Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Plans for 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Thought yours was a pre face lift for some reason:confused::confused:
    No problem. :)
    Potential for even more fun so :pac::pac:
    Oh, yeah! Imagine it has a 2ZZ-GE compressor and 4WD. :D

The problem is I haven't a pile of money. Not even a hope to get some. ;)

But my long-term plan (2016 or later) is to import a 2010 (or newer) Camry Hybrid from Japan. It possibly would be an only one in Ireland, but I'm open to corrections.

Utilize boards.ie's detailing section to learn how to thoroughly clean the interior and exterior of my car to professional level.

Use this ability to go into work as a detailer on the black market undercutting every other detailer and driving them out of business.
    Once the competition is squashed, become self employed and start a self-marked grading scheme wherein i create a 'national standard' and adhere to force it upon anyone who attempts to get into detailing.

Lobby the government to accept this standard and that anything below this standard is dangerous. A dirty windscreen reduces your vision and is akin to sleeping while driving. This could result in numerous deaths (and we can't be sure that dirty cars haven't already caused several deaths on our roads).

Through government lobbying and befriending certain people, car detailing is a bi-annual requirement of all car owners, much like an NCT of sorts.

Detailing can only be carried out by certain detailers who are able to complete the work to an accepted national standard. As I have founded this standard only I can choose who is allowed to operate under it.

As I am now the only detailer in the country. With a population of over 4.5 Million, I can safely assume I've at least 1 million customers who are in need of my service or risk their car being seized.

I laugh hysterically amidst my piles of cash that I keep lying around the house. Eventually the public see through the sham of an effort, and it collapses from under me. I am bailed out by the government and continue to lead a lavish lifestyle regardless, living well beyond my means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

joujoujou wrote: »

But my long-term plan (2016 or later) is to import a 2010 (or newer) Camry Hybrid from Japan. It possibly would be an only one in Ireland, but I'm open to corrections.

I'm not one for toyotas, but that is a nice looking motor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

joujoujou wrote: »

Never even knew there was a camry hybrid so it would definitely be rare!!

If you ever fine a good place to find piles if money tell me too will ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

If you ever fine a good place to find piles if money tell me too will ya :P

Sure I will! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

My last 3 cars have been Merc's E200 . Looking to change for about 45K budget , What should I look at outside a Merc ?

johnplayer wrote: »
    My last 3 cars have been Merc's E200 . Looking to change for about 45K budget , What should I look at outside a Merc ?

Not a bmw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'm really liking the mazda 6 at the moment, looks stunning and not a car you see every 50 metres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

More bodywork
    Replace during the summer with something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Dord wrote: »
    More bodywork
    Replace during the summer with something better.

Brabus-Mercedes-Benz_A-Class_2012_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wash it.

:D

Although will probably wait to after all this crappy weather and treat it to a full Valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Get a new one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Get the a 100k service, belts and fluids changed, waterpump. Then restore pain work as it has a few scratches since arriving in Ireland and some new tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Sell car - work in progress, see sig
    Acquire promotion which provides company car - work in progress
    Buy cheap silly weekend car (MR2)/ cheap practical sideline (106 GTI/Focus)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

johnplayer wrote: »

A6, Jag.. something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Have been in love with the Audi TT for some time now.

All research done, moving home from New Zealand in a month and plan to buy then. Can only afford MKI so will aim for a good quality 225bhp model.

Then overhaul the audio...

Sit back and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Buy my first car!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Honda:

-NCT
    -Have rear bumper re-sprayed, boot lid dent repaired
    -Have on board navigation / TV / DVD set up in English

Golf:

-Sell it
    -ATS cups, if I can't sell it by the end of this month

Charade:

-Loooooads

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Major service at the end of the month and then a remap in a month or two after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

For the e60 :
    Sell it! (See link in sig :P )

For the truck:
    Full service to be done.
    LPG conversion (Priced at 1700, aiming for March)
    Acquire a tonneau cover
    tax

for the carina:
    Full service incl all filters due
    see to the cv boot/ joint / other issue causing the rattle when turning

others:
    Once the bmw is sold I intend to buy a cheap rwd car (like an e39/mx5/rx8 etc) and a project car (micra/fiesta etc from early 90's)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Cleveland, you could have had my 92 Renault 5 for a song if you got onto me a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'm in a bit of a fuddle, Have the 97 Civic Saloon, new timing belt, kit and water pump in her, NCT'd until feb 2015, coming up to 220,000 Miles.

But, Have been offered a BMW 2L 318, from 1998, with 25,000 genuine miles on her for free, (uncle's) 1 owner (himself)

Higher tax, higher insurance, probably small difference in petrol costs, don't know what to do.

padma wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a fuddle, Have the 97 Civic Saloon, new timing belt, kit and water pump in her, NCT'd until feb 2015, coming up to 220,000 Miles.

But, Have been offered a BMW 2L 318, from 1998, with 25,000 genuine miles on her for free, (uncle's) 1 owner (himself)

Higher tax, higher insurance, probably small difference in petrol costs, don't know what to do.

Take it and sell it make all dah muneh!

It would have sentimental reasons for my cousin who is passing it on to me. Plus, it be like a brand new beemer, my feeling is to sell on the civic, but who would buy a civic with that mileage on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

It would have sentimental reasons for my cousin who is passing it on to me. Plus, it be like a brand new beemer, my feeling is to sell on the civic, but who would buy a civic with that mileage on it.

People will buy anything if it's priced right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

You'd be surprised. List it and see?
    I bought a car with 420k miles on it, there are idiots like me out there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those Civics are popular irrespective of mileage, priced right and you will be beating potential buyers off with a stick.

there is definitely another 50000 miles til the next timing belt and nothing would need fixing, unless of course your bouncing over ramps 10 times a day etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Prius:
    - replace the Chinese ditchfinders with whatever is the most fuel efficient tyre on the market
    - plug-in conversion (in all honesty I probably won't be doing this as it will cost in the region of 4k)
    - speaker upgrade
    - proper dash-cam, wired in properly
    - continue to give condescending and patronising looks to anyone doing less than 50mpg or anyone in diesel cancer-mobiles

Other:
    - buy a large ****-off 4x4 or pick-up
    - start smoking fat cigars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

BMJD wrote: »
    Prius:
    - replace the Chinese ditchfinders with whatever is the most fuel efficient tyre on the market
    - plug-in conversion (in all honesty I probably won't be doing this as it will cost in the region of 4k)
    - speaker upgrade
    - proper dash-cam, wired in properly
    - continue to give condescending and patronising looks to anyone doing less than 50mpg or anyone in diesel cancer-mobiles

Other:
    - buy a large ****-off 4x4 or pick-up
    - start smoking fat cigars

Put the 4k towards savings and another k or two and buy a nice big American truck ala Cleveland.

Advertisement