Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo Coffee Machine €60

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Im still contemplating getting one.. Being that ye have them for a few days now do ye rekon there worth it? The noise turns me off..

The noise is not bad at all to be honest I thought it would be worse.. It's a great piece of kit for the €60 I got it for in the sale.. I was same as you mulling over a decision to get one & am now very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

I noticed that Currys has the Fidelia Plus 6515Gb for 79.99, which seems to be better priced than anywhere else.

Is this a decent unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

+1 for tassimo

Mrs boffin got one from Santa this year and its certainly better than the Dolce Gusto machine IMO

A trick we learned (online) with the cadbury's hot chocolate discs is before putting them in the machine, soak the disc in a cup of hot (not boiling) water then dry it off with a towel and pop it in the machine. The soak in hot water softens whats inside the disc and makes a better drink.

*** MAKE SURE YOU DRY THIS DISC BEFORE USING IT - DON'T BREAK YOUR MACHINE ***

Another tip we discovered is to not use the machine straight after filling the water tank from the tap. Allowing the water to reach room temp seems to produce better results.

Also tesco have (or at least had) an offer on all Tassimo disc packs for €4 each.

Happy Brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

One more point, Read the manual

The cup or disc should not be removed until the standby light comes on.

Some people make the mistake of removing the disc when the Cup+ green light is on, if you do on some cycles you risk not getting that last burst of steam that clears the spout and prevents your next drink from tasting like whatever you made previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Im still contemplating getting one.. Being that ye have them for a few days now do ye rekon there worth it? The noise turns me off..

I'd be suspicious of a quiet coffee machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Im not much of a coffee drinker but go the t40 for herself in harvey norman today for €69 and im very impressed. Had a costa cappuccino just there and its lovely. Couldn't be easier and its not very noisy.

highly recommend seems as good as my parents 300e delonghi nespresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭dockleaf

As an alternative, we have this:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297087/Trail/searchtext%3ESENSEO.htm

Senseo machine, now half price at 39.99, or you can get one with a bigger water capacity for 51.99. We buy the pods online from this crowd:

http://www.kaffeepadshop.com/shop/

Bulk buy and comes by courier, about once to twice a year. Usually between 30c to 35c per pod. I just buy normal and decaf coffee but you can get all sorts- chocolate, cappucino, latte etc

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Is the £20 off online orders when you register your Tassimo on tassimo.co.uk finished? Can't seem to see it on their site any more. Would anyone be able to confirm that that particular offer is gone? Was about to send link to a family member about cost of the T20 in argos and the £20 voucher but can't find the voucher link.

Btw, have my Tassimo a while, love it for the espresso (Mastro Lorenzo) and Americano (Jacobs Medaille D'Or) but have to admit that I use the steam spout on my old Krups to make the foamed milk in combination with espresso for a cappuccino :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭ratracer

This product is no longer available on DID website. Is this the same machine in Argos: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Bosch+t20&authToken=

ratracer wrote: »
    This product is no longer available on DID website. Is this the same machine in Argos: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Bosch+t20&authToken=[/QUOTE]

Yes that's the one that was on offer from D.I.D and that's the link I'm sending on to family. As far as I'm aware, this is the cheapest Irish instore offer available on this machine, but of course am entirely open to (and hopeful of) correction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

ncur wrote: »
    Is the £20 off online orders when you register your Tassimo on tassimo.co.uk finished? Can't seem to see it on their site any more. Would anyone be able to confirm that that particular offer is gone? Was about to send link to a family member about cost of the T20 in argos and the £20 voucher but can't find the voucher link.

its still on, bought a t20 a week ago in currys and after registering on tassimo.co.uk got an email with the £20 off discount code
    no direct link though, had a sticker on the box itself

a1_2014_1_2_7wtpvcaaxm.png

its still on, bought a t20 a week ago in currys and after registering on tassimo.co.uk got an email with the £20 off discount code
    no direct link though, had a sticker on the box itself

Good stuff, thank you very much for your reply and informative screenshot.

Also, welcome to Boards, I notice it's your first post!

Ya I registered the machine last night and got my £20 voucher by email then. Makes up nicely for them not putting a single sample in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Have been looking at the tassimo aswell but came across this one and i love lavazza coffe.Anyone know what these one's are like? http://www.powercity.ie/?par=60-10-5000RE&pages=1&prod=5000RE&brands=aeg&image=

Have been looking at the tassimo aswell but came across this one and i love lavazza coffe.Anyone know what these one's are like? http://www.powercity.ie/?par=60-10-5000RE&pages=1&prod=5000RE&brands=aeg&image=

No personal experience, but the reviews on amazon are limited in detail and number http://www.amazon.co.uk/AEG-LM5000RE-U-Modo-Favola-Litre/dp/B00EZ0GQE0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388662483&sr=8-4&keywords=aeg+lavazza+coffee+machine

Cheers for the link, looks a bit bulky aswell compared to others

what would be main difference between this two baring price does anyone know,i'l be goin for either or now i think

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4238861/Trail/searchtext%3ETASSIMO.htm

http://www.harveynorman.ie/sale/bosch-tassimo-coffee-machine-black-tas2002gb-clone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

t40: little bit bigger water tank + fancier button + different materials used (not much plastic). thats all... both of them making the exact same coffee from the same discs.

Thanks, the one for €53 will do me so

Another question to anyone who has a tassimo, what is best size cups to use

Another question to anyone who has a tassimo, what is best size cups to use

Ive been using a bog standard mug, you can hold the button to get a longer brew as the standard brew is smallish.

Ya go for the T20 I couldn't see much of a difference but had to go for t40 as there was no stock in cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

My mum got a t40 for Christmas and loves it so far. She's got a couple of the glass latte cups that are slightly too small for the standard Costa latte measure, though, does anyone know where you can buy these cup/glass things in different sizes (not a coffee drinker, so have no idea myself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Homestore and more have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

daytob wrote: »
    Homestore and more have them

For what price?

i think around 2.49 or 2.99 for 2 cups -glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Seriously considering getting one of these coffee machines! We had a nespresso machine for ages in work and they recently got a T40 Tassimo as the nespresso packed in, and I have to say I love the Tassimo. Love the variety of discs for the Tassimo! Is there any major difference between the T20 and T40? there's roughly €20 in the difference. If I went with the machine should I just spend the extra €20 and get the T40?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

For anybody looking for a useful list of places to purchase T-Discs around Ireland, check out this blog for a list of shops by county:

http://anygivenfood.com/buy-tassimo-discs-ireland/

The importers of Tassimo have made the following T-DISC varieties available to buy in supermarkets and major retailers across Ireland:

– Kenco Caffe Crema
    – Kenco Columbian
    – Carte Noire Espresso Classic
    – Carte Noire Latte Macchiato Caramel
    – Costa Americano
    – Costa Cappuccino
    – Costa Latte
    – Cadbury Hot Chocolate

The remaining branded varieties of T-DISCs are available to purchase online at:

Tassimo UK
    Amazon.co.uk
    DiscountCoffee.ie
    VikingDirect.ie
    and eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

I got the Tassimo T65 in Currys for €80, down (allegedly) from €200
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/BOSCH-Tassimo-Fidelia-Plus-TAS6515GB-Hot-Drinks-Machine-Titanium/309993/331
    Comes up as out of stock on the website but there were a few left in Blanchardstown.

Very happy with it in the early stages, not very noisy, very simple to use and the coffee is grand and hot. Not too bulky either compared to the Dolce Gusto machines with a similar water tank capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Hi folks

Bought a Tassimo today (T43) and set it up following the instructions. Only problem is that it isnt heating the water. All I am getting is ice cold coffee. I cant see what I am doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

is it plugged in and switched on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

daytob wrote: »
    is it plugged in and switched on?

I presume you are joking

Advertisement