Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Ampera available in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's a petrol car too. Unlike, say, a leaf which doesn't use petrol.

But shur that's only bollox.

It doesn't use petrol to propel the car. It's basically just a generator to charge the battery. So how they can class it as a "petrol" car is beyond me.

Not a rant at you Col.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

Soarer wrote: »

It doesn't use petrol to propel the car. It's basically just a generator to charge the battery. So how they can class it as a "petrol" car is beyond me.

Not a rant at you Col.

I think revenue would say there is CO2 coming out the exhaust pipe so VRT is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Soarer wrote: »

Not a rant at you Col.

But you put petrol in, exhaust gasses come out, they've tested the emissions and all and there are some!
    Otherwise you'd have range rover v8s with enough battery power to do 2 miles and they'd be zero emissions. Where would you draw the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Oh yeah, forgot about the emissions!

But of a spa!

Advertisement