Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The boss battles you never beat.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

you could use the card game and easily end up with 100 immortalities and aura's and constantly limitbreak it to death

I read about that afterwards, although the card you need, if I remember correctly was difficult enough to acquire and very easy to miss, think you needed to get it off a character early in the game that didnt re-appear.
    krudler wrote: »
    You could cheat it by setting the ps2 clock forward a few days as well, you'd find him dead in a clearing.

There was also a chance to kill him without the battle, after the cutscene when ya first see him hes being wheeled away, if you're quick enough you can take out your sniper rifle and kill him right then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I read about that afterwards, although the card you need, if I remember correctly was difficult enough to acquire and very easy to miss, think you needed to get it off a character early in the game that didnt re-appear.

There was also a chance to kill him without the battle, after the cutscene when ya first see him hes being wheeled away, if you're quick enough you can take out your sniper rifle and kill him right then. :pac:

all you have to do is beat the Card club in the starting garden iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Dark Souls - Capra Demon

I chose the Capra Demon to post here but really it could have been a few different bosses. I got to a point where no matter what direction I went there was a section that I could not get past. I just remember this one boss better as it seemed so impossible. I would enter the arena and he would just jump and me and two seconds later I'd be dead. The other one that I couldn't work out how to kill was a big butterfly.

[/quote]

I hated this boss as well, made me quit the game for half a year and only came back to it after the advice of someone from here. Summon help! Get someone to help you in fact get two people to help you. Sound advice, and advice I used for the rest of that awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

all you have to do is beat the Card club in the starting garden iirc.

Yeah, she gives you Gilgamesh. You then use Quezacotl to refine it into 10 Holy Wards.
    You can also refine Lagunas card into 100 Heros, and Bahamut to 100 Megalixirs.

I think I did this with all my cards before Ultamecia at the very end.

And then there was Aura, you stock up on that...and then just use your Renzokuken over and over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, she gives you Gilgamesh. You then use Quezacotl to refine it into 10 Holy Wards.
    You can also refine Lagunas card into 100 Heros, and Bahamut to 100 Megalixirs.

I think I did this with all my cards before Ultamecia at the very end.

And then there was Aura, you stock up on that...and then just use your Renzokuken over and over and over

If you get back to the airship in disc 4 you can get unlimited cards, unlimited everything that cards refine into and completely and utterly break the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 BradClark

FFVII (Final Fantasy 7)

Emerald Weapon. This one was a pain in the butt trying to do. Now I'm relying on my memory and this was like 12 years ago or so, but I think it took me like 5 hours of solid gaming time to defeat.

All I can remember is that I had all 3 characters: Cloud, Barret & Vincent leveled up to max 99, I had Regen cast on all of them, Haste and that one that copies the materia summoning spells you do.

I then summoned Knights of the Round over and over and over untill my brain melted and my eyes glazed over from sheer bordem.

At the end when you finaly win, you get that crapy card, which you can give to the old man and the lake dries up into a mini desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

weiland79 wrote: »
    Dark Souls - Capra Demon

I chose the Capra Demon to post here but really it could have been a few different bosses. I got to a point where no matter what direction I went there was a section that I could not get past. I just remember this one boss better as it seemed so impossible. I would enter the arena and he would just jump and me and two seconds later I'd be dead. The other one that I couldn't work out how to kill was a big butterfly.

I hated this boss as well, made me quit the game for half a year and only came back to it after the advice of someone from here. Summon help! Get someone to help you in fact get two people to help you. Sound advice, and advice I used for the rest of that awesome game.

The feeling of going into the Capra Demon fight on a 2nd playthrough later in the game than you should and being completely overpowered and killing him in one hit is just amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Polar101

I couldn't beat the 'last boss' in Dark Souls, even though that was supposed to be easy. But I never went back to the game after I eventually gave up on that.

Tekken 6 had one battle in the story mode that was way too hard for me, since the opponent was able to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Couldn't beat Skeith from .Hack Infection
    My ass keeps getting handed to me, still have the file however I think I will need to start up a new game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I think the only Dark Souls boss that gave me a smack load of trouble was the spider woman in her lair, I think because when you reload you have to walk ages through that gloomy swamp just to get to her again so I kinda just gave up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The only boss I raged at was Ruby Weapon in FFVII.

Until I realised that you kill 2 party members before the fight :)

Advertisement