Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 4: Run, run fast -- the after hours weather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Last Post Ever said:

Do you know where there's a weather forum with helpful information? Just wondering.

Armagheddon said:

Awkward.

Last Post Ever said:

Why do you say that?

Second Account I Shouldn't Have said:

I had to troll through forty-nine pages just to find any semblance of a weather discussion here, FFS nobody cares if your wife snores, just be thankful you have a couple.

Timid said:

I can't believe I read that here, this is the weather forum. I thought?

Erich Go Home said:

Why was that last one called Erich? I would have called it Ronaldo because it missed wide right and was a bit OTT.

Makes No Misteak said:

"They" as you put it are the Germans so of course they would not think of Ronaldo.

Dieter O'Connell PhB, MQ said:

There's a vortex with my name on it.

Half Full Cranium said:

Just looked at the barometer, it's a glass half empty. No pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'm confused :(

D48 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this meant to be the winter of non-stop blizzards? Or was that just for the UK?

Vexed in Wexford said:

You're wrong. You asked to be corrected. I am correcting you. It was meant to be the winter of non-start blizzards. Unless you're thinking of What's His Name who was quoted in the paper, he said 120 days of snow from Dec 1 to end of February, that can't be right though. Can it?

Has Calendar said:

No, I just counted, there are exactly 90 days, so it would be 90 days of blizzards, minus the 28 we have not yet had, so he could still score 62 and that's a great score in golf which you can't play in a blizzard. I was saying to people, if you think about it, winter will be over before it starts and then it can be time for spring to turn wintry so we get a winter in the spring that will surprise people and then turn to summer before spring is over. And that's because of the enormous number of blackcurrants. I saw an article about it recently. So it would be spring, then winter, then summer, then more spring, then rain, then more summer, and directly into autumn, then next winter, and so on. Ken Ring was saying it might be a wet one.

Hope I don't accidentally hit on a real username. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Does anyone know if my flight will be delayed?

I understand there is some weather at the airport. Can my plane land when there is wind?

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    ranDOMguy: My brother just got engaged to his girlfriend and they've already booked the Powerscourt Hotel for the reception. Can the experts here tell me what the weather will be like in Enniskerry the second week of June......2015??

One or two could. I would have to charge a hundred euros. That would help me fix the tardis and get over there to have a look.

SeaFields wrote: »
    I'm confused :(

Yes, you must be. You're SeaFields.

A good breath of fresh air in a stiff South Westerly will blow the cobwebs from your mind :P

Tactical wrote: »

I understand there is some weather at the airport. Can my plane land when there is wind?

A. V. Ater said:

I am an aviation expert. These planes of which you speak have not yet been invented. Air travel is still largely by zeppelin and on occasion by trampoline. Wind is required to launch these craft into the air, calm conditions are the very bane of air travel. I trust that I have been of some assistance.

By the way, bring your own food as air food is not food.

Real Username said:

That's an old wives' tale. Show me even the slightest evidence. I bet you can't.

Real Username said:

See.

Speaks fluent Danish said:

I was looking at the Danish met site and for Faeroes they have this:

Op in aer high op es vind es blowingen snowingen so strongen ve blow allway to Helsinki 850 mb watchout bye all gettingen wettingen in fjorden now is sound of it sheeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooeeeeeooooooooooooo

and I was wondering, is that coming here?

BTW, here is about an hour south of where you are.

• Advertisement

Last Post Ever said:

This time I mean what I'm say

A.N. Onimus:

The forecasts here are like the government. Always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

I hate Met Eireann
    They never forecast; they only now-cast. Useless lot

Be reasonable Modish
    Met Eireann are doing their best, Evelyn/Jean/Gerry gave a good indepth discussion at the 27:27 news bulletin that only I saw because it is not all about the weather forum you know.

M.T. groupie
    But MT is way better than Met Eireann, he really cares and he is almost always right, I always check his forecast first before I even put a toe outside the bedsheets.

Confused from Cork
    Did someone say it was going to snow in Cork?

Also from Cork
    I saw a post a while back that mentioned both Snow and Cork.

Up-Cork
    Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere but Cork
    FFS just shut up about Snow in Cork - it is never going to happen

Confused from Cork
    First we were left out of the purple level 4 warning, then we were back in, and then left out again and finally and properly back in. Cork deserves bad weather just as much as the rest of the country

I hate Met Eireann
    Told-Ya Useless lot that Met Eireann.

Ken MacKillayuppee said:

I'm still waiting at the designated meeting place halfway, where are you? I am at the pub on the high street as we agreed.

Tardis No Workee said:

When you overlay the 48h GEM with the 54h ECM, you can see one is faster and one is slower.

Not Thierry Henri said:

Hands up, who wants another storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Does MT ever sleep???

Owen C:

What time is it going to snow in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Superman said:

Well I have been standing here in front of the sea since 1839 and I have not even got a breeze since then!

Mr T said:

Quit your jibber jabber If I ever here you complain again your going to meet my friend PAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Just-back-from-the-pub said
    Best topic of the night, I am here for the long haul... bring it on.

Just slightly insulted everyone said
    I really want to thank MT and the other guy... what's his name... Maq Nissan I believe. Only for those 2/3 real experts here on the forum it would be pure useless with just stupid people posting.

Got a new smartphone for Christmas said
    For the love of God - locations people

Just-back-from-the-pub (and ready to take the piss) said
    Just walked for 2 hours back from the pub from Galway to Mace Head and all I saw was 20 C heat. Grand night out.

Up a mountain facing the wrong way said
    Not a puff of wind here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Your plane can take off but not land. As such, you and your aircraft are destined to float endlessly through the clouds, a Marie Celeste of the sky.

Star of Wonder said:

I was reading on Not-weather that Joe Laminate Floori was predicting another giant teapot -- any truth to that?

Banned from Bundoran said:

Why can I not post here?

Not-weather Exile said:

S of W, you may not understand the Not-weather filter, they won't allow you to say any bad words like Bastardi, Bartlett, modern winter or World Cup 1970 through 2014. You can however say oh dear.

Is it because I got into that argument with Winter of 1909 about jet stream physics? Cuz I still say that the jet stream is controlled by chemtrails from HAARP and that our winters will never be the same. So is that any reason to ban me, and when will my ban be lifted? E-mail me as obviously I can't read the forum. My e-mail is denseobject@noservice.net

High Gubmint Official said:

We just dropped in to read this and Tactical is to report to the Ministry of Truth on Monday at 0900h. M.T. Cranium is to report there at his earliest convenience or before if possible.

Heard a Bang said:

Heard a very loud bang now. Going out to investigate. Not concerned about the 180 km/hr winds as I live in open country and there are very few trees except for the twenty that are located due west of my front door.

This is Normal said:

This is normal. Every wind storm is normal. The last one was normal, the next one will be normal. The frequency of them is normal too. I'm not sure why there is a weather forum.

Resistance is Futile said:

Bring on a real storm to Waterford right now or this puppy has to do without dinner. I mean it. This time I am serious.

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    Does MT ever sleep???

Yes, he slept through most of the afternoon and evening having stayed awake through much of the evening news for three consecutive nights, believed to be a Canadian record.

Mayor Rob Ford said:

Umm, this may off topic, but does any town in Ireland need a mayor? And do you have any, umm, laws about crack cocaine? Thanks, I'm in Toronto. I think.

Half Full Cranium said:

Don't be mean to my dad. He is getting help and is basically an okay guy, except for that war he started in the 1970s. And even that was entirely an accident.

High Gubmint Official said:

We just dropped in to read this and Tactical is to report to the Ministry of Truth on Monday at 0900h. M.T. Cranium is to report there at his earliest convenience or before if possible.

I may be delayed due to participating in the annual Snow Watch on the weather forum.

If not, I'll be delayed due to the weather :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Just wondering does extremely low pressure normally make people feel sick, we were feeling a bit sickly during that last bout of extremely low pressure but we couldn't tell if it was the leftover turkey or the weather. Thanks MT we love you ;)

Stu Pidity:

Question for all the weather xperts.

Can I jump higher if I'm in the centre of an area of low pressure compared to if I jump in the centre of an area of high pressure :confused:

NoServiceDotNet said:

Thanks for the free plug. Our internet services are second to few. For a very reasonable price, we offer a sevwiog a89g @7gasd8 sjkl abd second month is free.

This is the last time I am going to ask, but why can I not post ANYTHING? My 30-day ban was due to expire last week but I still can't post. And it's driving me mental.

Threadkiller 007 said:

Maybe you put yourself on ignore, Banned? That's the only explanation, or you have an older version of IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

THE DRINKER :
    12 Run your drunk go home to bed

CLOSED ACCOUNT:
    I Goning to close my account because no body belives my weather forecast

Stu Pidity:

Question for all the weather xperts.

Can I jump higher if I'm in the centre of an area of low pressure compared to if I jump in the centre of an area of high pressure :confused:

Mayor Rob Ford said:

I sure can. That also explains that 4.2 earthquake in Cork.

Mayor Rob Ford said:

I sure can. That also explains that 4.2 earthquake in Cork.

Cork Own Ian replies:

I thought that 'quake was due to a dynamic atmospheric pressure reversal, transversing the region in question, driven by the jet stream, which in its passing allowed the pressure built up in the geological stratification layers to expand in a sudden uncontrolled fashion.

Why did M.T not forecast this event?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

The Shannon radar is working again.. I sware!

No seriously......

;)

• Advertisement

Heard a Bang said:

You won't guess what just happened.

Resistance is Futile said:

Puppy gnawing on my leg past half hour, serves me right I suppose. Might relent if it at least rains.

Y. H8 Mee said:

I am due to take the ferry to France for six weeks holiday on the Riviera and was wondering whether to go in the Rolls or the Bentley? Any suggestions? Should my model wife pack a bikini? Any long-range outlooks for the World Cup and the Olympics, or the two years in between those in Tahiti?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement