Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this December: New Year Edition

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So the tally for last month for me is:

Shin Megami Tensei IV
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3D
    Bioshock 2

I'm started his month off by finishing Gone Home. Great game and quite moving.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I need to start powering through Steam sale games so
    The walking dead EP1
    A wolf among us EP1

Followed by Spec ops maybe

My aim is at least one (non rpg) game a week until march as march/april look like right offs with releases

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Planning to start on Guacamelee tonight. On honeymoon for 3 weeks of January so doubt I'll finish it before the end of the month, might get through a game or two on my Nexus 7 though, think I'm close enough to the ends of both Swordigo and The Room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Only finished Shadow Warrior last month. Decent game overall, nice throwback to the FPS games of years past.

Currently working on:
    Mark of the Ninja
    Darksiders II
    Desktop Dungeons
    Final Fantasy VII (Hardcore Mod)

League of Legends is just way to distracting for me to expect to finish anything but Mark of the Ninja.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bought Rayman Legends on New Years Eve, had it finished with my friend a few hours into 2014, great start to the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Finished Fire Emblem, Pokemon Y and Ocarina on 3DS and GTA V last month. This month's plan:

Mass Effect 3
    Dishonored
    Link Between Worlds
    Uncharted Golden Abyss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I think my new years resolution should be to clear my backlog. Have to finish GTA V, Pokémon X, Last of Us(bout a quarter of the way through that & I still haven`t got to grips with the combat, I just entered the subway which I heard was a tricky part) & try Assassins Creed IV again & A Link Between Worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Last month was a write off. Played another run through of Dark Souls but neglected 2 games I'm on the final boss of!:rolleyes:

I've now begun Dragon's Dogma which I am currently undecided on but will probably plough a fair amount of time into but can't see me finishing this month.

Also got 5 new games over Xmas!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

finished Binary Domain the other day after it sitting in my pile for about 6 months.

Have to say I really enjoyed it. I found it to be a compelling story and the gameplay was oddly addictive. It's got some issues but for less than a tenner it was a cracking play through. I can see the complaints levelled against it but they in no way took away from my enjoyment of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got call of duty ghosts and gta5 finished in December, for January I've finished red dead redemption (after leaving it for over a year). Still have undead nightmare to do.

I should be able to finish far cry 3 in the next few days before back to work, and I'll tip away at max Payne 3, brothers and something else for the rest of the month.

These threads are a great idea. Ive loads of games that ive gone three quarters of the way through and abandoned them for something else, really enjoying them again after the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Dragons Dogma: What an amazing game. The scale in some of the boss battles is throughly breath taking , hope they make a sequel.

Metal Gear Rising Revengence: This is my game of year for 2013 , the action, story , music and presentation all just so badass , a masterpiece as far as I am concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Went on a Vita Run in December.

Rayman Legends
    Tearaway
    Persona 4 Golden

Playing through Soul Sacrifice now

Also I think these were all December

Resogun
    Killzone Shadowfall
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

And so far in 2014

Rain

Absolutely loved all the Vita games and still playing through Spelunky (So damn tough)

Found Killzone to be quiet average while Resogun is amazing. Looking forward to any DLC for it.

Rain and Brothers are both beautiful short games.

Not really sure what to go and complete in January. I bought ME2 so possibly that and ME3 but I've no major urge to finish a game this month.

Edit: Actually I forgot that I've DMC free so once I go back for work I'll get at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not a full game as such but I finished Walking Dead 400 Days

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Finished Max Payne 3 after finishing Bioshock Infinite in November

I am determined to get the main quest in Skyrim done and as many side quests as possible by end of January, I tend to play it in large doses for a couple of weeks and leave it for months. I think is now the time to get it finished and put it away for the forseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finished State of Decay and Brothers over the last few days.

I can see now why Brothers has got so much praise. Thought it was an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Far cry 3 finished just now. To anyone who hasn't tried it. Do. It's epic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

beat rage about half an hour ago. agree with the rest of the universe about how bad that ending was. Game itself wasn't great either. 90% boring, 10% awesome. and so ****ing easy on nightmare.

Polished off A Link Between Worlds this morning, great game.

Polished off A Link Between Worlds this morning, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Finished Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask today, very enjoyable and I have Azran Legacy to play once I'm done with A Link Between Worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Saints Row:4 in the can.

now time to move onto Just Cause 2 and Bioshock Infinite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Just finished Dishonoured,really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

folan wrote: »
    Saints Row:4 in the can.

now time to move onto Just Cause 2 and Bioshock Infinite.

Just Cause 2 was great fun. The story is completely trash but that's not really the point of the game. It is also a very impressive game on a technical level with the size of the open world and no loading.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

JC2 is excellent fun right up to the point where it suddenly becomes unbelievably boring

but you'll get a good load of hours out of it before that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Finished The Last of US, loved it. Best story I have ever played in a game.

Playing Dishonored and Journey at the moment, enjoying both

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

beat rage about half an hour ago. agree with the rest of the universe about how bad that ending was. Game itself wasn't great either. 90% boring, 10% awesome. and so ****ing easy on nightmare.

I found the scorchers dlc had a pretty decent and tough final boss which was very good although I need to go back and finish the fight.

Finished Brothers over the xmas and was my game of the year. Never spent as much of a game with a grin on my face.

Currently about 70% through Arkham Blackgate on 3ds and dipping into Super Mario World on Wii u, Outlast on pc, rain and mirror of fate on ps3 and hoping to get into arkham origins/deus ex on wii u soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Finished Halo 4 last night. What a great game, I think people are crazy when they say it was a dip in quality. Slightly different style for sure, but wonderful. I have about 6 or 7 games halfway through beating so either January or February will be a big month where I knock a good few of them off the list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just beat Dragons Crown there. Started off decent then by the halfway mark became an absolute blast. Had a lot of fun with it. 16 hours play time it says, I honestly thought it was a lot less I was having so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Finished Uncharted Golden Abyss so far this month. Mass Effect 3 and Link Between Worlds are next. Possibly Arkham Origins, but it's not really grabbing me as much as I wanted it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

WHen I am finished my exams I have two weeks off. Hopefully I can finish Halo 4 at last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Finished Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask today, very enjoyable

I finally finished that yesterday. Been playing it irregularly for a few months.

Other game I've finished this month - Assassin's Creed 3.

Advertisement