Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Just reserved the dyson, anyone know if its any good, a quick search online looks like its a 4 year old model, but new energy regulation are stopping sales of hoover with over 1000W I think.

Can reserve it until Monday so handy to see if cyber monday can offer something similar instead.

Power city are doing the DC39 for 250 euro this weekend if there is one near u.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

Website gone to ****

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I went to Argos and I was able to order either iPhone 5 at the 339.99euro price to collect later, she said there was a white iPhone 5 coming in tomorrow, so I ordered that and will be picking it up tomorrow. :)

memopad ME170 back up to €99.99 now, trying to order it @ 59.99 for the last three ****ing hours :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭cmac2009

pah wrote: »
    memopad ME170 back up to €99.99 now, trying to order it @ 59.99 for the last three ****ing hours :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Same here. It's back as 99 euro but once you click to order it drops to 60. Says its available to order in my store but when I get to the end I get an email with no reservation number. It states out of stock at the end of the process. Anyone get a similar email with no reserve. number?

• Advertisement

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Same here. It's back as 99 euro but once you click to order it drops to 60. Says its available to order in my store but when I get to the end I get an email with no reservation number. It states out of stock at the end of the process. Anyone get a similar email with no reserve. number?

actually yeah, getting the same as you. Managed to reserve this camera seems to be a decent shooter. OH clamoring for a camera giving out that we use our phones too much and photos of birthdays etc aren't great as a result. Not in the market for going full DSLR, this looks like great value - decent reviews also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭leck

actually yeah, getting the same as you. Managed to reserve this camera seems to be a decent shooter. OH clamoring for a camera giving out that we use our phones too much and photos of birthdays etc aren't great as a result. Not in the market for going full DSLR, this looks like great value - decent reviews also.
    I have a Canon SX40 which I love, it's also a bridge camera similar to the SX510. The SX510 has been discontinued and it's been available at Argos for 159.99 for a number of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

If anybody has the pad reserved at the lower price and don't want can I have the code please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭mcw92

Just for people wondering, if the price says it is for today only, as in for the black friday event, and you have it reserved and its ready for collection, they will more than likely only honour the reserved price tomorrow and not after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭rameire

Argos black Friday event ends Monday.

as below terms and conditions apply.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    Argos black Friday event ends Monday.

Some deals end today, some last until Monday.
    Says on the page.

Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Site is a disgrace, as is the HMV/Xtra-Vision one too, have spent the day chasing stuff as I couldn't reserve it got some but not all, regarding the asus tablet it is in stock next week in the store I managed to reserve one in and as it is not a Black Friday offer it should remain at this price until close of business Tuesday, hopefully he said.

Site is a disgrace, as is the HMV/Xtra-Vision one too, have spent the day chasing stuff as I couldn't reserve it got some but not all, regarding the asus tablet it is in stock next week in the store I managed to reserve one in and as it is not a Black Friday offer it should remain at this price until close of business Tuesday, hopefully he said.

I wouldn't be too sure about that....
    2014_11_28_08_39_59_pm.png

Then again you never know, it might be on a new sale tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The hmv and xtravision ones are appallingly slow. Don't understand how they can setup a big sale on their site and not compensate for the increase in traffic. They know there's going to be a way bigger demand than normal yet don't prepare to control it with bigger servers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

did you get a reservation number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What happens if you reserve something and change your mind, can you just choose not to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Pangea wrote: »
    What happens if you reserve something and change your mind, can you just choose not to buy it?

Don't worry, you are under no obligation to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Samsung Galaxy 3 is €200 on Tescomobile this week-end.
    That's for the phone, I was asking if 229 for the 10" 16gb tablet 3 was a good price?

Pangea wrote: »

They will look for you.......They will find you.......and they will.......do nothing.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

fall wrote: »
    That's for the phone, I was asking if 229 for the 10" 16gb tablet 3 was a good price?

I'd like recommendations as well, I'm thinking of getting one of these for my parents (white for mam black for dad) is this a good buy? I can't afford the new top of the range unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Gonna throw my hat in the ring in case anyone has a spare code for any of the Cork branches.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Dont be fooled by the RRP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PowerShot-SX510-HS-Camera-Black/dp/B00EQ7EGXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417216093&sr=8-1&keywords=SX510

Its £140 on amazon, thats not saying its not good value, but it sure isnt €379 worth of a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Have code for two for clonmel, will be online for about another 30 minutes, will check in morning again. just pm me, think you have to take both if ordered in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

fergald wrote: »
    Have code for two for clonmel, will be online for about another 30 minutes, will check in morning again. just pm me, think you have to take both if ordered in two.

If it's a code for 2 of the tablets? Can I have it please. I'm also looking for 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Cheers OP got one the tablets @ 59.99, Great little tablet, some sound out of the speaker!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Hi MiskyBoyy,

just sent you a pm.

Kind Regards
    fergal.

fergald wrote: »

Whoever takes it you don't have to buy the two on the reservation just tell them at the till you only want the one. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

mcw92 wrote: »
    Whoever takes it you don't have to buy the two on the reservation just tell them at the till you only want the one. Sorted.

But I want 2! :D Worked out excellent that Fergal happened to have 2. Delighted, thanks Fergal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

New Paperwhite kindle in argos for €109 + €10 voucher,. Loads of stock around the country,
    Pajoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Asus seems to be €99.99 now only Dundrum has one to order but went to out of stock message when i tried just now with the price remaining at €99.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement