Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 4: Run, run fast -- the after hours weather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Heard a Bang said:

You won't guess what just happened.

I know Shannon radar is working again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Tazio wrote: »
    The Shannon radar is working again.. I sware!

No seriously......

;)

Not for long.

Just about to ring them and complain its interfere with my broadband again.

Honestly, what's all the fuss about? It causes interference, I ring 'em up and they turn it off and I can go on PageFace once again. Simples :D

Heard a Bang said:

You won't guess what just happened.

Ouch replies:

a flying ridge tile hit you on the head?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush says, everyone banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Tactical wrote: »
    Ouch replies:

a flying ridge tile hit you on the head?

No longer able to hear at all said:

You must be psychic or something, mate. Didn't half sting.

Must know immediately said:

Sting. That reminds me, sting jet -- what time at Tullamore? I have a tee-off booked for 10:18 Sunday and hoping the sting jet has blown through by then as my game goes to pieces in 200 km/hr winds.

Very new member said:

Is this normal weather forum chat? I thought weather was like what's happening outside?

Dingo ate my baby said:

I'm in Oz and it's blistering, there was a southerly burster yesterday but now it's howling straight from Wagga Wagga and they say we might be as hot in Wollongong as they were in Kalgoorlie. Right in the mayor's office for me as I have a keg to drain before the barbi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Originally posted by AlwaysLookontheBrightSideofLife
    I WAS PROMISED THIS!!! I WAS PROMISED THIS!!! I WAS PROMISED THIS SINCE LAST WEEK!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Really knows his stuff said

DUB 4542Z 54560 RE454032
    ORK 45029 Z3045 3492JHOO

Travel expert said

If you follow www.gotomywebsite.not.irel.ok you will see that flight RZX123 is hovering 20m off the ground due to a really angry wind

Long suffering Mod said
    On-topic only folks take the airplane stuff to the hobby forum

Interested in everything said
    Oh my wives brothers exgirlfriend first boyfriend is on that flight, what are the chances it will land.

Scared of weather said
    Oh no what is going to happen to the airplane and those lovely people on board.

Long suffering Mod said
    Final warning folks

Lets all get along said
    But it is all good that we know about the weather and flights and trains and Christmas and Santa. There are loads of kids waiting to know if Santa will be able to travel in this weather, it is all inter-related.

I have seen worse before said
    I remember one Christmas Eve when I was helping out at the North Pole we have 20 Santas and reindeer all stacked up ready to take off and the wind was force 15 and we still got everyone off the ground.

A man & his wife were asleep when suddenly the telephone rang.

The husband picked up the phone and said, "Hello? How the heck do I know? What do I look like, a weatherman?" He then slammed the phone down and settled into bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife.

"I don't know. It was some guy who wanted to know if the coast was clear."

2 Vague said:

I was planning to take the N9.

Server Overload Girl said:

I was just on it.

2 Vague said:

Was that u in the car?

Server Overload Girl said:

I think we are meant to talk only about the weather. It was pouring.

Now Wearing One of Those Cone Thingies said:

Hate to interrupt the lovefest but could somebody perhaps suggest an effective pain reliever from items commonly found in a pantry?

M.T. Cranium said:

I can hardly wait to see this thread in about eight hours when I wake up, we'll know a lot more after the 12z runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

UdderBullchitter said:

I don't post here but love reading all the posts so thanks to MT, Maq and all the experts on here for keeping us up to date with the weather and stuff. On a serious note I've to cycle down to the field in 3 weeks time to milk the cows and wondering what the weather will be like or will the road be closed or flooded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Lightening Lover:

I think I just saw a flash of lightening (sic) but there's no thunder :(

Me:

It's spelled LIGHTNING YOU CRETIN!

Mod:

keith16 banned for obsessive grammar nazism

martic wrote: »
    UdderBullchitter said:

I don't post here but love reading all the posts so thanks to MT, Maq and all the experts on here for keeping us up to date with the weather and stuff. On a serious note I've to cycle down to the field in 3 weeks time to milk the cows and wondering what the weather will be like or will the road be closed or flooded.

If the cows are lying down cycle back home again. It's gonna rain.....

If it rains, they might take the roads in...... You'de be left out standing in your own field.....:p

martic wrote: »
    UdderBullchitter said:

It will be partly cloudy and yes it will be closed or flooded, especially if it has rained or been very windy or snowy the six or seven days before that which is entirely possible. You could check back or just go look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Actually, this piece of comedy gold was posted by Gamayun in the AH thread, comedy gold, hope s/he doesn't mind me reposting it here:

Pfff.... Nonsense. There's no record of a bad storm here in Ireland.

Although the records only go back to 1978 when the hall of records was mysteriously blown away.

:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88163976&postcount=37

keith16 wrote: »
    Lightening Lover:

I think I just saw a flash of lightening (sic) but there's no thunder :(

Me:

It's spelled LIGHTNING YOU CRETIN!

Mod:

keith16 banned for obsessive grammar nazism

Finally a prediction that may work out -- serious note, mods have asked me to lead the way by not involving mods in our funfest. So if we're to keep on going, would ask y'all to be nice to our mods who have almost unlimited patience (say what?)

Hurty Knee asks:

Are there any homeopathic remedies for a Jet Sting?

I hear they hurt and would like to know how to treat one in case I get stung.

Up a mountain in Donegal said

Not as bad as last Tuesday, it would take a lot more than this for it to be considered proper weather

Sun worshipper in a caravan in Youghal said

That was a really strong gust there

From Midleton said

Yup felt it here too

From Fermoy said

Real strong gust here about 2 mins ago

From Glanmire said

Stormy in East Cork too. Branches really flying about.

Finbarr Murphy said

Really windy in the centre of the city now.

Fed up from Mayo

Is everyone on this topic from bl**** Cork?

Lets all get along said

At least they are not talking about snow

Sun worshipper in a caravan in Youghal said

Did someone say it had started to snow?

Finbarr Murphy said

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a new smartphone for Christmas said

Oh dear Lord please post your location. Finbarr Murphy where are you posting from?

Fed up from Mayo

I am going out to feed the sheep 3 mountains over, I will let you all know what it is really like when I get back.

Looked it up said:

That was total fabrication about the Hall of Records, there was never a Hall of Records in 1978, because there was never was a 1978. The world did not exist before the internet. I can prove this, it's on this website:

Reallyreallycrazystuff.antigov.antiNWO.antischool.net

There has only been weather since 1982, the earth was created in that snowstorm and I can also prove that. Except I seem to have lost the bookmark for the site that proves it.

Hope I have made my point and we don't have to go through this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

The crazy postman said :

There's thick hair on the nape of the cow’s neck, the insects are marching a bee line rather than meandering and while out the back of the house I noticed the pigs gathering sticks, all this cements my views that I'm 50% sure we'll have a white Christmas in 2014.

Thick of it all said:

Does anyone have any idea where that poster Mid-Town Wexford lives? He sounds like he might be in the southeast somewhere but I could be wrong.

Business Owner said:

Can't see what all the fuss is about, people could easily have been out driving in this and visiting my trampoline sales yard, but bl&&dy MTC and his ilk had them scared off. Now what am I to do with this shipment of trampolines, half of them aren't even in the yard any longer? Grrrrr.

Later Data said:

Just looking at the latest METAR, it says 01252 128903 12997 21589 1289899 1288 12897 = 2.7 KK

Wouldn't have thought that was possible.

• Advertisement

Help Full says:

If anyone comes across 88madA, tell him to click his heels together to return...
    He's probably not in Kansas.

Thick of it all said:

Business Owner said:

Can't see what all the fuss is about, people could easily have been out driving in this and visiting my trampoline sales yard, but bl&&dy MTC and his ilk had them scared off. Now what am I to do with this shipment of trampolines, half of them aren't even in the yard any longer? Grrrrr.

Kanga Roo says:

Leave the rest of them out in the next wind.... Problem solved :D

M.T. will forecast when this is due to happen.

By the way, do any of our weather experts know when its going to snow in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Originally posted by SteamyTurd
    Easterlies never deliver the goods... I mean, that special delivery couldn't even land in Dublin Airport and the truck then couldn't drive up my road!!!

Originally posted by AnAnonymousMod
    Personal Abuse will not be tolerated!! Even towards Gerry Murphy's "wintry showers on hills"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Waiting for snow asks

I want to upgrade my lamppost and letterbox, any suggestions?

Check out my post on adverts.ie
    trampoline and front door for sale
    Slightly used

It always veers North said

Bet it will veer North before 6 am tomorrow, it always veers north!!

Let's stick to the facts said

I predict Mace Head 110 kn, Dublin 100 kn and Cork 60 kn

One-up-man-ship said

I would go with Mace Head 100 mph, Cork 65 mph and Dublin Airport 98 mph max.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

postman pats cat:

wow this thread is after getting big since I last checked. They must have got a shower of shnizztle in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Hiker (Location: Lugnaquilla) - Well, my mate and I are camped in our tent on top of Lug and as far as I'm concerned this is just a gentle breeze compared to Everest in '03.

Hiker (Location: Wales) - Hold on, just felt a bit of a gust there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Donegal Fella 39 : I am sick of this bloody miserable wet dull and windy weather, I'm heading off for 2 weeks for a Sun Holiday to sunnier climes.

Donegal Gal 28 : Can you bring me back a carton of cigarettes and I'll pay ya when ya get back?

Donegal Fella 39 : Sure thing!

Donegal Fella 39 : I'm back with your ciggies Donegal Gal 28

Donegal Gal 28 : How much do I owe ye?

Donegal Fella 39 : €95

Donegal Gal 28 : WHAT!! Where the hell did you go on Holiday??

Donegal Fella 39 : Wexford in the Sunny South East of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Dawn Kiebals Said

I know it was -18 out last night after it had lashed rain here in Leitrim.
    I just hope one of u weather guy's can tell me what are the chances of me slipping and breaking my ar5e if I go outside today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Mystic cloud says

Looking at the 5400h chart looks to me it will be milder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement