Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What's a long tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

What's a long tray?

Perhaps one of these:

3-in-1-Just-Eat.ie_-300x220.jpg

Drunk food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

A photo is the best way to explain :D

Egg fried rice, chips, and curry sauce. Can't imagine eating one without the influence of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A 3-in-1!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You get a few chicken balls with a 4-in-1

Personally I prefer rooster fries - they come in a long tray too, with chunks of chicken goujons and smothered in garlic mayo :)

33axlkx.jpg

Last night we had cottage pie, it felt like the first real autumn day and time for comfort food.

• Advertisement

Pfft! How many names do we need for a 3in1?
    (and I only found out what that was a few years ago).
    Chow Mein comes in a long tray too!

Lol! It's literally called a long tray on any Chinese menu I've seen! Have never seen it called a 3in1 on a menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Never heard of a long tray at all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A 4-in-1 with crispy chicken (not chicken balls) is the business at 3am!

Lol! It's literally called a long tray on any Chinese menu I've seen! Have never seen it called a 3in1 on a menu.

Maybe where you're from.
    I think it's a regional thing.

• Advertisement

Maybe where you're from.
    I think it's a regional thing.

Think that's entirely possible indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Now that I have the post up in the cooking club, I can safely reveal that I've been having Pho Bo for the last two dinners and a lunch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Cooking is fun!
    b549c40873.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Aw man now I want pizza dog rooster fries and a 4 in 1. And maybe a strawberry malt from Eddie rockets. I'd die happy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Applause that looks so tasty.

Parma ham, Cooleen peppered brie, green pesto, fancy crackers and green olives. And beer. Happy Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Parma ham, Cooleen peppered brie, green pesto, fancy crackers and green olives. And beer. Happy Friday!

iwant*your*dinner
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

So for the last week I have been away on my travels and have eaten out a lot. Sample dinners have been -

Loads of Bratwurst!

4CDF94CA-E8D7-4E85-A72D-66118D785CB1_zpsi64gharf.jpg

A very nice steak in a super touristy chain restaurant

8A838EDB-49BB-4E78-9948-1BC4063E3F45_zps46iwb9ck.jpg

A lovely cheese plate & some prosecco while eyeballing the drama at the champagne counter opposite us (the butter had salt crystals and was awesome)

F4F5B9AF-EB40-4DFB-81E4-34572C690890_zpscyikpyjm.jpg

And some great dumplings & bao in a very dark and grainy photo

C2805E6F-746B-40ED-99B4-3858991DED21_zpsrj12pgqa.jpg

I'm still a bit full, we cleared Germany of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Just beef ramen with a soft boiled egg last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ramen sounded good when I read your post earlier kylith!

Due to lack of most things needed :pac: mine was a sort of makey-uppy version. Random veg of red onion, a couple of hot chillis, red pepper and broccoli flash fried with garlic oil. Then I made up some miso soup, added a touch of honey and mixed it all with a pa-lo duck noodle pot from Lidl (I know, atrocious for me but the broth is amazing!) and a sliced fresh mango
    Reminds me of college:D

XhHTqB7l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Had a delish dinner last night. Had a gargantuan pork chop on the bone which was slow grilled so had extra crackly crackling and have managed to hold on to all my teeth which is nothing short of a miracle. Had this with steamed Maris pipers and garden peas and a revolutionary cauliflower cheese! I made my cheese sauce as normal but added English mustard to it and some pre cooked crispy smoked bacon bits, popped in oven for half an hour until bubbly, golden and moreish. Would definitely recommend sexing up ones cauliflower cheese in such a fashion, it was really naughty but really really nyummy!:)

Pork chops with shallots & mushrooms cooked in beer. Made by the fair hands of not me, wonderful

A6BD720F-0DCC-483B-9C11-3A5A8238FE9A_zpsjgpml5lr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Pork chops with shallots & mushrooms cooked in beer. Made by the fair hands of not me, wonderful

Did you really eat it out of the pot with a spoon and a fish slice?

:p

B0jangles wrote: »
    Did you really eat it out of the pot with a spoon and a fish slice?
    :p

Hells yes! Only way to get an entire chop into your mouth in one go...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Ramen sounded good when I read your post earlier kylith!

Due to lack of most things needed :pac: mine was a sort of makey-uppy version. Random veg of red onion, a couple of hot chillis, red pepper and broccoli flash fried with garlic oil. Then I made up some miso soup, added a touch of honey and mixed it all with a pa-lo duck noodle pot from Lidl (I know, atrocious for me but the broth is amazing!) and a sliced fresh mango
    Reminds me of college:D

Yours was much better than mine. Mine was just beef noodles from the Asian supermarket with some shaved beef and an egg.

Tonight I had mushroom risotto and salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was away for a few days, so have a few dinners to post up, no photos though :(

Wednesday

Starter: Pork belly, salad, red pepper and apple.
    Mains: Confit of Duck with a smokey bean cassoulet.
    Dessert: Fig and Frangipane tart for dessert with almond cream.

Thursday we had Garlic bread and pizza.

Friday we ended up with take away as we arrived home late, and a friend called over, so I had chicken curry with chips, and himself and fish and chips.

Saturday: Lamb chops, carrots, creamy mashed potatoes with scallions, and gravy.

Not sure what to have tomorrow. Might just stick with the home made mushroom soup instead of cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I don't have a picture but today's dinner was complete disappointment on a plate, my mammy is a horrible cook but I'm sick at the moment, so I let her do the cooking today, she fried chicken fillets with no kind of sauce or seasoning whatsoever and made under-seasoned lumpy mashed potatoes, served it to me in a plastic Disney princess bowl.

Well, I appreciate the effort. :P

I have a picture of my dessert though, I'll upload it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

roast seabass in foil with garlic, lemon, white wine, herbs and cherry tomatoes with some crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices. Fabulous.

Tried to upload a photo but not able to do it for some reason.

s6r7uh.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

anewme wrote: »

Tried to upload a photo but not able to do it for some reason.

Have you tried uploading them onto Tinypic.com? Than you just have to copy and paste the link for message boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Have you tried uploading them onto Tinypic.com? Than you just have to copy and paste the link for message boards.

Great thanks! That worked for me! No stopping me now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement