Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Asus seems to be €99.99 now only Dundrum has one to order but went to out of stock message when i tried just now with the price remaining at €99.99.

A lot of prices have gone up,I was checking stock for some pressies and when I clicked them,the price was higher than on the listings page.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 movingstatue

Would appreciate if anyone has a code for PS4 lbp bundle €349. .any store..thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Tried for over 2 hours to get the Asus Memo and the stupid Argos site kept crashing and when I finally got to order it,it said outta stock even though I still got the text with an order number and an email with no order number or record of any order on it so if anyone has a spare code for Cork please let me have it. :)

Tried for over 2 hours to get the Asus Memo and the stupid Argos site kept crashing and when I finally got to order it,it said outta stock even though I still got the text with an order number and an email with no order number or record of any order on it so if anyone has a spare code for Cork please let me have it. :)

Try going to the store with the order number.I reserved one over the phone,just got a text with reservation code,gonna be some gas if they try to charge me €99.I'm sure the date on the text will suffice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

zerks wrote: »
    Try going to the store with the order number.I reserved one over the phone,just got a text with reservation code,gonna be some gas if they try to charge me €99.I'm sure the date on the text will suffice?

Was actually thinking that myself but it coming up as out of stock made me think I missed out but who knows now? :D

Think I might chance it alright but won't hold out my breath ha.

Looking now I tried twice.One text says I will get a text letting me know when it is in store and the other says it is held till the end of November 29th.

Will head in and give it a lash tomorrow. :D

The date on the text will definitely suffice for your order as they will well know it was on special offer today. :)

whats the story with reservations at different prices?

Reserved a few things yesterday to collect today but the prices have gone up!

Didnt think they had anything to do with black friday as they werent listed as black friday items.

Anyone know their policy?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

whats the story with reservations at different prices?

Reserved a few things yesterday to collect today but the prices have gone up!

Didnt think they had anything to do with black friday as they werent listed as black friday items.

Anyone know their policy?

Thanks

It's goodwill on the part of Argos but usually not a problem from all my reading of BA on boards.ie

The tendency is to give the item at the reserved price. As they arent obliged to it means a big "fair play" to Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

On the off chance someone has a code for the Asus in Dublin that they don't want I would love it. Spent ages trying to get it yesterday but couldn't even get on to the reserve page.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Is the asus memopad any good?
    Have one reserved but not sure whether to get it or not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is the asus memopad any good?
    Have one reserved but not sure whether to get it or not!

I've had mine for a year now and it's grand. Paid €159 for it which was cheap at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Reserved the Asus and got email confirming price and collection date of late next week. Was in dundrum today collecting something else and they honoured the reservation price on that but manager says seeing as Asus collection date is after black Friday weekend they will not honour price on that.
    Seems unfair they would allow you to reserve at a price knowing the item would not be in stock and then not honouring the price. False advertising? I have an email confirming lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Does anyone know how does the asus compare to a medion e7313

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Reserved the Asus and got email confirming price and collection date of late next week. Was in dundrum today collecting something else and they honoured the reservation price on that but manager says seeing as Asus collection date is after black Friday weekend they will not honour price on that.
    Seems unfair they would allow you to reserve at a price knowing the item would not be in stock and then not honouring the price. False advertising? I have an email confirming lower price.

Dammit! And my reservation is for Dundrum for collection next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

If anyone has a Dublin reservation for the iPhone that don't want for the lower price I'd really appreciate it. Price hone up now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Would appreciate if anyone has a code for PS4 lbp bundle €349. .any store..thanks in advance.

I'd love spare one too for dublin area if anyone has one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kneelson

smilerxxx wrote: »
    I'd like recommendations as well, I'm thinking of getting one of these for my parents (white for mam black for dad) is this a good buy? I can't afford the new top of the range unfortunately

v good price but I'd probably go for the lenovo 8" currently at 129 and 20 in vouchers off.. excellent tablet according to my tech savvy brother.. buy one, use 20 off second. . SND get second 20 in vouchers.. same applies to Samsung obviously but besides size,

smilerxxx wrote: »
    I'd like recommendations as well, I'm thinking of getting one of these for my parents (white for mam black for dad) is this a good buy? I can't afford the new top of the range unfortunately

v good price but I'd probably go for the lenovo 8" currently at 129 and 20 in vouchers off.. excellent tablet according to my tech savvy brother.. buy one, use 20 off second. . SND get second 20 in vouchers.. same applies to Samsung obviously but besides size,

Kneelson wrote: »

whoops. .. fat finger!! besides size, there isn't enough if a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

whoops. .. fat finger!! besides size, there isn't enough if a difference

Between that and the 59 one? The better screen and CPU would be worth it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Thanks Kneelson, I had bought the Lenovo for the other half but was going to get the samsung today instead. I think I will stick with the Lenovo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JCbiker

celbo75 wrote: »
    Have reservation for Nutgrove for Asus Memopad @ €59.99 if anyone wants it :)

I'll take it if you still have it thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I have a reservation for Tullamore for the Asus memo if anyone wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

BigCon wrote: »
    I have a reservation for Tullamore for the Asus memo if anyone wants it?

Are the prices being honoured?

beauf wrote: »
    Between that and the 59 one? The better screen and CPU would be worth it for me.

no .. rather than the Samsung galaxy 10" for €229

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Are the prices being honoured?

They should be up until the close of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

no .. rather than the Samsung galaxy 10" for €229

So should I buy them lenovas? I was hoping for 10 inch screens because mam is learning and dad lives big screens

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

I have a reservation code for the Asus Memopad for collection in Limerick today, but the person who was to collect it for me has let me down so it's up for grabs if anyone wants it.

Happy to forward on the email with the €59.99 price on it, too, to ensure you get the reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I've a spare reservation code for the DYSON DC19TB3 BLS CYL @€;189 in Dundalk Retail Park until 18:00 today.

Pm me if you want it. I picked up mine today and they honoured the price. (was showing the 279 at the till)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Code now gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement