Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this December: New Year Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just finished brothers: a tale of two sons. Gorgeous game,well worth the fiver in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

A fiver you say for Brothers. Might get a piece of that if it's still there.

Finished Assassins Creed 3 finally, meh.
    Walking Dead next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finished Spec Ops the Line on Xbox and finished Mark of the Ninja on PC. Both great games. Quite happy with my progress over the last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Finally got around to finishing Max Payne 3. Don't really know what to make of it.

The Last of Us next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Finished Uncharted 2 last night.

Definitely better than the first....but it also annoyed me a lot of the time.
    It has a lot of areas where you 'know' there will just be loads of enemies coming up.
    It's often the case that you clear a wave...and then suddenly get shot in the back as a new one appears.
    I solve these terribly intricate puzzles in an amazing way to get to a hidden location....only to find that every soldier and nazi has managed to do it before me an already figured it out.

The acting was excellent though

I'll start no.3 later

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Finished Tear Away so far.
    Need to try to get through these (all in play at the moment) - Ni No Kuni, Killzone, Stay Alive, GTA Liberty Stories, Stealth (enjoying replaying the old level and rooting out the hidden helix's).

Want to get to
    Dishonored (GOTY), Batman the origins one, and to clear space for Thief and others later in the year. Getting tempted by Assassin's Creed, but the last one was one of the few I walked away from in disgust so terrified will have the same reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dishonored deserves to be played twice, both extreme ways.
    Violent and non-violent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished Rise of the Triad (2013). Great fun except for the last boss that was a pain in the ass and kept bugging out on me before I finished him off, really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Finished Metro Last Light, good game but a bit too easy on hardcore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished DMC today. Really good game. I would say MGR has better combat but DMC holds it's own pretty well and the story is decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's Guacamelee out of the way. Delightful little game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rogue Legacy down, I'm on a roll today :) 17 hours and 151 children.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Finished LoZ: A Link Between Worlds over the weekend. What a game!

Perhaps a little short for the main quest but the pacing was so perfect I don't know if I would change it. One of my favourite Zelda games.

I had never played A Link to the Past so I don't know if that was an advantage or disadvantage for enjoyment. I'll go back and play it soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger added to my list. Really enjoyed it.

Tomb Raider beaten. It wasn't exactly a Tomb Raider game but it was enjoyable for what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bioshock Infinite and Remember Me both done in recent days. Hoping to get Metro 2033 done by the end of next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Finished Zelda A Link Between Worlds a couple of days ago. Fantastic game, was disappointed when it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Just finished Dust: An Elysian tale, enjoyable enough. Have gone back to Lego Batman 2: DC Superheros. I have no idea what i am supposed to do (dropped in the middle of an old save that i havent touched in over a year). ANyways of finding out what next i should be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Just finished Dust: An Elysian tale, enjoyable enough. Have gone back to Lego Batman 2: DC Superheros. I have no idea what i am supposed to do (dropped in the middle of an old save that i havent touched in over a year). ANyways of finding out what next i should be doing?

I managed to beat fifa 14.....by ****ing it in the bin!!!:pac:

in all seriousness
    Mgs sons of patriot , finally finished it :D
    Skyrim , finally finished it as well, found the whole game boring and dull, was amazing at first then it wore off :/ pity took me 2 years too finish it , so that says it all really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Finished Tomb Raider a few days ago and Hotline Miami last night.

Tomb Raider is brillinat, I was playing Uncharted 3 at the same time and didn't go back once I had started Tomb Raider. This could have something to do with the fact that I had TR on Xbox and I despise the DS3.

Hotline Miami is a great little game, very addictive I can see why it gets the praise. Perfect for Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Mass Effect 3 and Link Between Worlds done. Arkham Origins I give up on, it's rubbish. Not even the glitches people talk about either, it's just a bad game.

Will go for Dishonored next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I've figured out the solution to my gaming problem. Play wii u and vita when the missus is watching telly and play the xbox when she's gone to bed or out. Seems simple but its amazing how many times I'd sit watching rubbish on the telly instead of having a game on the xbox instead. Its all about organisation for me so having the right disc in the drive already installed on the hard drive etc.. all I need to do is press go essentially.

Anyway...

Particularly delighted I got through Bulletstorm as my xbox has gotten very little play since getting the Wii U.

One good thing about backlog playing is that the cost has already been incurred ie it feels like youre playing free games even though you know they're not.:D

Wii U
    • New Super Mario Bros Wii U (played this off and on since pre xmas but finally beat bowser last night)
    • Lego City Undercover (finished this one earlier in the month. You could play it forever though in fairness. So much to do and see)

Vita
    • Tearaway (Just great this one. Highly recommended)

Xbox 360
    • Bulletstorm (Just completed it last night after completing Mario. Happy I played it. Been sitting on a shelf for at least a year! )

Now for Feb...

Wii U...

Need to finish Rayman Legends. I'm quite far on but got distracted by Mario.
    And I'd like to get through Resident Evil 4. I have it for the original Wii.

Vita...

Not sure yet. Considering Sould Sacrifice but after the first hour of play I'm unsure if its my type of game. That said it strikes me as a game I could easily loose lots of hours to without noticing.

Xbox...

So many options here but for now I'm thinking...

Hitman Absolution.

Probably a lot in that but I reckon I'll be able to get through the bulk of it in a month.

Loving the idea of this thread btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Finished Dishonoured there.

What a terrific game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just finished OUTLAST really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Literally just completed Mass Effect 2.

Thought it was a really enjoyable game. Gameplay mechanics were decent, enemies were bullet sponges but other than that I really liked it.

Downloading ME3 now. Thanks PS+ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tomb Raider beaten. It wasn't exactly a Tomb Raider game but it was enjoyable for what it was.

Looking forward to that next!

(or Far Cry 3, or Red Dead....I am torn!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Zelda A Link between worlds.

First game I've completed in a LONG time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

noodler wrote: »
    Looking forward to that next!

(or Far Cry 3, or Red Dead....I am torn!)

Red dead was probably the best game of last gen for me, I'm so jealous that you can play it with fresh eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Beat Arkham city the other day and am just starting on the Dead Space series

Advertisement