Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 4: Run, run fast -- the after hours weather thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

off topic in the off topic thread ,Britains killer storms now on more 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Clamball wrote: »
    Up a mountain in Donegal said

Fed up from Mayo

I am going out to feed the sheep 3 mountains over, I will let you all know what it is really like when I get back.

Sheep Rustler saya:

How'd ya get on with dem der sheep?

Ya get 'em fed or ya get blown away?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Everyone living in Clare said

it's just raining in Clare. Why can't we ever have proper weather like the rest of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

I kinda know what I'm talking about

Looks like potential severe event in 42 days time, bit to far out to tell yet but think it's worth starting a thread b4 anyone else gets in first

I really know what I'm talking about

Yeah if that came off would be severe but GME, UKMO, FAI & FIFA not all aligned and still in fantasia timeframe so one to watch if you've got nothing better to do

I definitely know what I'm talking about

Very similar set up to the one I remember on 12th Dec 1632 when Galileo started teaching me charts, real potential but in my experience normally swings at a 53 deg angle just at last minute & unlikely to come off so calm down, calm down (I'm off to Tesco to stock up)

I really really know what I'm on about, everyone knows I know what I'm on about & once I speak all listen

Real threat with this one, early alert, would say 30% chance I'm right, 30% chance I'm wrong, 30% chance of somewhere in between

I can now pretend I know what I'm on about

Agree similar to my analysis (i.e I've read previous posts) but don't think it will be quite as severe, would expect a downgrade

I really wish this was the big one

If this comes off could be worse than 1982, 1967, 1998, 1997, 1833, all combined :eek::eek::eek: Of course it mightn't come off but really feel this could be extra severe (obviously I don't condone any ramping and am not prone to exaggeration or wishing for extremes)

I care about mankind not the weather as you all should

It's appalling here that people are deliberately interfering with the weather with no regard for life and them coming on to this forum to gloat about how they manipulated the 00z just to increase the severity and cause more injuries

I can't believe this is happening - here comes the crowds

It's on, the ECM, GFS, CIA, FBI, MI5, KGB & Met.ie are all aligned, surely this is a red red alert alert. This could be epic, so please take care, I expected a downgrade like every storm in the last 350 years but looks like this is going to happen

Couldn't be arsed reading any of the posts

When will this effect me, I'll email u all my travel plans over next 3 days and if you wouldn't mind letting me know exactly the impacts on just me, me, me. & btw thanks

I don't believe this is happening

There's 2 ft of snow outside my door, 3 windows have blown in, I'm without electricity, the roof is creaking but I'm really expecting a major downgrade, we never get severe events in Ireland so will definitely downgrade

This is happening - epic

Wow, never heard anything worse, think the world is going to end, epic, blizzard, tornado, jet sting, earthquake, think Dublin mountains might have volcanic eruption soon

This is happening - I'm tough guy

Have seen bigger breezes from a straw, this is way over hyped, if my roof blows off I'll just walk out & put it back on, 6ft of snow is nothing u should live in North Pole like I did without a tent to really see extreme

Post mortem b4 it's started

I know this storm is due to start tomorrow but this has been a non event and shame on those that dared to make a forecast of 120km when in actual fact it was/will only be 119.9999km

Time to close thread
    I'm sick of flight updates, bickering, one word responses, 1800 pages, upgrades, downgrades, charts, post-mortems, off topics, banning etc.. I'm closing up and never returning

:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

That sums up every big event ever....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

All I need to hear is off shore winds, the more the merrier. ..

Im a surfer ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AerynSun

Ah now, I think I just fell in love. A weather thread that has everything in it that a girl could want. Heaven. :)

BTW - if anyone sees my dog, my trampoline or my trailer full of rustled sheep... give me a buzz, willya? Ta ever so much! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

It never was said:

Is it true that Rockall was built by the Norsemen to store gold? Cuz if that's still there, I see a break at +216 and cud probly row there from Inishowen if anyone cares to come along be at the beach at 0400.

Half Full Cranium said:

Sad news, my dad passed away laughing at Steopo's post. On the bright side, we have an unopened six pack in the fridge.

Blatant Lie said:

Just in from the shops, wind is easily 300 miles an hour just above the town.

Married a wetterzentrale girl said:

I did so. Finally found a model I could believe in.

Moorepark or bust said:

Wind gusting to 20 knots at Moorepark. That must be an all-time record.

_ said:

Hello, I'm underscore and I am new here. There's a whole forum to discuss weather? Kewl. I have weather every day here. Is that generally the case?

George Costanza Jr said:

0105h and 478 viewing, 296 members, 180 guests, 2 NSA spies. Tells you this is no ordinary non-event.

Heard a bang said:

Mrs HAB phoned from work where she heard a very, very loud bang. Is anyone in the general vicinity of Thurles and could check the Three Dead Parrots Pub? That's where she works. Don't confuse it with the Four Live Parrots Pub which is similar from the outside.

George Costanza Jr said:

0105h and 478 viewing, 296 members, 180 guests, 2 NSA spies. Tells you this is no ordinary non-event.

NSA Spy said:

One of those is me. Are you planning to finish that pizza tonight because you should put it in the fridge otherwise.

Heard a bang said:

Mrs HAB phoned from work where she heard a very, very loud bang. Is anyone in the general vicinity of Thurles and could check the Three Dead Parrots Pub? That's where she works. Don't confuse it with the Four Live Parrots Pub which is similar from the outside.

NSA Other Spy said:

When we are in Thurles gathering information, we often stop in at the Five Possibly Living Parrots Pub which is far, far better and has excellent pub lunches for under ten euros. We consider Thurles to be a possible hotbed of anti-American agitation and will soon close in on the ringleaders, thus securing the liberty of our homeland for at least ten more years. We monitor here all the time so as to avoid bad weather which interferes with our radio communications with NSA HQ in Maryland. This stuff you've been reading about the HAARP is all true actually and you should

NSA Spy said:

Sorry but NSA Other Spy has had to return to our waiting aircraft for debriefing on a sensitive matter. How's the weather looking for a body drop near the middle of Lough Derg tonight?

Eight Post Expert said:

I am still waiting for anyone to take up my challenge to predict the wind speed at the M6 buoy tomorrow. So far I have revealed my own prediction which is 2 knots. Does nobody have the guts to take me on?

• Advertisement

Everyone living in Clare said:

The weather always goes north or south of us. We seem to be in a dead zone between two really, really windy places, the north and the south of us. It breaks my heart sometimes. We can't even seem to get a sting jet here, those just skip over and start up over Offaly.

Offaly Serious said:

This is news to me. I've been here since the 14th century and have never once seen or heard a sting jet. I did see an A380 through a break in the overcast last Tuesday.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

eskimocat wrote: »
    Windyslacks: Ah lads, did you get the Isle of Man moved out of the way yet? I smell snow in the air and there is a TV licence inspector in Donegal forecasting a whiteout!

(Cue picture of map with giant middle finger pointed to IOM LOL)

Fixed your post
    482943[IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/<a class=outboundlink data-outboundlink=http://www.boards.ie/out?f=374&url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnBpeC5pZSUyRmlyaXNoc3RldmUlMkYzNDY3MjUw&h=5d9bf href=http://pix.ie/irishsteve/3467250 target=_blank >[/img]40FD3B3D27234557B89D43BC1405F824-0000369509-0003467250-00362L-46FEBE17A118450ABABCA143D1C95E24.jpg40FD3B3D27234557B89D43BC1405F824-0000369509-0003467250-00362L-46FEBE17A118450ABABCA143D1C95E24.jpg

By the way, Mr Man, did anyone tell you that by the feel of it, your prostate is somewhat enlarged, and you might want to get it checked out when you get 5 minutes.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Heard Something Bang said:

Heard something bang.

Pedantic Pedagogue said

We have to analyse this report in more depth. The information given above is incomplete, so we will have to analyse it in more depth in order to validate the report.

From the information given, in ISA, we can assume that the speed of sound is standard, so will travel about 1 mile in 7 seconds.
    We also know that the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second.

On that basis, if we also heard the bang, but saw nothing out of the ordinary, we can only draw one of the following conclusions.

1. The OP is lying, it would be impossible to hear a bang and not see the action that caused it.

2. The OP is delusional, and didn't actually hear anything at all.

3. Something is misbehaving, and he needs to be infracted for trying to deceive the OP.

4. There is a significant and dangerous malformation in the space time continuum that is allowing past events to reappear in present time, so an event that took place in the past is somehow also appearing somehow in the present.

5. None of the above are true, and you've just wasted 30 seconds reading yet another load of b*ll S**t that was posted just because I've got access to a keyboard and a few minutes with nothing better to do than dream up some amazingly believable concepts.

6. This is the weather forum after hours thread, so any or all of the above are possible.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Vacant Skull: The 2015th Annual Boards Weather Competition Results are as follows: (making the usual adjustments for late entries, the extra 5 shopping days announced by Government for the month of December and omitting June as it was agreed there was no actual weather that month) .

Congratulations to our winner and long time lurker :

AlwaysPlacesInTopThree
    48/50 Highest score on record since 2083!First Prize Cheque is in the post..honest.

DratJustMissedOut
    47.5/50 Second place, Packet of Crisps on the way to you!
    ITotallyGuessedIt 47/50 Just pipped for second by guessing only 4 additional shopping days to be announced in Dec.
    The 'Mean' Machine
    43/50 Well done Boardsies improving as a group! Keep at the charts, you'll be able to read them some day!

:cool:

You missed Con Sensus there, methinks.

Storms are coming in every day now, may need to split my person(ality) into two, Odd and Even Days MTC.

I would obviously be Odd Days MTC, who would like to be Even? Stephen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

This thread is very inappropriate for both the Weather forum and the Science Category and goes way beyond the spirit and intent of the forum.
    Like it says in the OP title it's: "after hours." We already have chat threads in the forum.
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement