but to say he was poor in the ring is absurd.

Did he get the people into his matches? Yeah he did. Did he take the audience on a journey? Yeah he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cena was never smooth in the ring but my god he had some classics as mon said

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Monokne wrote: »
    Indeed you could argue his legacy was sealed with his US title open challenge at the back end of his career where he had really good matches with young guys every week on Raw.

He was never graceful nor could he throw a good punch but to say he was poor in the ring is absurd.

The US Title run, and the series with Kevin Owens, were real quality. He was very meta at that stage as well, and throwing stuff into his promos to acknowledge/wind up Internet fans. I think we all remember his little "heel turn" dance. :D

This is just wrong.

Without blinking I can think of 4*+ matches John Cena had with Edge, Orton, Batista, Umaga, Angle, Rollins, Michaels, Lashley, Punk, JBL, Rock, Owens, Styles - a raft of different opponents with different capabilities and different styles. Indeed you could argue his legacy was sealed with his US title open challenge at the back end of his career where he had really good matches with young guys every week on Raw.

Did he get the people into his matches? Yeah he did. Did he take the audience on a journey? Yeah he did.
    Fair enough maybe saying he was poor in the ring wasn't correct or fair but he was limited in the ring. I don't think you or I are calling him the Second coming of jack Brisco are I ? The list of names he had four star matches with are some of the best to every do it so that does help a bit.

Fair enough maybe saying he was poor in the ring wasn't correct or fair but he was limited in the ring. I don't think you or I are calling him the Second coming of jack Brisco are I ? The list of names he had four star matches with are some of the best to every do it so that does help a bit.

Lashley? Umaga? JBL?

I deliberately listed those guys as he had the best matches of their careers, and none of them were known for 4* matches. Even Batista needed the right opponent.

There are two separate conversations here.

Was John Cena Bret Hart-like in his execution? Absolutely not.

Did Johns matches generally take the audience up & down and emotionally engage them? Resoundingly yes.

My own taste is, ironically given the conversation, for guys like Bret, Angle, or Benoit - tight, snug, detailed wrestling that feels closer to reality than most styles. However I can't diminish what John did just because it's not my ideal style. He was a mostly brilliant performer on the biggest stage.

Lookit I try to be positive on this forum and I wasn't trying to cause annoyance. Saying that cena was poor clearly wasn't the right way to describe him but as others have said he won't be remembered as the most graceful wrestler ever

So again all I'm trying to do is help this forum be a good one. Obviously we have different opinions of wrestling and we have different eras we like and don't like which is how things should be.

Of course. I am emphasising my point on the topic, I've nothing against you brother nor was/am I annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm trying to skip to a certain point watching NXT Portland but it's not allowing me. Am I missing something here????

Enjoyed this week's episode of ruthless aggression

Evolution was a fantastic stable, I always thought it was Jindrak that was replaced by Batista before the stable began and not in in middle of there run ??. Jindrak ****ed it up himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Enjoyed the latest Ruthless Aggression episode which focused on Lesnar.. his very early run which peaked at SS 02, was absolutely outstanding.. many people are jaded of him nowadays, but there really has been no one like him.. speed, power and I’d forgotten what an absolute ( sorry) beast he was in the early days

FCW documentary was fantastic, it was really insightful with what goes on behind the scenes of FCW for a developmental system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Why does the app make it so hard to see the schedule of what's on next?

Just spent ten mins trying to find out when the KO show starts etc. Very annoying.

Why does the app make it so hard to see the schedule of what's on next?

Just spent ten mins trying to find out when the KO show starts etc. Very annoying.

The KO show and PPV are LITERALLY on the first page you see when you open the wwe Network app.

The KO show and PPV are LITERALLY on the first page you see when you open the wwe Network app.

I have had the same problem as this before where I've to close and reopen the app multiple times for the latest content to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I have had the same problem as this before where I've to close and reopen the app multiple times for the latest content to show.

Yep same here. Using an LG TV (2019) with the app installed and iOS. Pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

New PS4 app is dogsh1te, I dunno how new it is because the month since the Rumble was my first sub since Mania and it was even free with a new Revolut card, but my god it was awful and i instead torrented the ruthless aggression eps I wanted to see

I can relate to Becky since I could only watch Smackdown on Sky One since I didn't have Sky Sports.

It has been hard not to show Chris Benoit at all throughout this series since he was a big part of that era.

The Ruthless Aggression series is amazing and brings back a lot of memories of the 2000s . Sky One Saturday mornings for SD with the taped Raw for Tuesdays after school

The first few drafts were great and you really got invested in them back then

• Advertisement

Given that we are on a lockdown but not a Spain and Italy lockdown the old WWE network may come into its own.

Anyway wrestlemania 29 is on the live channel today at 4:30pm if you need to pass a few hours.

Advertisement