Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Spiced leg of lamb and tzatziki featured in last weekend's Sunday Independent, and also my favourite these days, spiced chickpea, spinach and feta salad, with added roast sweet potato. Slight tweaking on tzatziki as I thought the recipe given was pretty meh. A bit of punch from red wine vinegar did it justice.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/whatsfordindins/IMG_20150819_191441_zpsollmixjm.jpg

looks lovely, can you freeze the spinach and feta salad?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

Steak, with some crisps caus i couldn't be arsed putting on a 2nd pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Guys,

We're noticing a lot of quoted pictures showing up in people's replies. We ask people not to do that because it makes the thread v. v. annoying to read on mobile. To remove a picture when you quote someones posts just remove all the text from the start of the first bracket in the tag to last bracket in at the end of the tag. Which is the bit highlighted in red in Dibkins post below :)

Boom - no quoted pictures & everyone is happy.

dibkins wrote: »
    slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

Steak, with some crisps caus i couldn't be arsed putting on a 2nd pan.

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Aldi Tikka Masala curry with chicken. I had mine with roasted chunks of cauliflower because I'm trying to lose weight and also because nicely seasoned roasted cauliflower is damn tasty with a curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Aldi Tikka Masala curry with chicken. I had mine with roasted chunks of cauliflower because I'm trying to lose weight and also because nicely seasoned roasted cauliflower is damn tasty with a curry.

I love cauliflower roasted with tumeric and cumin. Really tasty.

• Advertisement

Taboola wrote: »
    I love cauliflower roasted with tumeric and cumin. Really tasty.

I can't eat cumin. Or coriander! They're vile to me, I think it's a gene thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I can't eat cumin. Or coriander! They're vile to me, I think it's a gene thing?

Yup. Same as the cucumber thing. I still can't trust any salad that I don't make myself. Instant puke if there's any hint of it.
    Don't like fresh coriander either but will happily use the dried powder one.

Yeah the dried coriander that you find in shop-bought naan bread and stuff - that seems to be fine.

My friend reckons she has the gene that lets you taste what fish is *really* like ... aka she just doesn't like fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,855 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Made pizza for the first time in ages and ages.
    For some reason they seemed to be Spanish themed pizza.

1 (not pictured) was tomato, cheese (manchego and mozzarella) with just pickled chillies.

2 tomato, cheese, chorizo and roast red peppers.

3 tomato, cheese, pickled chillies, rocket and serrano ham.

IcnKdaJ.jpg

vHNlbsK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Zelda247 wrote: »
    looks lovely, can you freeze the spinach and feta salad?

Not sure but I'd rather not. I don't think frozen/thawed salad tastes good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe for the spiced tabbouleh?

Based roughly on this recipe here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/quinoa-tabbouleh-395939

However, I cooked the quinoa in veg bouillon, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground turmeric, hot chilli powder and garam masala, on 1:1 liquid to quinoa.
    I added a can of chickpeas, a handful of pumpkin seeds and goji berries.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Made pizza for the first time in ages and ages.
    For some reason they seemed to be Spanish themed pizza.

1 (not pictured) was tomato, cheese (manchego and mozzarella) with just pickled chillies.

2 tomato, cheese, chorizo and roast red peppers.

3 tomato, cheese, pickled chillies, rocket and serrano ham.

That pizza looks incredible :eek:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pizza looks like it comes from an Italian pizzeria....mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Guys,

We're noticing a lot of quoted pictures showing up in people's replies. We ask people not to do that because it makes the thread v. v. annoying to read on mobile. To remove a picture when you quote someones posts just remove all the text from the start of the first bracket in the tag to last bracket in at the end of the tag. Which is the bit highlighted in red in Dibkins post below :)

Boom - no quoted pictures & everyone is happy.

Thanks all!

You are officially the nicest Moderator on Boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

lick marks on my screen after i passed the pizza pics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Chilli beef wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Striploin steaks with sauteed mushrooms, onions and cherry tomatoes, peas and chips. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tonight was going to be carbonara but I popped to Lidl looking for cherries for a cherry almond cake and noticed that it's spanish week and they had one of my favourite treats: boquerones. So dinner became tapas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Chicken and veg in a satay-type sauce, with basmati rice. No pic as it looked like a dog's dinner but it tasted amazing! Trying to resist eating the other plate of it that's left for bf's dinner :)

I made a huge plate of risotto. Delicious. My usual le cruset pan was dirty so i used a regular light saucepan pan. It was so much more difficult to take care of! Too hot, too cold, sticking. I'll stick to the heavy one from now on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

vicwatson wrote: »

giphy.gif

Last night we had medium rare ribeyes and some ham croquettes from the Spanish range in Lidl. No photo cos the croquettes looked like owl pellets. Tasty though.

Attempt 2 with buckwheat pancakes. This time with ham, cheese and spinach. Nom. Went much better this time.

buckwheat_pancakes_with_ham__cheese_and_spinach.__1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,855 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

vicwatson wrote: »

Do not comment on thread to moderator's actions!
    (note to self, do not backseat moderate)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This was the second pepperoni pizza I made last night. It was something else.

q5cVaP5.jpg

My dinner tonight is a protein shake to make up for eating two pizzas yesterday :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tonight we had homemade burgers. I mixed steak mince with onion, wholegrain mustard, chipotle powder, paprika, salt and pepper and got a nice sear on the outside when cooking. Served with the aldi brioche buns, salad leaves, sliced tomato and slow fried onions. Lots of ketchup and french's mustard, obv.

There was meant to be sweet potato chips alongside but they got slightly burned... whoops. We went for a potter to the shops to get ice-creams after instead. I haven't had a Feast since I was a wee girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Oat23 wrote: »
    This was the second pepperoni pizza I made last night. It was something else.

My dinner tonight is a protein shake to make up for eating two pizzas yesterday :o.

that looks unreal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight we had Ikea meatballs with mushroom & onion gravy and mash.

2mnopif.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Stir-fry noodles with prawns and pak choi. first time eating prawns and pak choi and I'm really happy with how it turned out. :) Prawns were a bit chewy but I know were I went wrong. Still nice though. I will definitely be making this again. Picture isn't great but it was really good. :pac:

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y362/neilos3/Mobile%20Uploads/20150821_182449_zps86qsyeub.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Chilli non carni. Looks terrible, but tastes fab. Enough till Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Can I have the recipe of the almond and berry cake please anyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement