Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

• 06-01-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The app just posted this:

"Join Mr McMahon, 'Stone Cold' and more for a groundbreaking announcement, LIVE on the WWE app, Wednesday at 9:30pm ET"

Interesting!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd wager it's the Network. Or some crap for Mania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

WWE Network/new TV deal announcement.

1525564_10153656546680720_732308403_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Should this have it's own thread? If it's going to be that ground breaking maybe it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really hope they offer live streaming for their PPVs.

The old PPV model is totally defunct.

$10-$15 for 1080p streaming, bump it up a little for the big PPVs, offer yearly packages and stuff.

I'd happily pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Might Vince be stepping down? He didn't look at all well the last night he was on. I'm just guessing here, but that'd be pretty big news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think it could be a few things rolled into one. The Network, Streaming, Physical WWE Hall of Fame as Vince is induced as he steps down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe Vince went and bought TNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

It's a ploy so that more people would download that bloody app...moreover, it adds an extra reason for Michael Cole to plug the app all night long, before the show, during every match, and during the ad breaks too...

It's not just going to be on the app,so I doubt it.
    Join WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon — along with WWE COO Triple H, 11-time WWE Champion John Cena, and WWE Hall of Famers "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels — for the announcement, which will be streamed LIVE from Las Vegas.

Watch LIVE this Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. ET on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, Google+, Pinterest and Pheed. Mark your calendar and get ready for the biggest revolution in sports-entertainment history.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Definately the network announcment, what else could it be? Austin coming outta retirement?

• Advertisement

It will be the end of old WWE/WCW/ECW stuff on Youtube once the network launches I'd imagine.One of the selling points will be their entire video library on demand,no ones going to pay for it if they can still easily access most stuff for free on YT or Dailymotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Definately the network announcment, what else could it be? Austin coming outta retirement?

What's so 'revolutionary' about a network announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Remember the last Revolution, it ended up being the Attitude Era mode in WWE 13.
    Typical that revolutionary thinking involves something from the past.

Because its the biggest change in WWE's business model since the introduction of PPV in the 80's,and a bit of a gamble.Though with each declining PPV buyrate it probably makes more and more sense to have guaranteed money coming in each month.

Every PPV (bar Mania) access to WWE's massive video library on demand plus stuff like Legends House for a small monthly fee instead of making people fork out $50+ each month just for PPV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Austin is taking over from Vince instead of HHH

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Last I heard WWE network plans were to launch it as an online service only, since they do not have a hope of convincing the needed 1-million people to subscribe. With online it'd be a fraction of the startup costs so a much higher chance of being a success.

Or maybe it's something else, like the site of WrestleMania 31. If Dixie's announcements taught me anything, it's keep expectations low!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

judging by the graphic they showed on raw with the new WWE logo (the one that was touted for the network) I would say it is definitely to do with the network

announcement_zps0644d539.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

agree it probably will be the network but am hoping he has bought either TNA or else gave Sting a contract for 1 match at Wrestlemania vs the Undertaker, a boy can dream :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

That not a new WWE logo is it? That's absolutely awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE in WWE fashion spoiled their own announcement:

wfIrl0l.png

http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/Mobile/UpcomingEvents.aspx?iid=4121687

• Advertisement

• I'd actually be kind of excited if it was like netflix but with WWEs massive video library and you could watch it through your PS/Xbox etc. Just hope its not like MUTV or one of those football club channels that shows the exact same shows every week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd honestly pay for this. It could be a great service. It'd be better than paying for the s###E on Irish Netflix anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A netflix style set up would be amazing.

I'd be regrettably optimistic (don't want to be let down). This isn't WWE films, WBF or the XFL. This is what WWE know. There is so much scope for shows and programmes. It could be something truly remarkable.

So much stuff that could happen once you are pass the bread and butter of PPV, Raw and Smackdown.

When I think of the the fringe WWE wrestling that have been broadcast in the last few years I've loved em all. Velocity, Metal, Main Event, Superstars, Heat, Shotgun, NXT.

Then you have the original programming Tough Enough, Total Divas, the WWE specials such as Vintage. So so watchable. Add to these quint stuff like legends house or tour diaries, interviews and the like. Hell we'd even stomach the odd WWE film.

You have the tape library to show classic shows and PPV. Which as a wrestling fan is like heroin to a junkie.

"Vince. Please please don't F this up"

• It would be class if it was a netflix type service.

A 24/7 channel though - not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just hope its not like MUTV

Me too, nobody wants to watch jobbers every week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

9:30pm Eastern would be 2:30am our time wouldn't it?

Archive VOD,streaming PPV's and TV shows for around the price Netflix charge (or slightly more) would be fine by me.Will probably be a VPN job for us though initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I heard they'll have a "Del Rio vs Sin Cara" week soon after launch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone staying up for this. Will watch if I wake around the time. 2am I believe.

Bix has a great summary here of all the gossip:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1914161-wwe-network-latest-buzz-surrounding-tonights-rumored-announcement

• Advertisement

Think I'll have to stay up for it after that video!

Advertisement