Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Pretty good price if you want little big planet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    This looks pretty good for jobs around the house..

Reserved one but will keep in under wraps from the missus or else she'll come up with a list of uses for it tonight is beer night must keep it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Just reserved a Sony KDL40R483 for €390.

Have been on the lookout for a 32" and had made up my mind to get a Samsung 5500 for €370 but for an extra €20 this seems too good to miss.

Anybody had any experience of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Any better offers on the ps4 around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The website is not doing well. Some items when clicked are bringing up normal prices and cant but or reserve anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Asus 7" MemoPad, currently the cheapest tablet on Argos.ie and even some stock available:

329836.jpg

If you want to reserve an item at black friday price and the site is not working.

By mobile text the catalogue number followed by a space and the store town name or number to 61201

By telephone reserve items by telephone by calling 0845 640 1010. See the catalogue for store numbers.

Edit: Seems to be the UK text number sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

srumball wrote: »
    If you want to reserve an item at black friday price and the site is not working.

By mobile text the catalogue number followed by a space and the store town name or number to 61201

By telephone reserve items by telephone by calling 0845 640 1010. See the catalogue for store numbers.

That's UK only I thought? Twitter feed also suggests that this isn't working so whole system is f**ked

TheDriver wrote: »
    That's UK only I thought? Twitter feed also suggests that this isn't working so whole system is f**ked

Yeah you are right. Sorry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Ipad Mini for 229 and down from apparently 319 and save 90...feckers that is 14 month old price before ipad mini 2 came....these are sucker deals...don't believe in those 40%-50% off banners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Quaderno wrote: »
    Asus 7" MemoPad, currently the cheapest tablet on Argos.ie and even some stock available:

Got one reserved for Tallaght. Gave the option for 2 available in Nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Irish reserve number is (01) 216 1616

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quaderno wrote: »

329836.jpg

Showing as 99 for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Showing as 99 for me.

Even on the reserve screen? Usually the price will adjust to the offer on the reserve screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

The Argos website is a nightmare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I reserved one to order at €59, it was showing at €99 until I chose the store!

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=647028

Even on the reserve screen? Usually the price will adjust to the offer on the reserve screen

Yup got it sorted. Present for the mother for Christmas sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

i reserved one yesterday for collection today but at 99 euro, dont suppose they will give it to me at the cheaper price. Doubt it think read somewhere they wont do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Managed to reserve the Asus tablet,ended up ringing the number posted on the previous page,website is a nightmare today.

• Advertisement

I reserved one to order at 59 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,284 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Website is err hit and miss but it did reserve for me eventually

I guess this 59 price won't be applicable if it's not bought today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just use the phone number if the website is dodge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

fergald wrote: »
    i reserved one yesterday for collection today but at 99 euro, dont suppose they will give it to me at the cheaper price. Doubt it think read somewhere they wont do this.

Try reserving one for the new price with a different email and if it works just don't bother collecting the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got one eventually thanks

I still haven't got the reservation email. Anybody else's taking ages ?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I still haven't got the reservation email. Anybody else's taking ages ?

Yep! But I did take a screen shot of the order confirmation...

Edit: I just got my email, about a five minute delay! ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Have reserved one in Clonmel so hopefully I get this price....won't be buying it if I dont!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

i think theirs a bug, you can order as many as you want to order, now you get no email.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement