Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burning oil

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

ok i cant seem to get the pressure down it up to 30/35 , i have bleed rads so what can i do to get pressure down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

tfromkerry wrote: »
    ok i cant seem to get the pressure down it up to 30/35 , i have bleed rads so what can i do to get pressure down

Make sure the filler valve is completely shut. Then if you bleed enough water from a rad the pressure will drop. There should also be a drain cock at your boiler. Attach a hose to that and drain some water
    Ps make sure the heating system is off and cold too

Ok to end this thread

I done what last post suggest and it worked out so thanks to him :D

And i turn stat on cylinder down to min 20c which i will be increasing through out the week . Also when system was off i bleed the rads and now all is perfect .

Running the way i think its best and the overall heat output froms rads seems way better .

Thanks to all who posted replies and just show you that if you ask questions sooner on later you will get the proper answers at the end :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Ok to end this thread

Ah feck it, it wasn't his turn. It was my go.
    Grrrrr.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Well done dec , you obviously speak in a language the OP can understand . Well earned pint needed after that one me thinks

• Advertisement

Egass13 wrote: »
    Well done dec , you obviously speak in a language the OP can understand . Well earned pint needed after that one me thinks

It's in my hand as I type!

The pint I mean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The pint I mean :)

Haha , ye had me there . I was thinking god that lad is talented

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Ok to end this thread

If Scudo reads your comments he'll explain his thoughts on miserably gits who have issues with thanking peeps.

Please dont go touching it again my head is delicate just now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Did you close the discombobulator first?

Joke...glad it got sorted in the end

• Advertisement

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Did you close the discombobulator first?

Joke...glad it got sorted in the end

I just closed it now with a wisenheimer , as there seems to be plenty on here .

One would wonder why people comment on posts if it annoys or irritates them . In future maybe just pass by and let who wants to help help and let the Smart Alex alone for the children :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

this thread just made my NYE, thanks op :D

Advertisement